The England Thread

Pilko

I can see both sides of the debate, which is why i'v never been able to fully make my mind up on Defoe.

He's one of those names if I see him on the opposing teamsheet i'm concerned straight away, purely for his finishing ability. However on the flip side he sometimes gets completley marked out of games, rendering his team to 10 men essentially.

Defoe's a good striker, as are the likes of Bent and Owen (if were looking for the most extreme version of good finisher but a lazy c*nt) but they are in that bracket of players who offer f*ck all else, which is why some people are put off.

• 3 weeks later...
FA announce new Nike deal

Monday, 03 September, 2012

The Football Association has announced an exciting new partnership with Nike that will see them create kits for every England team.

The world’s leading sportswear firm will design and make the clothing for our men and women’s sides at every level.

England’s first kits to bear the Nike Swoosh will be launched in Spring next year, as The FA marks its 150th anniversary and the agreement runs until 31 July 2018.

Read More

Why's it so much easier for the media to criticise a partnership than assert that we've not had a striker capable of showing up when it matters since Lineker - Shearer's '96 an exception?

Lineker?

First XI: Hart; Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Baines; Milner, Gerrard, Lampard, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Cleverley; Defoe

Subs: Walker, Ruddy, Bertrand, Cahill, Carrick, Jagielka, Walcott, Sturridge, Welbeck, Butland