The England Thread

Pilko

SSN: Lescott and Robinson pull out, replaced by Gary Cahill and Joe Hart.

Good news on both counts.

what a load of bollocks

Why?

I don't think for one second that Hart and Cahill are better than Robinson and Lescott

SSN: Lescott and Robinson pull out, replaced by Gary Cahill and Joe Hart.

Good news on both counts.

what a load of bollocks

Why?

I don't think for one second that Hart and Cahill are better than Robinson and Lescott

I don't rate Lescott all that much. When Jagielka returns to full fitness, he should replace him in the squad. He's had a dodgy start to the season too, whereas Cahill has excelled.

Robinson is an okay 'keeper, but Hart is starting to knock on the door and I'm happy for him to be in squad.

Neither are likely to play anyway so it isn't really a big deal.

Still don't like the thought of Heskey starting, any defender remotely intelligent will nullify him with ease. Never liked Crouch but I've warmed to him in recent weeks, he'd be a much better option.

Crouch is a better player but I don't think he could do the job that Heskey does for England as well. He's not physically strong enough to hold the ball up in the way Emile does. Another very good option to have from the bench mind, he's a handy player.

Owen might not be making the England team but Capello has gave him a free ticket to the game next week  ;D

"Coach Fabio Capello has invited striker Michael Owen - and every other player selected by him during his time in charge of England - to Wembley for the World Cup qualifier against Belarus next Wednesday."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/09/michael-owen-england-fabio-capello