The England Thread

Pilko

Jesus, that squad is just poor. whatever happened to the 'Golden Generation'? (Copywright every shit tabloid circa 2010)

Been and gone and went. Wasted. Hopefully we can live without that sickeningly over-hyped tag from now on and the media won't pretend that we're capable of blitzing everyone in our path because Gerrard managed to dance round two Macedonian postmen and Owen slotted it past their resident insurance salesman.

Btw Neil, don't know if you've seen my post in the NWOAT but I'll post it in here anyway:

Sky Sports ‏ @SkySports

Everton have confirmed that Phil Neville will be part of the England Under-21s coaching staff next week. see.sc/byhbmp

Should go well.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I didn't see it, but John Peacock was up here last month doing a coaching session for the public and it was apparently amazing. Still, no idea what Phil Neville's credentials are.

Even though we give Carroll a justified amount of stick, i would still have him in the squad. On his day, he is unplayable and brings something else. He is perfect for international football.

Same really.

It's a decent squad for me, it's mainly the midfield that's a bit disappointing. Downing, Milner and Walcott would be nowhere near my team.

I think Frazier Campbell is potentially very very good, so much depends on keeping his fitness for the next couple of years though.

Don't be silly.

I'm hoping for a repeat of Denmark 92. A team with low expectations and little pressure coming good as the tournament progresses. Happy Harry keeping everyone in a relaxed frame of mind.

It can't be worse than the usual lead-up to these tournaments.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Current England squad reminds me a lot of the German squad ~2000. Its old. Its stale. Country is half fed up with it. Any of the younger players who should get a go have never really been allowed due to the older players always getting a look in regardless of form/ability.

looking fully at the squad can someone tell me who the glaring omissions are?  people seem to be under the impression that we could drop the old guard and send a squad of bairns out...with the exceptions of oxlade and wilshere (injured of course) who is actually missing that people think should be there?

serious question