The England Thread

Pilko

It's all come full circle. Harry is now tapping up himself.

:lol:

I can't deny i'm a good manager, and if I were to become available I would definately be interested in me. But i'm managing another club so it would be desrespectful of me to talk about me in relation to another job. I can tell you though that from what i've heard my release clause is significantly lower than that being talked about in the press.

It's all come full circle. Harry is now tapping up himself.

:lol:

I can't deny i'm a good manager, and if I were to become available I would definately be interested in me. But i'm managing another club so it would be desrespectful of me to talk about me in relation to another job. I can tell you though that from what i've heard my release clause is significantly lower than that being talked about in the press.

:lol: :thup:

Guest hatem garrincha

Rooney

Johnson          Sturridge

Wilshere Gerrard

Parker

Cole Jones Lescott Richards

Hart

Is what i tihnk England should go for.

Vs France  :lol: :

Lloris

Sagna    Rami  Mexes  Abidal

M'Vila  Cabaye

Ben Arfa    Nasri    Ribery

Benzema

Or

Lloris

M'Vila    Cabaye

Ben Arfa                Ribery

Benzema

Giroud

Guest Chubby Jason

Rooney

Wilshere Gerrard

Parker

Hart

Lloris

M'Vila  Cabaye

Benzema

Or

Lloris

M'Vila    Cabaye

Benzema

Giroud

Neither of those teams you've names there are a huge amount better than the England side.

Guest hatem garrincha

Rooney

Wilshere Gerrard

Parker

Hart

Lloris

M'Vila  Cabaye

Benzema

Or

Lloris

M'Vila    Cabaye

Benzema

Giroud

Neither of those teams you've names there are a huge amount better than the England side.

I wasn't making a comparison between the two teams.

There's just a game between the two nations in june and that was what I wish to see for France.

EDIT : I could even say there're no many people in France really optimistic for the Euro

Guest hatem garrincha

I think the  :lol: gave people the impression that you think the French team is far superior.

Really ? Some people maybe.

In fact, the  :lol: was a ;)

Guest neesy111

Ben Arfa can't get a game for us FFS. :lol:

That France team is nowt to fear in any case.

The England team is nowt to fear against.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
JAMIE REDKNAPP – not Harry – is likely to decide who the next England manager will be.

The Spurs boss (left), odds-on favourite to succeed Fabio Capello, last night insisted the FA still haven’t spoken to him about the job – but revealed his son Jamie will probably have the last word if they do. He said: “I speak to Jamie more than anybody. I’d speak to him about it for sure – he’s one I’d stand on more than anyone.”

Jamie, who is now a successful television pundit with Sky TV, is very close to his father and was constantly by his side during his recent tax case trial. Redknapp Snr (left) has other things on his mind today though – trying to avoid becoming an FA Cup giant-killing victim at Stevenage.

He said: “I’d love to win the FA Cup and, until somebody says ‘do you want the England job’, I’ve just got to keep Spurs playing well.

“They (the FA) may be thinking on completely different lines to what lots of other people are thinking. They may want somebody else,” he said.

Hart

Richards  Lescott      Cahill    Baines

Jones

Wilshere    Gerrard

Sturridge                    Oxlaide Chaimberlin

Rooney

imo (terribly unsure over backline but not convinced by Jones as a CB at all, but think ok as an anchorman. Gerrard I'd rather not but it's him or cleverly who has the opposite problem.

Whoever takes the England job is on to a hiding Imo. The squad just simply isn't good enough to win an international tournament.

Agree, but if we got someone in who had the balls to fight city hall. To shake things up, bowlingcrofty. Stir up some controversy, rattle a few cages. Drop the fat old racist cunts and bring in some youth. It would certainly revitalize my interest in the national team.

Whoever takes the England job is on to a hiding Imo. The squad just simply isn't good enough to win an international tournament.

Spot on sadly. I'd much rather a good manager took the reins, kicked out all the overpaid premier league underachievers, and pick essentially a U21 side, then essentially keep that steady as the squad largely so they can actually build some squad unity and ethos, and say essentially they won't win anything for a while but maybe in 5 years time they'll be a very solid good unit.

It is astonishing imo how quickly repeated shite performances are forgotten by the media who go quickly back to demanding certain players are played despite how crap they are every time. Rooney I think probably should be cut, he's been shit for england for a while, but who else? Danny Graham sounds quite attractive to me atm. Guthrie should be on the cards but will never get enough game time to get called up.

Think we'll be fine getting out of the group stage. The knockout stages, however, is when it might go very wrong (a la WC2010).

Remember the days when the German team was in a mess like that - 2 years before the World Cup in the own country.

They took the risk and gave it to Klinsmann, who brought in a certan Jogi Löw as his assistant. Today, many people say Löw was the genius behind all, with Klinsmann just the one to get through his own ideas and to get it done his way.

He (Klinsmann) certainly had bulit the foundation of what we see today - a well playing, young and successfull German team.

Without Klinsmann, someone else would have come in as head coach and would have continued without making many changes.

Players like Ballack and Frings would still be the leaders of the team today.

Wonder if something like that would be possible in England, too? We all know how poor Shearer was as a manger for us but, with the right assistant manager, he could probably do some of the same....

After seeing him with the England kit, I wonder what the chances are of Joey getting a second cap. The next squad is apparently going to be 'experimental'. What's his and Pearce's relationship like from his City days? Obviously if he was called up, it would be undeserved, especially when you consider his performances compared to last season, but I reckon he might have an outside chance.

Remember the days when the German team was in a mess like that - 2 years before the World Cup in the own country.

They took the risk and gave it to Klinsmann, who brought in a certan Jogi Löw as his assistant. Today, many people say Löw was the genius behind all, with Klinsmann just the one to get through his own ideas and to get it done his way.

He (Klinsmann) certainly had bulit the foundation of what we see today - a well playing, young and successfull German team.

Without Klinsmann, someone else would have come in as head coach and would have continued without making many changes.

Wonder if something like that would be possible in England, too? We all know how poor Shearer was as a manger for us but, with the right assistant manager, he could probably do some of the same....

shearer was pretty much hated around the country though, someone being the figurehead for a change like that in england would need to be a hugely popular figure imo

I dont think its quite as simple as that because i think after the 1-5 loss against england they changed the whole youth training in germany so it wasnt solely a new manager and picking a younger team :) they had to make the younger guys "better" first :)

The current pool of players England has available is more than good enough to challenge anyone in the world and possibly even win a tournament with some dumb luck.