RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We need the Americans to get rid of this Geordie nation idea.  The more people we have with no local ties etc, the more we can start moving on as a business and onto steadier financial grounds.

What local ties are there at the moment?

Guest Phil K

We need the Americans to get rid of this Geordie nation idea. 

It's an invention of the football press, who then say it's come from the fans. This due to a few hundred "cockney mafia" morons.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

To be honest I don't think anything will happen until after the close of the transfer window. Things are progressing far too slowly for any takeover to be completed any time soon.

A slight variation of the above . . . "To be honest I don't think anything will happen"

Fair point.

We need the Americans to get rid of this Geordie nation idea.  The more people we have with no local ties etc, the more we can start moving on as a business and onto steadier financial grounds.

What local ties are there at the moment?

None, but as it seems the press believe that we are crying out for this Moat fella as he is 'a proppa Geordie, like', which as we all know is not the reason we would want him to take over.

It's an invention of the football press, who then say it's come from the fans. This due to a few hundred "cockney mafia" morons.

Wasn't it Freddie Shepherd who came out with the 'Geordie Nation' nonsense?

Guest ItalianMagpie

I think it's pretty clear that the takeover won't happen in time for transfers (IF will ever happen). I think that everybody waited to see if it could be sorted out in time, it didn't happen, so Ashley is going to bring some loans in (and not necessarily on Monday) to somehow survive till January. In the next weeks talks will go on and if we're lucky we'll have new owners by the beginning of next year, otherwise Ashley will try to get us back in the Premiership if we're still competing for it with few decent signings, or he will just wait fot next summer to start all over again. :rolleyes:

I'm not any ITK, but that's what's going to happen  :coolsmiley:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I think it's pretty clear that the takeover won't happen in time for transfers (IF will ever happen). I think that everybody waited to see if it could be sorted out in time, it didn't happen, so Ashley is going to bring some loans in (and not necessarily on Monday) to somehow survive till January. In the next weeks talks will go on and if we're lucky we'll have new owners by the beginning of next year, otherwise Ashley will try to get us back in the Premiership if we're still competing for it with few decent signings, or he will just wait fot next summer to start all over again. :rolleyes:

I'm not any ITK, but that's what's going to happen  :coolsmiley:

The most likely scenario at the minute.

Guest Brummiemag

Wasn't it Freddie Shepherd who came out with the 'Geordie Nation' nonsense?

I'm sure it was John Hall who came up with 'Geordie Nation'. A pipe dream maybe , but I wouldn't call it nonsense. With support like ours, and the love of a region like no other, who knows what could be achieved with the right long term backing

Glenn Roeder isn't on MOTD either, therefore he must be getting appointed tomorrow

When the f*** was Glenn Roeder ever on MOTD?  :dowie:

Post match interviews.

That's right, I've slain you with my mighty technicality.

Glenn Roeder isn't on MOTD either, therefore he must be getting appointed tomorrow

When the f*** was Glenn Roeder ever on MOTD?  :dowie:

Post match interviews.

That's right, I've slain you with my mighty technicality.

Just let us clutch at those straws man.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/American-consortium-close-to-buying-Newcastle-article137977.html

American consortium close to buying Newcastle

Published 23:21 29/08/09 By Brian McNally

An American consortium is closing in on a deal to buy Newcastle United that will restore Geordie legend Alan Shearer to the manager’s office.

The Sunday Mirror can reveal that talks taking place in London between the US businessmen and representatives of Seymour Pierce and owner Mike Ashley have made “significant progress" towards ending the 11-month takeover stalemate.

The Yanks, who have a background in the North American sports industry, insist they have the cash to satisfy Ashley’s asking price-which initially was £100million - and further funds to develop and market the club and sign players.

And, crucially, they insist that the closure of Tuesday’s transfer deadline will not scupper negotiations as far as they are concerned.

The Americans plan to install Shearer as manager, but have been impressed with caretaker Chris Hughton’s work at the club and will offer him a senior coaching role.

Tyneside businessman Barry Moat is Seymour Pierce’s preferred bidder and was given an extended deadline by Ashley six days ago to try and raise the necessary funds. But Moat could be running out of time as the Americans push to clinch a deal.

A source close to the American bid told the Sunday Mirror that it offers the best chance yet of changing Newcastle’s ownership.

He said: “This bid is both serious and credible. The difference between this and other bids is that the funding is there to buy the club if agreement can be reached on other financial areas such as the club’s £39million overdraft.

“Ideally, the consortium would have liked the business completed before the transfer deadline closed but they are serious about buying the club and won’t rush.

“Talks are under way and Mike Ashley’s original asking price shouldn’t be an issue. But it will take time and because of all the other disappointments the Americans have to play their cards close to their chests.”.

If a deal goes through Newcastle would join neighbours Sunderland, Liverpool, Manchester United and Aston Villa in being American owned.