RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

one of several investors interested, so not getting my hopes up. we wont be any clearer this time next week, maybe even the week after.

These guys have been floating around interested in football clubs for a while now, strange they havent taken a club over already.

Mcmahon denies interest in toon in 2008

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/aug/07/newcastleunited.premierleague

FYP.  O0

We dont want people slitting their wrists.

I don't think it's a big problem if they don't come in with ridiculous amounts of money, as long as they put something towards building the squad, which lest we forget Ashley hasn't actually managed since coming in with to his sell to buy ways.

The fact they want to install Shearer as manager is a very good sign as Shearer has made it clear that he has a plan that will require investment and he is unwilling to budge on it. If they are willing to fund this then the signs are good.

Guest firetotheworks

Yep. I have no problem with them not spending vast amounts, as long as its proportionate to a club our size, and we know where we stand. It's as simple as that.

I don't think it's a big problem if they don't come in with ridiculous amounts of money, as long as they put something towards building the squad, which lest we forget Ashley hasn't actually managed since coming in with to his sell to buy ways.

The fact they want to install Shearer as manager is a very good sign as Shearer has made it clear that he has a plan that will require investment and he is unwilling to budge on it. If they are willing to fund this then the signs are good.

Precisely. I couldn't give a fuck about them spending silly money, just spending sensibly where and when needed. Like Ashley fucking should have.

I'm not going to get carried away, it could all be bullshit, i want to see solid quotes from the people involved not quick sounds bites off some random jackie boarding a plane.

Precisely. I couldn't give a fuck about them spending silly money, just spending sensibly where and when needed. Like Ashley fucking should have.

Hmmm.... apart from their website being beyond shite, these folk seem a little dodgy, just out for self promotion, or at worst, scammers of the highest order.

Regarding their business -

"so i was right, dodgy as a £3 note."

"This company advertise heavily on the ESPN-STAR Asia Sports channels. I thought it was dodgy when they changed names a while back. They are predicting 200% gains in just a few years. Have they not heard of the recent popular term "credit crunch"."

Regarding interest in Liverpool -

"Last year Profitable Group were supposed to buy Everton and then Newcastle according to the UK and Singapore press both of which later turned out to be completely untrue. Some clever high profile brand association work by someone though with enough rumour being passed around that the normally reliable UK Guardian claimed Profitable Group were looking for complete control of Newcastle.

It all turned out to be completely untrue in the end so throw some large pinches of salt in the direction of a Profitable Group and Liverpool FC relationship until Liverpool FC say something."

etc... etc... from:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=599820&nmt=Profitable%20Group%20-%20Concorde%20Village

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/450/RipOff0450409.htm

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/978232

Oh, check out their lovely adverts including this one. :blush:

http://www.profitablegroup.com/group-mediaplayer.aspx?cid=5&media=1

Can't believe people are buying this, why would something remotely positive happen to this club?

Personally, i think we will be bought by some like Ken Bates or Freddy will return. Sad really because even those two are better than Ashley.

I'm not going to get carried away, it could all be bullshit, i want to see solid quotes from the people involved not quick sounds bites off some random jackie boarding a plane.

Unlikely to get any quotes from any interested parties early on as i think some sort of confidentiality document is signed.

The lessons learned from last year tell us not to get our hopes up too much with this news. TBH I'm resigned to a long drawn out process, that will put our plans for next season in jeapordy, hope I'm wrong.

Unlikely to get any quotes from any interested parties early on as i think some sort of confidentiality document is signed.

It just sounds to good to be true, I mean they pretty much say what we need to happen and mention a stadium expansion WTF .

If any potential buyer has even thought about the idea of a stadium expansion i will be flabbergasted. It does not make any sense that within two weeks of thought, anyone would be even thinking along these lines.

It's for this reason that i am dismissing this as speculation from the chronicle. They must be struggling for stories, i thought that yesterday with the "chronicle gets behind Shearer" bollocks.

Five Live say they've spoken to them and confirmed the interest.

I'm interested in buying NUFC, doesn't mean i have the dosh to do it.  Get 5 live to call me and I'll give them a blue print of what I want to do with the club.

The talk in the paper is way to convenient if you ask me. 

Question for financial types:

Presuming we can offload our ridiculously high earners from the wage bill, how much more money could Ashley theoretically lose than he has already?

I suppose a quick way of looking at it is that on a turnover (income) of £100 million the club is losing maybe £20 million a year in the Premiership. Lets say incoming revenue drops to £60 million in the Championship so Ashley needs to save £40 milion of costs to get back to where he was in the Prem and he needs to save about £60 million of costs to get to break even. You might be able to drop £30 million off the wage bill (if you are lucky) so he would still be well out of pocket.

Hmm, still quite a lot then. Cheers.

The club is a financial basket case imo and has been for a few years but, as it stands right now, it is onto a whole new level.

Just waiting for Ashley to offer a free pair of trainers and a Sports Direct t shirt to anyone who sticks a bid in before midnight tbh.

on the other hand £100mill for a club of this size  with no creditors and potential (ie get the wage bill down and return to the prem) should attract some business.

surely that it what business is about ?

You are absolutely right that £100 million, with the Ashley debt written off, is not a bad deal for someone who knows what they are doing, has deep pockets and can take a longish view. But I did use the words "as it stands" and, as it stands, the club can expect income of £60 million next year and that's being optimistic. Costs in cash terms run at about £110 million a year. So far the only things that will reduce the current annual costs are Viduka, Owen and Cacapa walking and some lower paid staff being made redundant - lets say thats savings of  £15 million. So, as it stands, the current cost base is about £95 million and no one, right now, is working on doing anything to reduce that further. Therefore, as it stands, the projected loss next year is about £35 million - and that will need funding with cash just to stand still. The more time that passes without someone getting to work on all this the more impossible it will be to do anything about it and the less attractive the prospect of buying the club becomes.

And I have seen no evidence from Ashley that he is writing the loan off btw. Caulkin in the Times says he was prepared to (and maybe he has an inside track), but the statement on the club website says it's £100 million to buy the club, and if you buy the club for £100 million you still owe Ashley his money for the loan. 

At the moment we don't seem to be doing anything to sell the neccesary players.  However you can bet the players agents are working hard to get deals sorted.  The likes of Martins, Coloccini, Jonas are certain to go no matter how much time the likes of Ashley wastes.  That saves us about £24m in wages and will bring in at least £20m in transfer fees.

Also did you really expect the statement on the site to mention the money he's owed?  At the end of the day nobody will buy the club for £200m, so he will have to right off that £100m.

Guest Heneage

Haven't they said they won't just farm money in they will build for the future?

Read it yourself! :lol:

I was quoting from Sky.

'Confirmed to the BBC' that is. Same stuff said regarding plans.

BBC have contacted these people or they are just rehashing the chron article.

Just seems to fantastic to be true.

You're down an out, no money, cant pay the mortgage cant afford to feed the kids

then out of the blue a guy says "heres a million quid, oh and i think you should build an extension on your house"