RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest MrSundlofer

Group Commercial Director,

Steve McMahon

11B Stanley Street Singapore 068730

Tel:6224 2810

Fax:6224 1812

Ask him!

I doubt we'll happy with any buyer who isn't hugely independently wealthy with the ability to spend significant amounts of their own money.

Could be wrong, but that's how it seems to me at the moment.

True those kinds of owners are very very nice BUT an owner that knows football is also a very very nice option, I suppose getting rid of the thick idiot bastard cunt we have now is the most important thing.

In a way I agree, but that's very similar to what we thought about Shepherd.

If this group gets rid of Ashley then they'll be seen as heroes, but what happens when the financial reality means that they have to scrimp, save and sell to buy like he did? (Not saying that will happen, but it might if they aren't mega-rich)

Steve McMahon

Ask him!

Gte me his email address and I will, email seems to be the way these things are done. :lol:

Steve McMahon

Ask him!

Gte me his email address and I will, email seems to be the way these things are done. :lol:

:lol: You know where it's at, no messing about.

Steve McMahon

Ask him!

:lol:

If I rang I would just get all soppy and start declaring my love

:D

Steve McMahon

Ask him!

I just can't be arsed working out the Singapore dialling-code business.  You need an email address, hence the reason we've seen some potential action today after the statement yesterday.  Who's idea was it to put the email ad on?  It was clearly it was a top move.

Guest Magpiecn

Steve McMahon

Ask him!

Steve McMahon

Ask him!

I just can't be arsed working out the Singapore dialling-code business.  You need an email address, hence the reason we've seen some potential action today after the statement yesterday.  Who's idea was it to put the email ad on?  It was clearly it was a top move.

do you really think todays action was because of the e-mail statement yesterday............

"mr mcmahon do you think newcastle united at one hundred million pounds is a good option"

"yes"

"ah bugger...can't find the e-mail address,just have to pass then"

I doubt we'll happy with any buyer who isn't hugely independently wealthy with the ability to spend significant amounts of their own money.

Tripe.

Guest icemanblue

Steve McMahon

Ask him!

do you really think todays action was because of the e-mail statement yesterday............

"mr mcmahon do you think newcastle united at one hundred million pounds is a good option"

"yes"

My money is on sarcasm.

Steve McMahon

Ask him!

"yes"

My money is on sarcasm.

darn.

sometimes i'm just toooo literal.

Steve McMahon

Ask him!

"yes"

My money is on sarcasm.

A wise bet

True those kinds of owners are very very nice BUT an owner that knows football is also a very very nice option, I suppose getting rid of the thick idiot bastard cunt we have now is the most important thing.

In a way I agree, but that's very similar to what we thought about Shepherd.

If this group gets rid of Ashley then they'll be seen as heroes, but what happens when the financial reality means that they have to scrimp, save and sell to buy like he did? (Not saying that will happen, but it might if they aren't mega-rich)

Although they were in the running when the club was up for sale last year, so I think that whilst they may not have lots of oil money like citeh and chelski, they would be able to provide a sizeable budget to get out of the championship and re-establish us back in the top flight

According to their website, they have strong links with ESPN, so ultimately they would probably be looking to cash in on the overseas market for TV rights, possibly even an NUFC channel. You never know it may even mean initially more of this seasons games appearing on foreign channels.

No doubt once we were back in the premier league we would be embarking on preseason tours of that area, as the Profitable Group attempt to raise our profile in the far east, using the passion the fans have for the club, and of course Alan Shearer to make us the team of choice in Singapore, selling more replica shirts, increasing potential revenues from sponsorship etc.

Our relegation has given them the opportunity to buy a very attractive proposition for less than half of what it was worth 12 months ago, knowing they wouldn't have to lay anything near the £160m defecit between the price then and now to put the club's worth back to where it was. If Shearer is given the resources and the choice to keep some players who want to help the club we should do ok.

The one thing we have on our side is potential. If any kind of success can be brought to this club, it would be like nothing experienced anywhere else. We also have hope. For the last 20 odd years of supporting the club,each season starts with mounds of sheer optimism that is slowly chipped away at over 9 months, only to do it all over again 3 months later.

The way I see it now, whoever takes over can't be any worse than the current shower of shit. Anyone prepared to lay millions of pounds on the line for a Championship Club has to be ambitious and see the potential, especially as they could buy a Premier League Club for similar amounts.

Steve McMahon

Ask him!

"yes"

My money is on sarcasm.

darn.

sometimes i'm just toooo literal.

:lol: Soz.

I think the fact that they have football people involved and people with experience of NUFC gives a bit more hope because they should surely have an understanding of what they would be buying into - unlike someone like Ashley with no experience of football at all.

Is this the same Steve McMahon who does the odd bit of studio work and those vile investment opportunity adverts on the dodgy Asian sport channel streams?

God I hate that fucker.

Steve McMahon OUT! :angry:

Yep the same one. I hate those ads also.

Guest firetotheworks

Wew! Just read the whole thing. Very promising, it's nice to have some hope again. It'll be a massive kick in the nuts if it doesn't happen though. I wont allow myself to get excited, too much as happened.

one of several investors interested, so not getting my hopes up. we wont be any clearer this time next week, maybe even the week after.

These guys have been floating around interested in football clubs for a while now, strange they havent taken a club over already.

Mcmahon denies interest in toon

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/aug/07/newcastleunited.premierleague