RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest kirkpatrick9

C'mon Moat lad I don't want to be taken over by

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_l7W7DiXHaX8/SDkv-sdLitI/AAAAAAAABKQ/PnPpIL3ByDM/s320/pinky_brain.JPG

I don't want to be taken over by Moat if he can't add to the squad, we need sufficent funds to strengthen the squad end of.

Shepherd was not that rich and yet we were challenging for the Champions League, Albeit with him being a bit overzealous with the clubs cashflow.

The revenue this club makes could easily see us ok in the premiership under a proper chairman.

1) You make sure you do your homework on players before you buy.

2) Ensure you have a sensible wage structure.

3) Develop youth so you don't have to buy all the time.

I would rather have the Arsenal model than one of Chelsea's or Man City's, even though it would be nice to have loads of cash thrown at the club I wouldn't feel the same satisfaction as if it was done from the ground up.

If no club had benefactors, if there was no champions league money, then NUFC would be in the top 2 or 3 for finance.

What? :facepalm:

Look, just pointing out facts.

to be a fact it has to be true. you made an assertion which happens to be false.

I broughgt up facts  based on season ticket sales previous, crowd figures, shirt sales. I brought in the fact that the Champions league brings in millions and build a momentous advantage, I brought in a fact that Chelsea have an finacial advantage over clubs with bigger fan bases.

Now if the finance was based solely on fan base my premise would be true.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_l7W7DiXHaX8/SDkv-sdLitI/AAAAAAAABKQ/PnPpIL3ByDM/s320/pinky_brain.JPG

I don't want to be taken over by Moat if he can't add to the squad, we need sufficent funds to strengthen the squad end of.

Shepherd was not that rich and yet we were challenging for the Champions League, Albeit with him being a bit overzealous with the clubs cashflow.

The revenue this club makes could easily see us ok in the premiership under a proper chairman.

I would rather have the Arsenal model than one of Chelsea's or Man City's, even though it would be nice to have loads of cash thrown at the club I wouldn't feel the same satisfaction as if it was done from the ground up.

If no club had benefactors, if there was no champions league money, then NUFC would be in the top 2 or 3 for finance.

to be a fact it has to be true. you made an assertion which happens to be false.

I broughgt up facts  based on season ticket sales previous, crowd figures, shirt sales. I brought in the fact that the Champions league brings in millions and build a momentous advantage, I brought in a fact that Chelsea have an finacial advantage over clubs with bigger fan bases.

Fact, fact. fact.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/jan2009/5/0/BC0BF571-B52A-93A0-A67CB55E4C72BF5B.jpg

Fact, fact. fact.

would it bollocks, you leave out things like wages that we pay compared to the likes of bolton and wigan who even though we have higher turnover and the past euro money have far less debt than we do.

it all comes down to wages. it's possible that without benefactors and champs league we may be in the top 2 or 3 in turnover but as we have been a fantastic example of ,a high turnover doesn't mean a lot if we are spending more than you can afford.

edit....unless of course you are confusing "finance" with turnover like the papers do when clubs losing money hand over fist are in the rich list based purely on turnover.

Guest Lets Dance

George Caulkin of the Times has been just about the only journalist who has said it like it is during this Ashley reign. Forget Lee Ryder, George knows exactly how us fans have been affected and how we feel. If you are not familiar with Caulkin then please read:

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2009/08/why-is-alan-shearer-not-newcastle-manager-.html  :clap2:

Guest Roger Kint

Hasnt our resident ITK (Redheugh) already said its not really anything to do with Sheard, more to do with wealthy overseas investors he knows

Only about a thousand times, yeah.

Fact, fact. fact.

would it bollocks, you leave out things like wages that we pay compared to the likes of bolton and wigan who even though we have higher turnover and the past euro money have far less debt than we do.

it all comes down to wages. it's possible that without benefactors and champs league we may be in the top 2 or 3 in turnover but as we have been a fantastic example of ,a high turnover doesn't mean a lot if we are spending more than you can afford.

edit....unless of course you are confusing "finance" with turnover like the papers do when clubs losing money hand over fist are in the rich list based purely on turnover.

To be fair, he just said that, on a level playing field, we would be in the top 2 or 3 in terms of income; which is clearly the case.

What the idiots running the club do with that income is a separate matter.

George Caulkin of the Times has been just about the only journalist who has said it like it is during this Ashley reign. Forget Lee Ryder, George knows exactly how us fans have been affected and how we feel. If you are not familiar with Caulkin then please read:

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2009/08/why-is-alan-shearer-not-newcastle-manager-.html  :clap2:

Now that looks familiar. It's almost like someone else posted that article in this very same thread a few hours ago.

#14562:  http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,62360.msg1953662.html#msg1953662

Fact, fact. fact.

To be fair, he just said that, on a level playing field, we would be in the top 2 or 3 in terms of income; which is clearly the case.

how can it be clearly the case when the game is built on the fact that there isn't a level playing field ?

hey if i was given the some training and diet etc from the age of 6 i could be a world class sprinter.......but i'm not and thats the position i have to deal with.

Fact, fact. fact.

That is completely correct, for a very long time we have been one of the richest clubs in this country (it was the "big five" for finance, not the big four) and one of the richest clubs on the planet.

It is how we have 'spent' our riches, that has been the problem.

You CANNOT (in the real world) argue with that basic fact.

We have earned amongst the highest incomes in the world year after year after year  -  and squandered it.

how can it be clearly the case when the game is built on the fact that there isn't a level playing field ?

hey if i was given the some training and diet etc from the age of 6 i could be a world class sprinter.......but i'm not and thats the position i have to deal with.

He didn't say it was a level playing field, he was just making a point on the amount of money this club brings in by default (without Champions League or outside help) in comparison to other clubs.  If the clubs run well we could compete with anyone without outside benefactors.

We're in the Championship and Moat has been told to sell 3 more players by Barclays if he wants to keep the overdraft and buy the club......   He can't afford it

Gerami, Smith, Butt

Easy

Do you honestly not think that if we could have sold those player we would have by now   :sadnod:

Who's to say they aren't on the list? 

Get rid of your decent players first then try shift the s**** on the last few days of the window when people panic buy!

I bet the likes of Hull would jump at the chance to sign any 1 of those 3.

These players  are on high wages and no other sane club would offer anywhere near what they are on, hence no sale!

The likes of Geremi and Butt are likely to accept pay cuts if it means getting a 2 or 3 year deal.  They only have one year left here and may fear that a year from now nobody will want them.  £35,000 a week over two years is more then £50,000 a week over one year after all.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

He didn't say it was a level playing field, he was just making a point on the amount of money this club brings in by default (without Champions League or outside help) in comparison to other clubs.  If the clubs run well we could compete with anyone without outside benefactors.

Look it's an absolutley pointless  remark based on if's and but's....  To say that IF there was no Champions league and no revenue from the Champions league that we would be one of the wealthiest clubs in the country :dowie:

IF we had an Arab owner we'd have even more money!!

What a crap statment :facepalm:

Schoolboy error.

It was built up to that point by the last lot of idiots squandering money on trophy players and running the club as disastrously as they did to build up the fanbase and get them spending their cash on tickets, merchandise, TV packages, etc.

Frightening that some (most?) still don't appreciate this fundamental point and take it for granted NUFC is an automatic money generating machine.

isn't that saying if it was a level playing field ?

edit...also the ammount of money the club has to pay to generate that fan base etc has seen us pay out more and more as a percentage of turnover as wages.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Just getting back to what this thread is about, I was talking to a friend tonight who is in property sales and he told me that if he has a client who is selling an expensive pad i.e. £1m + then the buyer must deposit a refundable reservation fee in to the account of a lawyer. I'm guessing that's similar to what's happend here....?

Chronicle..

and it is understood that Sheard responded to a request by Seymour Pierce to deposit the required amount into a lawyer’s client account.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Breaking news on a takeover!  next week I get married and we have got over 100 geordies flying over to takeover the small town where I live here... :celb:

Look it's an absolutley pointless  remark based on if's and but's....   To say that IF there was no Champions league and no revenue from the Champions league that we would be one of the wealthiest clubs in the country :dowie:

All he seems to have been trying to say is that the club generates loads of money in comparison to almost any other club in the same kind of situation (whether that's Championship, Premiership or Champions League).  His comment may have been put a little bit oddly but his point isn't too far from the truth IMO.

Schoolboy error.

It was built up to that point by the last lot of idiots squandering money on trophy players and running the club as disastrously as they did to build up the fanbase and get them spending their cash on tickets, merchandise, TV packages, etc.

Frightening that some (most?) still don't appreciate this fundamental point and take it for granted NUFC is an automatic money generating machine.

You've misunderstood me there, when I said 'by default' I just meant without anything extra being added such as Europe or a rich benefactor.

Also while Shepherd achieved his goals by squandering money and running the club disastrously I'm sure the same goals are achievable by spending well and running the club well.

isn't that saying if it was a level playing field ?

edit...also the ammount of money the club has to pay to generate that fan base etc has seen us pay out more and more as a percentage of turnover as wages.

No I wouldn't say being run well automatically puts a club on a level playing field with any other.

You're second point assumes we actually needed to have such a ludicrous wage will in order for fans to turn up, I don't believe that.  To keep some of the fans interested the club certainly had to show ambition, but that doesn't mean we had to put bad players on long exorbitant contracts.

Anyway I'm going to stop talking about this now, its way off topic :)

Schoolboy error.

Top post.

Schoolboy error.

I have put it simply but it could do with re-saying it seems.

Factually and indisputably, for a very long time we have been one of the richest clubs in this country (it was the "big five" for finance, not the big four) and one of the richest clubs on the planet. We were one of the richest clubs in the world WITH European money, AND also WITHOUT it.

It is how we have 'spent' our riches, that has been the problem.  We have earned amongst the highest incomes in the world year after year after year (after year)  -  and squandered it.

There will be no announcement today, other than talks are on going with Moat and a North-West based consortium who will be performing DD this week after giving the relevant financial information over the last weekend

From the media reports I have to say that I'd ordinarily be very sceptical about this latest development.  Sheard has a chequered past and there seems to be too much publicity, no proof of funds and too little time.

Redheugh clearly has the inside track though and is hinting that proof of funds has been given, the money is in an account, there are wealthy backers and some other more cryptic stuff.  Consequently (and I know I'll regret this) I'm getting my hopes up again. :crazy2: