RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why wont the arse just accept it.  He's had bids but hes being so unreasonable.

I've heard some of the bidders will repay some of the loan along with servicing the overdraft at a slightly reduced fee for the club.  He wants 100m, the overdraft servicing and the 100m loan repayed as in installments but way above the current base rate.  So really any owner could end up paying anything from 250m-300m.

IS HE A FECKING LUNATIC.

Man City were bought for 60m or something and he wants 300m for a championship club.

source ?

Pompey 20m

Villa 42m

i meant the terms of repaying the loan etc.

True or not, the situation in the Guardian article is basically our worst nightmare and something which is looking more and more likely with each passing day - potential buyers scared off when they see the books and drifting into the new season with no players, effectively no owner and effectively no manager.

Have said it somewhere in this thread, you can't be asking for a 100m for a club that costs 20m every 3 months to run (as is).

He (MA) is either greedy or doesn't want to sell.

I think he's greedy and now doesnt give a shit what happens to the club.  I've a feeling he'd rather run us into the ground and asset strip than he would accept a lower price

I'm not so sure looking at the price he wants to sell, it's summat I've been pondering the last weeks. It's a smokescreen so he doesn't have to do owt during the summer.

Why wont the arse just accept it.  He's had bids but hes being so unreasonable.

I've heard some of the bidders will repay some of the loan along with servicing the overdraft at a slightly reduced fee for the club.  He wants 100m, the overdraft servicing and the 100m loan repayed as in installments but way above the current base rate.  So really any owner could end up paying anything from 250m-300m.

IS HE A FECKING LUNATIC.

Man City were bought for 60m or something and he wants 300m for a championship club.

source ?

Pompey 20m

Villa 42m

i meant the terms of repaying the loan etc.

Obsessed with loans and debt. Welcome to PL football 2009.

Guest Roger Kint

True or not, the situation in the Guardian article is basically our worst nightmare and something which is looking more and more likely with each passing day - potential buyers scared off when they see the books and drifting into the new season with no players, effectively no owner and effectively no manager.

Have said it somewhere in this thread, you can't be asking for a 100m for a club that costs 20m every 3 months to run (as is).

I think he's greedy and now doesnt give a s*** what happens to the club.  I've a feeling he'd rather run us into the ground and asset strip than he would accept a lower price

If the club is run into the ground then any 'asset stripping' will go to pay creditors ie outstanding transfers, banks etc as well as Ashleys loan. Its a long drawn out and utterly pointless exercise which no sane person would chose over simply selling and and cutting whatever losses he has now.

To start off saying he is greedy then summerising he prefers to take a massive loss is a strange conclusion

I think he's greedy and now doesnt give a s*** what happens to the club.  I've a feeling he'd rather run us into the ground and asset strip than he would accept a lower price

If the club is run into the ground then any 'asset stripping' will go to pay creditors ie outstanding transfers, banks etc as well as Ashleys loan. Its a long drawn out and utterly pointless exercise which no sane person would chose over simply selling and and cutting whatever losses he has now.

To start off saying he is greedy then summerising he prefers to take a massive loss is a strange conclusion

I mean he'll asset strip first.

NOt sure what these assets are?

Guest Roger Kint

Other than players what exactly do you think he can sell? :kasper:

Exactly.

Exactly.

he could re-name 'shearer's' as 'ashley's'  :kasper:

Exactly.

he could re-name 'shearer's' as 'ashley's'  :kasper:

He could flog Shearer's bar I guess, although as a parting shot it wouldn't surprise me if he tried to take the lease on the club shop and rebrand it as Sports Direct

I'm not so sure looking at the price he wants to sell, it's summat I've been pondering the last weeks. It's a smokescreen so he doesn't have to do owt during the summer.

There was an article that pretty much implied it would actually be more expensive to sell the players this summer than to keep them so maybe you are right. Ashley probably feels they all deserve to play in the Championship this coming season too.

Maybe Ashley is just stalling until Kinnear is fit enough and 100% cleared by the doctors.

Kinnear popping up on TV the other day to give his opinions on Owen and his desire to return should the club not be sold is beginning to look like way too much of a coincidence.

:kinnear:

SSN breaking news: Middle Eastern consortium complete takeover of N

otts County.

Shocked they didn't say something like "The Magpies have been taken over... Notts County that is!" :lol:

i hate mike ashley. Season getting lost before its started.

no point staying positive is it? :D

I've tried.  But we're hurtling towards a point of no return so fast that I can't even justify a position of cautious optimism any more. It seems every day we lurch forward towards that precipice instead of inching.

I almost wish apathy would take a greater hold of me and I could view all this with a sense of detached bemusement.