RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:fwap: Spotted this just before i left for work on the Chronicle online and nearly  :spit: with joy ,hope this comes off it is light years  away from the bunch of   :duff: s we have now with a proper vision of the future and i know its careful what you wish for but bring it on .

Presumably the broadsheets will have been doing a bit of digging today, hopefully there will be a bit more to read shortly when the online articles are published.

Presumably the broadsheets will have been doing a bit of digging today, hopefully there will be a bit more to read shortly when the online articles are published.

Is that usually around midnight ?

oldtype will be loving this, some of his much-lauded Korean players might well end up playing for us at last!

Where the f*** is he anyway? He hasn't been on for ages. Does he have one of those 'lives' or something?

Last Active:  Today at 01:27:28 PM

Last post: Yesterday at 12:41:34 PM

I'm still around, but graduating from college and being on a plane for 20 hours in the past week may have something to do with my relatively low activity.

That and the fact that even thinking about Newcastle induces projectile vomiting.

This news certainly makes me feel a bit better though :snod:

Is that usually around midnight ?

Not always that late. They start appearing any time soon.

Guest toonlass

I don't feel bad for Hall or any one else from the previous regim. They should have done much better and could have find a better buyer before they sell the club to the clown.

I don't feel bad for Hall, he sold at the best profitable time for him and made many millions by selling the club "he loved".

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/68149f2a-552a-11de-b5d4-00144feabdc0.html?nclick_check=1

First potential buyer eyes Newcastle Utd

By Roger Blitz, Leisure Industries Correspondent

Published: June 9 2009 20:47 | Last updated: June 9 2009 20:47

Newcastle United has received its first approach from a potential buyer, a day after the newly relegated club formally put itself on the market of £100m.

Profitable Group, a Singapore-based investment company, has contacted Seymour Pierce, the adviser appointed by Mike Ashley’s Newcastle’s owner, to conduct the sale, according to people close to the situation.

The group emerged as a possible buyer when takeover talk regarding the club surfaced last summer.

Its website said the group built its reputation on land acquisition and that its aim is to increase client wealth through strategic investment opportunities. Profitable Group could not be contacted.

Among its executives are Steve McMahon, a former Liverpool player who is their group commercial director, while Kenny Dalglish, formerly manager of Newcastle, Liverpool and Blackburn Rovers is listed as a UK operations adviser.

The prospective sale of the club comes as it faces up to a future of sharply reduced revenues following its relegation form the Premeir League last month.

Mr Ashley, the founder of Sports Direct, has begun the process of cutting costs by instructing First Artist Corporation, the sports and entertainment agency, to sell first-team players.

First Artist will report directly to Mr Ashley, raising uncertainty about the future of Alan Shearer, the former Newcastle player who was appointed interim manager in April to try to keep the club in the Premiership but who is keen to stay with the club.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/68149f2a-552a-11de-b5d4-00144feabdc0.html?nclick_check=1

Profitable Group, a Singapore-based investment company, has contacted Seymour Pierce, the adviser appointed by Mike Ashley’s Newcastle’s owner, to conduct the sale, according to people close to the situation.

I would normally assume that the FT would be a reliable source for any info that they publish. Whats their history like - are they capable of just replicating the stories being bandied about every where else ?

I would normally assume that the FT would be a reliable source for any info that they publish. Whats their history like - are they capable of just replicating the stories being bandied about every where else ?

Dunno, the rest of it just looks like rehash but the bit about them contacting Seymour Pierce caught my eye that's all. It was only published a couple of hours ago.

Here we go, 'denied' by the club:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/09/mike-ashley-newcastle-united-sale

Mike Ashley will accept the first bid which matches his £100m valuation of Newcastle United as the owner looks to make a rapid exit from the troubled Championship club.

Although there are "three or four parties showing serious interest" in a takeover, nobody has been willing to offer the money Ashley has demanded, with sources indicating they are attempting to get him to lower the asking price. However, Ashley, is determined to get the money he wants and is not interested in an auction.

The statement released by the board to confirm the asking price earlier this week was designed to reinforce that fact. Despite Ashley's desperation to cut his losses – he will have lost more than £134m in two years even if he does sell for £100m – Newcastle have reacted scornfully to claims from the Singapore-based Profitable Group they are involved in talks to buy the club.

Although an anonymous spokesman for Profitable insisted on Tuesday they intend to buy Newcastle, appoint Alan Shearer as manager, provide significant transfer funds and increase the capacity of St James' Park to 60,000, nobody at the club is taking their interest seriously.

Profitable, who use the former Liverpool midfielder Steve McMahon in an ambassadorial role, did have contact with Newcastle last summer regarding some business in the Far East. But Newcastle's managing director, Derek Llambias, is adamant they have not heard from them since and it is understood the club's board have written the group off as time wasters. When Ashley tried to sell last year, Newcastle experienced similar problems in trying to discover which parties were actually interested in doing a deal and those who were using the club to promote themselves.

On that occasion, consortiums from Nigeria and South Africa used the media to claim they were interested in buying the club before failing to make any sort of bid. There have also been persistent rumours on Tyneside that the former chairman Freddy Shepherd is part of another interested consortium, although this has still not been confirmed by anyone involved in the sale process. If Shepherd did return to the club in an official capacity he has already indicated he would immediately appoint Shearer manager.

Shearer is still waiting to discover whether Ashley will confirm his appointment as permanent manager before he sells the club, even though he privately feels the sports retailer is dragging his feet in the hope he can sell up before he has to make that sort of decision. The former Newcastle captain spoke to Llambias on Monday in a bid to find out precisely why there has been a delay in confirming his appointment, but was given little reason to believe a resolution to the saga is near.

Shearer has merely been told to be patient as talks are ongoing, with the banks in charge of restructuring the club's finances following its relegation from the Premier League. He was, however, reassured that Ashley did still want to make him the club's permanent manager, even though he is still waiting after more than a fortnight of negotiations and the club is in limbo with just three weeks until the players report back for pre-season training.

A source close to Shearer said: "Alan is going to wait, that is all he can do at the moment. He hasn't been told very much, just that these things take time and they are still talking to the banks. His biggest worry is that the club is managerless and nobody is planning for next season. The sooner this is resolved, the better for everyone."

If they went about selling the club in a more professional manner, they would not get the time wasters seeking publicity.  It should all have been discreetly like with other clubs.

Oh well, it was nice to dream for a day.

Like I said though, it's not like our current board/owners are known for being the most truthful people around. I'm basically not trusting anything or anyone until this is completed.

Mike Ashley will accept the first bid which matches his £100m valuation of Newcastle United as the owner looks to make a rapid exit from the troubled Championship club.

I know I said this already today, but for my money this is the most cunty thing Ashley has done.

Basically, it equates to "I don't care whether they can fund the club, I don't care what their motives are, I don't care where their money comes from, I just want 100m"

What an utter, utter cunt, just for that alone, leaving aside all the other stuff.

I wonder how he managed to become such a successful businessman, given that he shows not even the slightest hint of understanding how people think, and how to do things the right way.

So now, he's simulataneously pimping the club to anyone - ANYONE - with 100m to invest, whilst saying how keen he is to bail out, whilst trying to convince Shearer to become manager (although nobody knows who potential new owners will want) and whilst sticking most of the squad on the books of some shonky agency with the instruction "get rid, quick" - not a thought to what the manager will want to do.

I know I'm preaching to the converted here, but honest to god, I couldn't imagine a more inept, insensitive, short termist "leader" if I tried.

I know I said this already today, but for my money this is the most cunty thing Ashley has done.

Basically, it equates to "I don't care whether they can fund the club, I don't care what their motives are, I don't care where their money comes from, I just want 100m"

What an utter, utter cunt, just for that alone, leaving aside all the other stuff.

I wonder how he managed to become such a successful businessman, given that he shows not even the slightest hint of understanding how people thing, and how to do things the right way.

So now, he's simulataneously pimping the club to anyone - ANYONE - with 100m to invest, whilst saying how keen he is to bail out, whilst trying to convince Shearer to become manager (although nobody knows who potential new owners will want) and whilst sticking most of the squad on the books of some shonky agency with the instruction "get rid, quick" - not a thought to what the manager will want to do.

I know I'm preaching to the converted here, but honest to god, I couldn't imagine a more inept, insensitive, short termist "leader" if I tried.

Stop writing serious football talk and reply to my PM.

I am more convinced this is really good God forbid if nothing bad happen. It is good because we don't need some one like Abrhamovich but rather we need some one like this organization who can  transform the club  slowly but surely. We should aim for promotion nothing more or less right now...

I wonder how he managed to become such a successful businessman, given that he shows not even the slightest hint of understanding how people thing, and how to do things the right way.

:clap:

Pretty much sums the bloke up.

Guest firetotheworks

Don't they still have to prove they can buy and then support the club before the deal can be done?

Just that bit from the sounds of it. Like Brummie said, what an utter, utter cunt Ashley is. I dont get tired of typing that either.