RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From Skysports clockwatch:

11.30 Gianluca Vialli has been the subject of a surprise gamble today to succeed Alan Shearer as Newcastle manager. Sky Bet received a flurry of requests for odds on the Italian taking over at St James' Park and he is now 4/1 second favourite behind Shearer (2/7) to lead the Magpies into the Championship next month.

Sky Bet's Helen Jacob said: "This morning, out of the blue, we had a dozen requests for Vialli for Newcastle manager. We didn't even have him in the betting so quoted 12/1, which was snapped up and he is now down to 4/1 second favourite behind Alan Shearer. We'll be keeping a close eye on this market today.

"Rumours abound that Vialli may be installed as Director of Football alongside Shearer as manager but punters have been quick to back Vialli for the main job. He's been out of the game for seven years so it would seem to be an odd appointment but you never know the way things are with Newcastle at the moment."

;D ;D ;D

Guest pont-toon

In the meantime a club turns increasingly to rat s***

i have my doubts that lambias is telling us the truth with more than 2 bids at £100m

the price for me is too high hence no sale - and its a sad state of affairs when someone (a billionaire) sees southhanmpton as a better investment than nufc

not good (:

:mackems: :mackems:

Former Watford manager backed to take over from Alan Shearer

11:28am Thursday 9th July 2009

comment Comments (5)  Have your say »

By Anthony Matthews »

Former Watford boss Luca Vialli could be set for a surprise return to English football as Newcastle United manager, if the bookmakers are to be believed.

Sky Bet have reported a flurry of bets on the Italian to take over at St James’ Park and he is now 4/1 second favourite behind Alan Shearer (2/7) to be in charge of the Magpies before the start of the new season next month.

Sky Bet’s Helen Jacob said: “This morning, out of the blue, we had a dozen requests for Vialli for Newcastle manager. We didn’t even have him in the betting so quoted 12/1, which was snapped up and he is now down to 4/1 second favourite behind Alan Shearer. We’ll be keeping a close eye on this market today.

“Rumours abound that Vialli may be installed as director of football alongside Shearer as manager but punters have been quick to back Vialli for the main job. He’s been out of the game for seven years so it would seem to be an odd appointment but you never know the way things are with Newcastle at the moment.”

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/watfordfc/watfordfcnews/4483492.Luca_Vialli_in_Newcastle_United_frame_/

In the meantime a club turns increasingly to rat s***

i have my doubts that lambias is telling us the truth with more than 2 bids at £100m

the price for me is too high hence no sale - and its a sad state of affairs when someone (a billionaire) sees southhanmpton as a better investment than nufc

not good (:

Starting to think the same myself

Can't even think what i'd be feeling if those pricks are stuck with the club.  Think i'd just walk away tbh

Guest gggg

Now lets get this right ,was this a toon fan on skunkers who created this Hong Kong hoax and if it was he should know better and not sink to that level to trick fellow supporters shirley.

Hardly his fault people are fucking simple. DBAOTI.

Guest Brazilianbob

Got that sinking feeling that the club won't be sold and we are stuck with Ashley who just isn't interested any more.

From tonights Ronnie.

Llambias to miss friendly amid talks on takeover

Jul 9 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United managing director Derek Llambias is expected to steer clear of the Magpies’ first friendly of the summer as he focuses on the sale of the club.

Toon tycoon Mike Ashley is also not expected to be present in Dublin, where the black-and-whites will be represented at boardroom level by football secretary Lee Charnley.

United are understood to be working with the Malaysian consortium who visited Tyneside for a second time this week.

But despite the fact that the start of the Championship season is less than a month away, the pace of the sale is expected to continue at a lethargic rate.

Ashley’s PR man told the Chronicle today: “It has been well documented that bids of £100m have gone in and that we are still in the hands of lawyers.

“There continues to be interest in the sale of the club.

“And Keith Harris at Seymour Pierce is working very hard to go through the process of selling the club.”

Fans cruelly had their hopes raised in the last 24 hours after an internet hoax got out of control last night. It was claimed that Hong Kong-based investors were ready to bring in Gianluca Vialli as director of football and Alan Shearer as boss, along with a string of other exciting incentives.

However, this has turned out to be a complete wind-up which was first generated in cyberspace on Saturday night.

That did not stop some national newspapers falling for the trick although club sources confirmed today that there is no truth in the claims whatsoever.

What the fucks taking so long? If the bids match the selling price, surely Harris just has to advise Ashley which one to take. He's had nearly a month to check out the consortiums so he should have a good idea who the best ones will be.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/notes_and_insights/_a/newcastle_united_malaysian_takeover_moves_ever_closer/?utm_source=Feeds&utm_campaign=Notes+And+Insights&utm_medium=rss

More bollocks, they even claim Ashley has said he will look at FFS' £60M offer. Why bother if you've got 2 of £100M

In relation to the Ronnie's Article, never mind Llambias not going to the friendlies, I doubt we'd see him within 5 mile of SJP on a match day should the sale not materialise.

It really is a joke, you'd think the FA, if not certainly the PFA would come out publicly demanding to know what the fuck is going on

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I quite agree this thing is going on beyond belief, the bidders must be aware of the damage that's being done by dragging this saga out. :angry:

Guest pont-toon

From tonights Ronnie.

Llambias to miss friendly amid talks on takeover

Jul 9 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United managing director Derek Llambias is expected to steer clear of the Magpies’ first friendly of the summer as he focuses on the sale of the club.

Toon tycoon Mike Ashley is also not expected to be present in Dublin, where the black-and-whites will be represented at boardroom level by football secretary Lee Charnley.

United are understood to be working with the Malaysian consortium who visited Tyneside for a second time this week.

But despite the fact that the start of the Championship season is less than a month away, the pace of the sale is expected to continue at a lethargic rate.

Ashley’s PR man told the Chronicle today: “It has been well documented that bids of £100m have gone in and that we are still in the hands of lawyers.

“There continues to be interest in the sale of the club.

“And Keith Harris at Seymour Pierce is working very hard to go through the process of selling the club.”

Fans cruelly had their hopes raised in the last 24 hours after an internet hoax got out of control last night. It was claimed that Hong Kong-based investors were ready to bring in Gianluca Vialli as director of football and Alan Shearer as boss, along with a string of other exciting incentives.

However, this has turned out to be a complete wind-up which was first generated in cyberspace on Saturday night.

That did not stop some national newspapers falling for the trick although club sources confirmed today that there is no truth in the claims whatsoever.

What the f***s taking so long? If the bids match the selling price, surely Harris just has to advise Ashley which one to take. He's had nearly a month to check out the consortiums so he should have a good idea who the best ones will be.

hmmm - i wonder why Llambias is staying away from the match - couldnt be owt to do with avoiding the fans by any chance could it !

on a more serious note this Southhampton takeover thingy has made me a tad nervous that Alan Shearer might not be available come the day the club evntually changes hands

i need some postive news again - this whole farce is dragging me down in a spiral of pessimism

I quite agree this thing is going on beyond belief, the bidders must be aware of the damage that's being done by dragging this saga out. :angry:

I guess you're using the term 'bidders' lightly.  :shifty:

In light of the Vialli stories coming out, can we not just now delete every rumour that has since been heard or written about and assume that not a single person outside of the club has any clue what is going on