RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So what though? It's the truth.

What's the point in carrying on like everything's brilliant and we're not up s*** creek without a paddle? I don't get it.

Who's saying it's brilliant?

It's s***, totally s***, so let's not do anything to make it worse, that's what I'm saying.

It can get worse, that's the f**king sad part! :facepalm:

I hope you're right and things are fine.

I also hope they're fine, but unfortunately that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that if we carry on like this taking everything bad that is written about the club and not only believing it, but expanding and emphasising it ourselves we're not exactly helping the situation and that's the problem; no-one's been helping the situation for almost a year now and it's somewhat obviously got worse and worse because of that. Even the fans, who are supposed to genuinely care about the well being of the club and not only about themselves are now taking every opportunity to stick the knife in and give it a twist. That's pretty much the exact opposite of what fans are supposed to do; they're supposed to stick up for their club come what may and in the face of all evidence to the contrary, not the other way around. Like I said, it's fucking insane, the world has been turned on its head.

Anyway, gotta go now.

Good good.

Did someone turn over a rock?

:p

....and out crawled a dog's ex!

Dyslexic batsard.

Fuck me the Indi lecture circuit is back on.  :aww:

I'm going to have to sack my agent, he keeps getting me gigs where the audience is made up of patients from the local nuthouse.  :uglystupid2:

I'm going to have to sack my agent, he keeps getting me gigs where the audience is made up of patients from the local nuthouse.  :uglystupid2:

It's an international nuthouse I'll have you know.  :knuppel2:

They're only posting on an internet forum though. The only real-world evidence that what you are saying is happening will be when the numbers of season ticket renewals becomes apparent. I don't really understand what you're complaining about. ???

Where have you been over the last season, man? There's been real-world evidence left, right and centre. This season the fans of this club have behaved like the stereotype put upon us by the media and the rest of the country, I'd previously thought that stereotype was total bollocks, and I'm pretty sure that it did indeed used to be so, but this year it's been pretty close to the truth. People seem to be behaving how the media expect or encourage them to behave. Whereas before there was a sense of: "You keep publishing that bullshit about us and we'll do our best to keep our dignity and carry on supporting our team in the way we've always done." Now it's more of a "You keep publishing that bullshit about us and we'll do our best to live up to it and in the process play a part in sending our club down the shitter." situation.

I'm complaining about people losing all touch with reality and giving credence to crackpot theories like; Ashley bought us for a bet to see if he could take us down, Ashley is deliberately trying to f*** us over, Ashley is trying to drag out this takeover simply to ruin our season, etc etc etc.

People's sense of reality is so warped at the moment that I could well see the same s*** happening all over again with the next owners if they don't come in splash a s*** load of cash, take us up as champions and storm our way up the Premiership next year. NE5 was right about one thing and that was that a lot of people who follow this club seem to think we have a divine right to success and are simply not happy with realistic targets and achievements. Those people seem to be in a huge majority at the moment.

Utter tripe IMO.

We still averaged 48,000 last year, we still supported the team as they were relegated woefully, and we will still support the club in the league below. The sheer number of catastophic errors by Ashley along the way has led to some people suspecting a deliberate ploy to f*** us up, I don't believe it myself but I can't say I blame them tbh. It's ludicrous but then so is what has happened here over the last year.

Divine righters, for not wanting to be relegated. :lol: f***ing hilarious.

No one has a divine right but ….. when you look at it logically, we have the third biggest stadium in the country (and fill it most games), fanatical support (to the point of stupidity) good catchment area, fantastic city, all the ingredients really, just missing a bit of stability and someone with half a brain to run the club. Total mismanagement, I mean Joe Kinnear ffs, ……laugh? I nearly bought my own beer!

offtopic but what happend to the forum logo/banner change?

wasn't a new design going to be put up?

Indi took the money and fucked off on a round the world cruise.

Also, the forum software update we were waiting for still hasn't been released. We don't want to base the redesign around software that is going to be completely out of date. Unfortunately there is no fixed timescale on the release of the software we're waiting for.

Also, the forum software update we were waiting for still hasn't been released. We don't want to base the redesign around software that is going to be completely rebuilt.

ah right gotcha

They're only posting on an internet forum though. The only real-world evidence that what you are saying is happening will be when the numbers of season ticket renewals becomes apparent. I don't really understand what you're complaining about. ???

Where have you been over the last season, man? There's been real-world evidence left, right and centre. This season the fans of this club have behaved like the stereotype put upon us by the media and the rest of the country, I'd previously thought that stereotype was total bollocks, and I'm pretty sure that it did indeed used to be so, but this year it's been pretty close to the truth. People seem to be behaving how the media expect or encourage them to behave. Whereas before there was a sense of: "You keep publishing that bullshit about us and we'll do our best to keep our dignity and carry on supporting our team in the way we've always done." Now it's more of a "You keep publishing that bullshit about us and we'll do our best to live up to it and in the process play a part in sending our club down the shitter." situation.

I'm complaining about people losing all touch with reality and giving credence to crackpot theories like; Ashley bought us for a bet to see if he could take us down, Ashley is deliberately trying to fuck us over, Ashley is trying to drag out this takeover simply to ruin our season, etc etc etc.

People's sense of reality is so warped at the moment that I could well see the same shit happening all over again with the next owners if they don't come in splash a shit load of cash, take us up as champions and storm our way up the Premiership next year. NE5 was right about one thing and that was that a lot of people who follow this club seem to think we have a divine right to success and are simply not happy with realistic targets and achievements. Those people seem to be in a huge majority at the moment.

Utter tripe IMO.

We still averaged 48,000 last year, we still supported the team as they were relegated woefully, and we will still support the club in the league below. The sheer number of catastophic errors by Ashley along the way has led to some people suspecting a deliberate ploy to fuck us up, I don't believe it myself but I can't say I blame them tbh. It's ludicrous but then so is what has happened here over the last year.

Divine righters, for not wanting to be relegated. :lol: Fucking hilarious.

Speaking of NE5, way to put words in my mouth, top work, he'd be proud. I'm glad you find your own joke funny because that's what it is; entirely your own work. I neither said, nor implied, that people were divine righters for not wanting to be relegated. This is what I'm talking about when I say it's futile to try and ague against the mass hysteria, people can't even read a simple sentence without interpreting it in a ridiculously negative and paranoid way.

It's ludicrous full-stop. The fact that a normally sane poster like yourself is willing to entertain such madness just goes to prove my point, it's like everyone's become Parky. I can understand why he's resorted to petty digs and one line "answers", the poor lad's been usurped, his role has been taken, he's become mainstream, he must be feeling lost and afraid. Awwww.

It's an international nuthouse I'll have you know.  :knuppel2:

They'll tell you anything to get you to take your pills.

Hang on, you were the one who said people might kick off again if someone doesn't 'come in splash a shit load of cash, take us up as champions and storm our way up the Premiership next year'. You're putting words in people's mouths there. I see a load of people unhappy about being relegated and absolutely nothing being done to date to rectify the situation.

You claim 'a lot of people who follow this club seem to think we have a divine right to success and are simply not happy with realistic targets and achievements'. On what evidence? What are these targets in your opinion?

Also, the forum software update we were waiting for still hasn't been released. We don't want to base the redesign around software that is going to be completely out of date. Unfortunately there is no fixed timescale on the release of the software we're waiting for.

It's true, I'm posting this from my laptop, sat on the deck watching the sun rise over Japan. The story about the forum software is just a front though, we've sold the forum to Mike Ashley and at this very moment he's using it to steal all of your passwords, money and he's developing a new add-on that'll allow him to kill your cat or perhaps your granny, he hasn't decided yet.

@ Indi...What a ludicrous bitter post. And you make out you're reading Nietzsche. PMSL.  :mackems:

No, I have never made out I'm reading Nietzsche. That's the second time you've said that and you were wrong the first time too. As for bitter, well you'd do well to ask yourself who's the bitter one here.

@ Indi...What a ludicrous bitter post. And you make out you're reading Nietzsche. PMSL.  :mackems:

No, I have never made out I'm reading Nietzsche. That's the second time you've said that and you were wrong the first time too. As for bitter, well you'd do well to ask yourself who's the bitter one here.

You're the one dishing out lectures dahlink and calling people nutters and paranoid....All fairly subjective terms when applied to people you've never met.

What happened to you?

Such a sad sight watching the club decay like this...equally sad is being so wretchedly helpless and hopeless to stop the rot...and then on top of it we have fans trying to laud it over one another with their respective "told you so"'s etc...fucking pitiful sight.

:(

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/golf/article6710023.ece

July 15, 2009

Ghost village with sombre past and present

Graham Spiers

At one of those vintage Open Championships held at St Andrews, Jack Nicklaus was asked to encapsulate what made the auld grey toon so special in the mind of a golfer.

“I think it is the setting,” Nicklaus said after a pause. “Look at this golf course and this town. Where else in the world do you see the final hole stretching right up into the heart of the town, past people's houses? The golf course starts in the town and finishes in the town.”

Something equally resonant applies to Troon, Prestwick and Carnoustie. There is a strong symbolism in the marriage of a Scottish golf course and township, because the classic Scottish links courses, like the game itself, belong to the people, to the heart of the community.

At Turnberry, however, you are struck by something very different. In fact, beyond the famous spa hotel and its golf course, there seems to be no “Turnberry” as such, despite it appearing as a small blob on the map. Turnberry, steeped in history as it is, is something of a non-community, a sort of ghost village.

Wander its few streets in the shadow of its vast, imperious hotel and you will find no shop, no school, no pub, no café. As of two months ago, there is no post office. There isn't even a kirk - the ancient sentinel of a Scottish town or village - in Turnberry. What there is is swallowed up by the neighbouring parish of Kirkoswald, five miles to the northeast.

“Turnberry is a lovely spot but there is no community there as such,” the Rev James Guthrie, who served 25 years as a Church of Scotland minister in the parish, said. “You have the golf course, of course, and the hotel, but that's about it. In fact, you have to go back three quarters of a century to 'The Turnberry Set' to find some kind of community life in the village.”

The “Turnberry Set” provides a clue as to why Turnberry came to be what it is today. They were a group of Scottish and English bons viveurs of the 1920s and 1930s, who took one look at the hallowed links and the great hotel, and decided to build second homes.

The period was Turnberry's Jazz Age, when railway companies produced posters that proclaimed: “Leave Marylebone Tonight, Be In Glorious Turnberry By Morning”. The steam train proved quite an allure to wealthy southerners who fancied a mix of Scottish golf and fresh air.

Today, Turnberry is celebrated for its golf, and its “Duel in the Sun” shoot-out between Jack Nicklaus and Tom Watson in 1977, but there is something sad, even tragic about the place. Turnberry, in fact, must be one of the few places in Britain where its war memorial for those killed in action cites a list of names, not one of whom came from Turnberry. The memorial is not even in Turnberry, but out by the lighthouse, nearer the neighbouring village of Maidens, two miles up the coast.

It is believed that up to 200 men and women lost their lives while training to be fighter pilots at the Turnberry airbase, which was built on parts of the golf course during the two world wars. There is a little-known cemetery for them, but even that is at Dunure, a little farther up the coast.

The brighter side of Turnberry's often bleak existence owes much to Scottish scurrility. We are in Burns country here, where the land - and the links - are soaked in bawdy tales and vivid poetry. It was over these fields that Robert Burns, often stewed with drink, wrote of the “lang Scots miles, of waters, mosses, slaps and styles” and of those waiting at home, “where sits our sullen, sulking dames, gathering their brows like a gathering storm”. Burns, like some golf clubs today, took a dim view of women.

Turnberry deserves its place in the sun this week. But if it could, the village itself would speak like a Burns lament of its often paltry fate, past and present.

Don't ask me, it was on our NewsNow stream. I bet quite a few read nearly all of it waiting for it to be about us though. :lol:

Such a sad sight watching the club decay like this...equally sad is being so wretchedly helpless and hopeless to stop the rot...and then on top of it we have fans trying to laud it over one another with their respective "told you so"'s etc...f***ing pitiful sight.

told you this would happen.

Such a sad sight watching the club decay like this...equally sad is being so wretchedly helpless and hopeless to stop the rot...and then on top of it we have fans trying to laud it over one another with their respective "told you so"'s etc...f***ing pitiful sight.

told you this would happen.

:lol:

Guest toonlass

Had on I'm catching up.

Someone turned over a rock, and Eric Gates crawled out and pretended to be Indi, who then had an argument with Parky and then Dave said that he told you so, while NE5 had a nervous breakdown. Wtf????

Had on I'm catching up.

Someone turned over a rock, and Eric Gates crawled out and pretended to be Indi, who then had an argument with Parky and then Dave said that he told you so, while NE5 had a nervous breakdown. Wtf????

then GM climbed on a high horse and madras tried to crack a funny.

normal night on online eh ?

Guest toonlass

Had on I'm catching up.

Ah ok, thought something was missing. Is Haz still telling everyone that religion is shite?

Had on I'm catching up.

Ah ok, thought something was missing. Is Haz still telling everyone that religion is s****?

nah that could be anyone with a brain. :coolsmiley: