When will we get some positive news?

afar
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Outside of the 7 wins or so, and  Shearer being appointed manager, I’m struggling to recall another event in which we’ve had some positive news about the club, since we came away from Manure with a point at the start of last season.

It’s been negative headline, after negative, it’s been genuinely depressing being a toon fan. So the question I’m asking here, is when are we going to get some bloody good news, about anything ?

Not really a very serious post but I'm so fucking frustrated by this football club atm.

Guest Roger Kint

Anyone know a good priest that would be willing to exorsise St James?

Can he do Barton too?

Anyone know a good priest that would be willing to exorsise St James?

Can he do Barton too?

No he's too old now, may have done when he was at school, that would account for the anger issues.

it just keeps gettin worst if this is tru :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/06/13/1323234/mike-ashley-lines-up-chris-hughton-to-save-newcastle-united

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Good news for a Sunderland fan I suppose............. if it were true.  Are goal.com really suggesting that Ashley wants to install Shearer as manager, but if he can't, his fallback option is Clipboard Chris??  Don't believe it.

Guest Milburnthedog

Nothing positive will happen until the club is sold. No appointments, signings but there may be a few sales as Ashley 'cashes in' on the opportunities to make a few quid in the meantime. This will diminish the sale price though as assets go.

The main hope is for a quick sale, the dream is for the sale to be made to someone who wants us to become the best and invest cash in to the club for players. The long term dream is that the club is run and managed professionally from top to bottom and succession planning is done and the youth set-up begins to pay dividends.

Unfortunately, unless the quick sale is done we may have a couple of years in the Championship with transfer windows not playing to our advantage.