The England Thread

Pilko

Don't see the relevance, like. Calling someone a stupid c***'s a bit different to telling Kaka to hush his anti-English queering.

I am English, and could even play for England, as I have been here past 5 years you tit.

:)

Guest neesy111

Oh shut the f*** up, man, Kaka.

:lol: This should be the standard response to a Kaka post.

This place would be the same without me.  Carry on.

FYP.

Oh shut the f*** up, man, Kaka.

:lol: This should be the standard response to a Kaka post.

This place would be the same without me.  Carry on.

FYP.

Is this in my support or to my detriment. I can't tell.

Carrick should be ahead of Lampard for England, but having said that pure attack makes some sense. Still don't think they will work together but tbh Ronaldo's kinda right, who else? Wilshere looks great in a midfield 3 imo but not sure in a 2.

Lampard rather than Wilshere feels over-cautious, and that combination with Gerrard has never worked as well as we'd hoped.

Townsend is a bold and probably correct choice. We need some pace in there.

Walker looks very nervous in an England shirt, and I don't know how he'll deal with the big occasion. Trouble is, there's no real alternative. 

We're actually in very real trouble if we don't win both these games - it's not some overblown media rhetoric. There are a lot of permutations but if Ukraine win tonight, then anything less than 6 points in our 2 games (Ukraine kicked off just now vs Poland), and we're almost certainly in the playoffs. Ukraine have San Marino on Tuesday.

Fun.

People rate Townsend? Big call to have him starting out wide in this match no?

Team better than the individuals, etc. Very happy to have Welbeck and Sturridge back. It's a strong front four Imo. Pity about Gerrard/Lampard. Whether or not they're the best pair right now, there's zero longevity to the partnership now and they should/will not play in Brazil together, if we get there. Wilshire needs as many games as possible I think.