RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Since when has Moat not had the money to buy the club, I was under the impresion that he was struggling to assure Barclays about the overfraft ?

Anyway that's all beside the point. I would much rather spend the rest of my living life in the second div/coca cola league that have that arse Ashley and Co running and owning us.

For god's sake the guy is a grade a pratt, Has lied to us the fans, the press (no big deal) and attempted to undermine a manager dragged the club through the courts, appointed JKF as manager, gave his mate the chairmans job, possibly the worst chairman ever in the history of his club, let the club slip down a league, He will not invest in the club on the playing side and i'm sure he will continue to drive cost down how ever he can.

Just my 2p worth

>:D

Now I am not for one minute suggesting the old board were anywhere near as bad as Ashley (they clearly weren't) but I seem to remember lists of reasons why "fat fred had to go" and obviously this billionaire fella was going to have us back challenging for Europe.

I don't know all the ins and outs but the one constant I have read is Mort trying to get enough investment to take the club over which is what causes my worry. What if he does take over and we don't get promoted, will he be able to afford us running at a loss for another season, will he be able to keep the players and reinvest to push for promotion again next season?

He might well be able to do all these things, these are just my concerns.

I want Ashley and his mob out as soon as is possible, but only if its going to be an improvement.

For all fat freds faults and there was plenty of them, he tried a lot harder to achieve something with the club than ashley ever will (alot of the current money problems are his fault).

We can only hope that Mort and his backers do have a sound plan to run the club, rather than ashleys jobs for the boys method.

Like has been stated already if we get taken over before January and a small investment is made by Mort's lot then the money we make from the prem status will help us progress and stablise.

If we get promoted under ashley can you see any investment coming from him, or will he use the money to remove the debts and hope for prem survival ?

Anyway this is all based on a huge assumption that mort will be the new owner.

I have no faith in Ashley doing anything to take this club forward, I am just worried about someone else taking over who doesn't have the resources to take us forward (and maybe even slip further back) if we don't make it up this season.

This is all assumptions based on what I have read in the papers but then a forum would be a bit quiet without the occasional discussion from an assumption.

My fear is Mort as a fan is thinking with his heart instead of his head and gambling on us going up first time without a real "plan" on what to do if we don't.

Cannot disagree with any of that, but at this point in time i personally (not that we as fans get much say) would risk Moat ( O0) over a future thats as bleak as i can remeber in my years as a fan.

Not too sure many would turn Shearer down as manager and he's a fan, and can we afford to snub Moat because he's a fan ?

Don't think anyone's saying being a fan should preclude him from buying the club, what people are saying is that they are worried about whether or not he's got the financial (or otherwise) ability to run the club after having bought it. Just look at Portsmouth for what can happen if someone can afford to buy a club, but not run it afterwards. Do we want that to happen? Obviously not, and I'm not saying that's what would happen if Moat takes over, but it is a legitimate concern for people to have about him.

Since when has Moat not had the money to buy the club, I was under the impresion that he was struggling to assure Barclays about the overfraft ?

Anyway that's all beside the point. I would much rather spend the rest of my living life in the second div/coca cola league that have that arse Ashley and Co running and owning us.

For god's sake the guy is a grade a pratt, Has lied to us the fans, the press (no big deal) and attempted to undermine a manager dragged the club through the courts, appointed JKF as manager, gave his mate the chairmans job, possibly the worst chairman ever in the history of his club, let the club slip down a league, He will not invest in the club on the playing side and  i'm sure he will continue to drive cost down how ever he can.

Just my 2p worth

Now I am not for one minute suggesting the old board were anywhere near as bad as Ashley (they clearly weren't) but I seem to remember lists of reasons why "fat fred had to go" and obviously this billionaire fella was going to have us back challenging for Europe.

I don't know all the ins and outs but the one constant I have read is Mort trying to get enough investment to take the club over which is what causes my worry. What if he does take over and we don't get promoted, will he be able to afford us running at a loss for another season, will he be able to keep the players and reinvest to push for promotion again next season?

I want Ashley and his mob out as soon as is possible, but only if its going to be an improvement.

For all fat freds faults and there was plenty of them, he tried a lot harder to achieve something with the club than ashley ever will (alot of the current money problems are his fault).

We can only hope that Mort and his backers do have a sound plan to run the club, rather than ashleys jobs for the boys method.

Like has been stated already if we get taken over before January and a small investment is made by Mort's lot then the money we make from the prem  status will help us progress and stablise.

If we get promoted under ashley can you see any investment coming from him, or will he use the money to remove the debts and hope for prem survival ?

I have no faith in Ashley doing anything to take this club forward, I am just worried about someone else taking over who doesn't have the resources to take us forward (and maybe even slip further back) if we don't make it up this season.

This is all assumptions based on what I have read in the papers but then a forum would be a bit quiet without the occasional discussion from an assumption.

My fear is Mort as a fan is thinking with his heart instead of his head and gambling on us going up first time without a real "plan" on what to do if we don't.

Cannot disagree with any of that, but at this point in time i personally (not that we as fans get much say) would risk Moat ( O0) over a future thats as bleak as i can remeber in my years as a fan.

Not too sure many would turn Shearer down as manager and he's a fan, and can we afford to snub Moat because he's a fan ?

Don't think anyone's saying being a fan should preclude him from buying the club, what people are saying is that they are worried about whether or not he's got the financial (or otherwise) ability to run the club after having bought it. Just look at Portsmouth for what can happen if someone can afford to buy a club, but not run it afterwards. Do we want that to happen? Obviously not, and I'm not saying that's what would happen if Moat takes over, but it is a legitimate concern for people to have about him.

Major difference between us an Pompey is income

Dear god that thought of doing a portsmouth sends shudders down my spine, but remeber that it's Barclays and not Ashley thats keeping this club going via the overdraft. If Barclays pulled the plug then we are shafted tbh cause i cannot see ashley put anymore cahs in.

There's a few things that stand out for me currently

1) 3 month loan deals, why not longer.

2) Shepards silence.

3) Americans with Moat hiding in the background why ?

Dear god that thought of doing a portsmouth sends shudders down my spine, but remeber that it's Barclays and not Ashley thats keeping this club going via the overdraft. If Barclays pulled the plug then we are shafted tbh cause i cannot see ashley put anymore cahs in.

2) Shepards silence.

Because that's the maximum length of time for a loan made outside the transfer window?

2) Shepards silence.

Ahhhh,  that clears that one up

Because that's the maximum length of time for a loan made outside the transfer window?

For god's sake the guy is a grade a pratt, Has lied to us the fans, the press (no big deal) and attempted to undermine a manager dragged the club through the courts, appointed JKF as manager, gave his mate the chairmans job, possibly the worst chairman ever in the history of his club, let the club slip down a league, He will not invest in the club on the playing side and  i'm sure he will continue to drive cost down how ever he can.

Just my 2p worth

Like has been stated already if we get taken over before January and a small investment is made by Mort's lot then the money we make from the prem  status will help us progress and stablise.

I'm guessing the point you're trying to make is that we usually have a higher income than Pompey and therefore everything's going to be just fine, well none of us have the slightest idea if it is or not. So simply saying that we have a higher income than them is neither here nor there really. It's much more complicated than that.

Wise rekons he going to hang on to the club until we get promoted. Hope fucking not. Fuck off wise , i hate you even more.

Is he going to gamble again, invest nothing, and hope that the sqaud we have will achieve what he wants?

What happens if we dont get promoted this season, or the next. Is he going to want to hang around for another 2-3 years.

I will choose to believe nothing from the little shit and assume he is on the wind up.

Just my 2p worth

I'm guessing the point you're trying to make is that we usually have a higher income than Pompey and therefore everything's going to be just fine, well none of us have the slightest idea if it is or not. So simply saying that we have a higher income than them is neither here nor there really. It's much more complicated than that.

If he took over and we failed to get promoted then and only them would it be of any concern.  There's little comparison between us and Portsmouth (as Premiership sides) financially and even Portsmouth have only been left in the position they are because of extremely poor management at all levels.  I'll say it again, if you're going to be worried about anything with Moat then be worried about his total lack of experience in running a Football club, not how much money he has which is of little concern as long as he runs the club well.

Wise rekons he going to hang on to the club until we get promoted. Hope fucking not. Fuck off wise , i hate you even more.

Is he going to gamble again, invest nothing, and hope that the sqaud we have will achieve what he wants?

What happens if we dont get promoted this season, or the next. Is he going to want to hang around for another 2-3 years.

I will choose to believe nothing from the little shit and assume he is on the wind up.

He did invest, he invested in covering the costs of our past transfers and the clubs bloated wage bill.  Unfortunately he wasn't prepared to invest more on current ones.

Guest toonlass

I could see Ashley being a total cunt and holding on to us to see if we are promoted and therefore getting more money from the sale.

Just my 2p worth

If he took over and we failed to get promoted then and only them would it be of any concern.  There's little comparison between us and Portsmouth (as Premiership sides) financially and even Portsmouth have only been left in the position they are because of extremely poor management at all levels.  I'll say it again, if you're going to be worried about anything with Moat then be worried about his total lack of experience in running a Football club, not how much money he has which is of little concern as long as he runs the club well.

Possible reason for Fat Fred's silence, and the invisible Americans