RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fucking laughable!  The more this drags on the more I think Ashley had a major grudge against the club from the outset.

This twat needs a good fucking kicking

Calm down. :lol:

It's annoying though how they keep us in the dark all this time but as soon as someone makes a positive claim for a change they're straight out denying it.

Don't get why the Profitable Group would say they've had a meeting if they haven't. Then again, why would the club say they hadn't if they had!

???

Wake me up when we've been sold... can't be bothered with this anymore.

To be fair there were mixed messages on that yesterday. The Chronicle's source stated they'd spoken to Ashley/Llambias, but the BBC report on Five Live said though definitely interested they'd not contacted the club yet.

They may well be genuinely interested, but just haven't hit 'send' yet...

Don't get why the Profitable Group would say they've had a meeting if they haven't. Then again, why would the club say they hadn't if they had!

???

How about huge worldwide publicity for your company that costs you nothing.

???

To be fair there were mixed messages on that yesterday. The Chronicle's source stated they'd spoken to Ashley/Llambias, but the BBC report on Five Live said though definitely interested they'd not contacted the club yet.

They may well be genuinely interested, but just haven't hit 'send' yet...

Ah right, fair enough then, I'm still going to stop following this story for a week or so. Getting serious hope and let-down fatigue now.

Guest Singapore Mag

Exactly right. Profitable Group dont have the finances that people think..  this is publicity hunting, and look how effective its been.

Exactly right. Profitable Group dont have the finances that people think..  this is publicity hunting, and look how effective its been.

I blame Lee Ryder. ;)

Fucking laughable!  The more this drags on the more I think Ashley had a major grudge against the club from the outset.

This twat needs a good fucking kicking

It's annoying though how they keep us in the dark all this time but as soon as someone makes a positive claim for a change they're straight out denying it.

I'm Calm I'm Calm alright  :harry:

Think I just can't stand how long they take over anything which is causing us precious preparation time.

This will drag on into August i'll bet

What making them look like a bunch of pricks? lol

Guest MrSundlofer

Quotes from Llambias:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/06/10/troubled-united-may-lose-sebastien-bassong-61634-23831344/

Llambias played down talk of contact between the group and the club. While confirming three or four consortia are engaged in discussions to take over on Tyneside, Llambias said Profitable were not one of them.

We know who this Profitable group are because we had some dealings with them last summer regarding some business in the Far East, he said.

But we have had absolutely no contact with them since then.

There hasn't been a bid and there hasn't been an enquiry. They have claimed they have met Mike and myself to discuss things and they haven't. It's total rubbish.

There are three or four interested parties who we are talking to but these aren't one of them.

Why play down the talk? Llambias almost never says anything to the fans and the press, but this time when this Profitable Group show interest to buy the club and make up a very interesting plan how to take the club forward... he says it's just bullshit! He don't want us to feel excited and happy. I think he hates us.

Quotes from Llambias:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/06/10/troubled-united-may-lose-sebastien-bassong-61634-23831344/

Llambias played down talk of contact between the group and the club. While confirming three or four consortia are engaged in discussions to take over on Tyneside, Llambias said Profitable were not one of them.

We know who this Profitable group are because we had some dealings with them last summer regarding some business in the Far East, he said.

There hasn't been a bid and there hasn't been an enquiry. They have claimed they have met Mike and myself to discuss things and they haven't. It's total rubbish.

There are three or four interested parties who we are talking to but these aren't one of them.

Why play down the talk? Llambias almost never says anything to the fans and the press, but this time when this Profitable Group show interest to buy the club and make up a very interesting plan how to take the club forward... he says it's just bullshit! He don't want us to feel excited and happy. I think he hates us.

I think its more the fact that there has been no contact and this group are getting free media attention.  Its only right they come and and say there not a serious contender.

The BBC have changed their article somewhat to reflect what I heard on Five Live on the way home yesterday:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8091814.stm

BBC Sport's Gordon Farquhar revealed he had spoken to a representative of the group who said he had been a fan of the club for 40 years and insisted they did mean business.

"He says they're absolutely serious and hope to have more news in the next couple of days, although they haven't spoken to Mike Ashley yet," added Farquhar.

"The group website names Kenny Dalglish as their UK operations adviser and former Liverpool midfielder Steve McMahon is a director.

"Their concept for the club involves hugely increasing supporter involvement through a trust system on the lines of that in place at Barcelona.

"Alan Shearer is their number one choice as manager, they would look to increase capacity of St James' Park and put a footballing man in the boardroom."

So he's been taken in as well if it is indeed a load of shit.

Quotes from Llambias:

I think its more the fact that there has been no contact and this group are getting free media attention.  Its only right they come and and say there not a serious contender.

I'd be interested to hear how the club know they're not a serious contender if they've not even spoken to them. :lol:

Bah fuck it anyway, it's going to be like this for weeks isn't it.

The BBC have changed their article somewhat to reflect what I heard on Five Live on the way home yesterday:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8091814.stm

BBC Sport's Gordon Farquhar revealed he had spoken to a representative of the group who said he had been a fan of the club for 40 years and insisted they did mean business.

"He says they're absolutely serious and hope to have more news in the next couple of days, although they haven't spoken to Mike Ashley yet," added Farquhar.

"The group website names Kenny Dalglish as their UK operations adviser and former Liverpool midfielder Steve McMahon is a director.

"Their concept for the club involves hugely increasing supporter involvement through a trust system on the lines of that in place at Barcelona.

"Alan Shearer is their number one choice as manager, they would look to increase capacity of St James' Park and put a footballing man in the boardroom."

So he's been taken in as well if it is indeed a load of s***.

Again, I could have a company, spout loads of bollocks and be a media whore for a while.

On another note, why would they allow the club to be a supports trust like barcelona??

Why is it in their interests to do that?

It just sounds like a load of bumph which fits what supporters want to hear.

I hope I'm proven wrong, they buy the club and do what they say but its all just fancialful words at the moment.

Guest toonlass

PS While we are aware that you are looking for GBP100m for your club,

we were wondering if perhaps you'd be willing to consider selling it

for a knockdown price, as there are certain parts of it that we don't

actually want: the entire playing staff, those fat blokes whose job

it is to convene outside it and cheer raucously every time a new

consignment of stationery is delivered to the club office, Shearer's

bar, Shearer's tattoo parlour, Shearer's replica shirt shop, Shearer

Stottie cake shop and Shearer.

:mackems:

Quotes from Llambias:

I'd be interested to hear how the club know they're not a serious contender if they've not even spoken to them. :lol:

Bah fuck it anyway, it's going to be like this for weeks isn't it.

nailed

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/06/10/nufc-not-in-talks-with-the-profitable-group-61634-23833938/

The speculation regarding who will and will not be the next owners of Newcastle United is bound to persist until the matter is resolved, but a source involved in the process of finding new owners warned that most potential purchasers would prefer not to reveal their hands until the last minute.

It said: “Anyone who starts shouting from the rooftops about their intentions should set the alarm bells ringing. Talks with three groups who want to remain anonymous for now are ongoing.

“They don’t want to be known just yet. That is how we are trying to do business. That is the proper way to do it, not by talking through the media.”

Er, Joe Kinnear, Mike Ashley take note.

f***ing laughable!  The more this drags on the more I think Ashley had a major grudge against the club from the outset.

This t*** needs a good f***ing kicking

I was just thinking that myself.

Llambias must have done more 'communicating' in that statement, than he did all during last season.

Couldn't we go for a more positive title change and say that were talkin to 3 or 4 possible buyers?

What is  positive about it?

Knowing our luck: 1 will be Fred Shep, the other 2 will be people who were part of Ashley sells up Part I saga i.e the Nigerian crowd & the Jock fella with the South African backing.

Meanwhile it looks like another summer of hitting the refresh button on newsnow with crossed fingers.

Right now I'd take Bin Laden if I thought it would bring stability and enough cash to build a decent, young, hungry squad!