RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could be all tied up before the weekend.

If Ashley gets what he wants for the club and they check out there's nothing hidden in the books then nothing to really stop it, also with no manager to have to get rid off it should be an easy takeover compared to some.

Now you're just being silly. :lol:

Could be all tied up before the weekend.

If Ashley gets what he wants for the club and they check out there's nothing hidden in the books then nothing to really stop it, also with no manager to have to get rid off it should be an easy takeover compared to some.

Now you're just being silly. :lol:

LOL

Well I thought i'd get those excitable types going a bit with that one

Where is supertoon anyway?

Guest Milburnthedog

To appoint Alan Shearer as boss and back the Geordie legend with transfer funds to help the Magpies fight their way out of the Premier League.

Accomplished already.

Hopefully this Singapore group, or any other interested party for that matter, should at least say to Ashley that all player sales need to put on hold for a fixed period of time - whether a couple of days or a couple of weeks - otherwise £100m turns very quickly into a much bigger outlay for the buyer. Better to buy the club for £100 and then reinvest any incoming transfer funds. should be an ultimatum  really - if you start selling players - we're not interested.

Give Shearer money, give fans more say, expand St James' Park to 60,000, it too good to be true, but if so, I'll go back to religion and Lick god's backside untill something f#cks it all up again.

I suspect they're trying to pick the club up on the cheap. They're feeding the supporters with all the things they'd like to hear - appointing Shearer, fans' representatives in positions of power, other Geordie figures, transfer funds etc -and then hoping that all that will produce public pressure on Ashley to accept their bid. Ashley has responded with it's £100m or nothing.

The Singapore strategy might well succeed, given the influence that fans have at our club, one way or another, but let's be careful what we wish for.

I suspect they're trying to pick the club up on the cheap. They're feeding the supporters with all the things they'd like to hear - appointing Shearer, fans' representatives in positions of power, other Geordie figures, transfer funds etc -and then hoping that all that will produce public pressure on Ashley to accept their bid. Ashley has responded with it's £100m or nothing.

The Singapore strategy might well succeed, given the influence that fans have at our club, one way or another, but let's be careful what we wish for.

True but I think anything is better than the current regime, literally anything...

They can do as they please as long as they appoint a manager, give them a few quid and stay here longer than 2-3 years, imo

I'm just sick of uncertainty, poor decisions and lack of common sense..

I hear they've also promised full stripes and red numbers on the back of the shirt, as well as removal of that shitty bit below the collar and free sex with every purchase.

:laugh:

A quote that's quite true- "the night is darkest before the dawn".

Ha, i received that via text about 5 minutes after we got relegated... Still fucking dark here

Seriously though, what's with the idea of turning the club into a trust like Barcelona? I know I've been agitating for that sort of thing to happen, so I can't explain why all of a sudden I feel suspicious of this part of the proposal...and I'm wondering what's really behind such a propossal, should it actually come to pass...

Really does sound too good to be true...

I doubt we'll happy with any buyer who isn't hugely independently wealthy with the ability to spend significant amounts of their own money.

Could be wrong, but that's how it seems to me at the moment.

True those kinds of owners are very very nice BUT an owner that knows football is also a very very nice option, I suppose getting rid of the thick idiot bastard cunt we have now is the most important thing.