RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We've been joking about it for a while but I can honestly see the club turning to Kinnear soon. Hughton clearly isn't comfortable with managing the players and they aren't happy with a coach in charge.

Kinnear said he'd be willing to help out and I can imagine Ashley going for it. Someone who is desperate for a job, won't demand anything or whinge to the media and the players already know.

We've been joking about it for a while but I can honestly see the club turning to Kinnear soon. Hughton clearly isn't comfortable with managing the players and they aren't happy with a coach in charge.

Kinnear said he'd be willing to help out and I can imagine Ashley going for it.

I can the man has now shown consistently how adapt he is at fucking this club up.

In all honesty, I don't see why Ashley doesn't put Shearer on a month to month contract, so he can stop us being absolutely fucked in the Championship, and actually work on getting players we need etc. And then when the club (if ever) is sold, if the owners don't want Shearer then in less than a month they can just not renew the contract. I think Shearer would go for it, he seems as frustrated as us at not being able to do anything to help.

Kinnear said he'd be willing to help out and I can imagine Ashley going for it. Someone who is desperate for a job, won't demand anything or whinge to the media and the players already know.

Fuck me man. The very thought of it turns me cold :(

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

In all honesty, I don't see why Ashley doesn't put Shearer on a month to month contract, so he can stop us being absolutely f***ed in the Championship, and actually work on getting players we need etc. And then when the club (if ever) is sold, if the owners don't want Shearer then in less than a month they can just not renew the contract. I think Shearer would go for it, he seems as frustrated as us at not being able to do anything to help.

Spot on.

If they can hire Colin Calderwood week to week, why not Shearer? Makes you wonder if Shearer is asking for too much money, or if it is just an Ashley power play.

In all honesty, I don't see why Ashley doesn't put Shearer on a month to month contract, so he can stop us being absolutely fucked in the Championship, and actually work on getting players we need etc. And then when the club (if ever) is sold, if the owners don't want Shearer then in less than a month they can just not renew the contract. I think Shearer would go for it, he seems as frustrated as us at not being able to do anything to help.

Thats far too sensible and intelligent for an utter fuckwit like Ashley to comprehend.

Is it any wonder that conspiracy theorists think he is deliberately trying to fuck us over. He isnt doing 1 single thing to try and get us prepared for the new season.

Hanlon's Razor...

That is all.

Maybe the first few times.

...but now you're convinced it's borne of malice?

I've got to admit I've swithered from one school of thought to the other on this matter for months now...at one point convincing myself that "nobody could be this incompetent, it must surely be some sort of evil rich man's bet to ruin the club?!"...and then, in light of other ridiculously inept debacles, I veer back to the other extreme of convincing myself that "no, really, perhaps it is just that he really is this woefully stupid and inept?"...or possibly there's a further explanation that none of us have yet fully managed to work out?

Hanlon's Razor...

That is all.

Maybe the first few times.

...but now you're convinced it's borne of malice?

I've got to admit I've swithered from one school of thought to the other on this matter for months now...at one point convincing myself that "nobody could be this incompetent, it must surely be some sort of evil rich man's bet to ruin the club?!"...and then, in light of other ridiculously inept debacles, I veer back to the other extreme of convincing myself that "no, really, perhaps it is just that he really is this woefully stupid and inept?"...or possibly there's a further explanation that none of us have yet fully managed to work out?

Probably just doesn't care any more. It's his style to be frank.

As I mentioned earlier today, the Sports Direct results are out on Thursday and there are going to be some changes regarding the dividend or something (I didn't read the article properly tbh), so he's probably far more bothered about that.

Thats far too sensible and intelligent for an utter fuckwit like Ashley to comprehend.

Is it any wonder that conspiracy theorists think he is deliberately trying to fuck us over. He isnt doing 1 single thing to try and get us prepared for the new season.

There would be great difficulty in attracting players to a club where the manager is on a monthly contract and the ownership is about to change. Plus any new owners are going to want to plan their own transfer budget.

Nothing is 'the end' at all.  We could go into administration and go down and we'd stick around.  We could go out of business and  reform in the Unibond and we'd still follow the new club.  However this goes, and it might well be hideous, we'll out live Ashley on this.

Reading that sort of thing makes you wonder how long this charade will be allowed to go on before good-hearted Geordies rise up to seize control of this club's destiny.

There would be great difficulty in attracting players to a club where the manager is on a monthly contract and the ownership is about to change. Plus any new owners are going to want to plan their own transfer budget.

Who cares? Infinitely better than the situation now, I'd rather have Shearer here struggling to get people than no-one here not trying.

Guest BooBoo

I really don't think there's been a single bid for the club. Interested parties have looked at the books, seen what Ashley wants and got the next flight home.

Even if Shearer came in now, all he'd be doing is taking training and trying to convince some of the players to stay. Realistically he wouldn't any power to buy or sell players until the takeover was complete.

Even if there are solid offers, do we even want a new owner who is quibbling over a couple of million quid while we're rapidly running out of time, goodwill, players who want to stay and what little reputation we have left as a 'big club'? They might be just as clueless as Ashley if they don't realise the importance of coming straight back up.

By the way, my dads mate's son is a physio at the club (a Mr Beach I think) and apparently Shearer has been at the training ground, although he said it was nothing to do with the takeover, that he knows very little and that he's there to do some fitness training before the SBR charity game.

Guest BooBoo

By the way, my dads mate's son is a physio at the club (a Mr Beach I think) and apparently Shearer has been at the training ground, although he said it was nothing to do with the takeover, that he knows very little and that he's there to do some fitness training before the SBR charity game.

:facepalm:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Interesting read i think

Might explain the slow progress!

sportinglife

Sulaiman Al Fahim is negotiating a price with Portsmouth after the due diligence process for the takeover was completed.

The property tycoon is in talks with Pompey owner Sacha Gaydamak over a figure for the south-coast club, with paperwork for the fit-and-proper-person test having already been submitted to the Premier League.

Al Fahim's advisor Ivo Ilic Gabara has not put a time frame in place for getting things finalised but told the Portsmouth News both parties want any deal to be sorted as soon as possible.

He said: "Due diligence has been completed.

"We are now making a final commercial assessment with information obtained through the due diligence process.

"We will then sit down and negotiate a final price based on how much both parties think the club is worth.

"We have never said the entire deal would be completed in July. We said all along we expected due diligence to be completed in such a time frame - now that has happened. I cannot possibly say when a final fee will be agreed. The deal is not closed until it is closed, like any financial transaction.

"But both parties want it completed as soon as possible to proceed in a good manner."