The England Thread

Pilko

Townsend really trying to put Walcott out the team.

Welbeck will drop to the bench eventually.

In favour of Walcott? Not a chance, and rightly so. He brings something completely different to the team than Walcott. So much more, too. A consistent goal threat for one (tonight aside).

Walcott's twice the player, man. When you've got Rooney and Sturridge in the side you need your wide players to be good at playing wide, not scoring 1 goal in 4.

As opposed to 5 in 36? :lol:

Did you just read what I said?

Welbeck is a decent player having a shocking match. Quite straightforward.

Decent player, who shouldn't start for a national side that wants to win a World Cup. But reading Super Yorkie's post, I think you guys will be happy enough with a quarterfinal exit again...

You won a World Cup with Juninho and Kleberson as key squad members.  :p

Juninho Paulista? Are you for real now? Ridiculous post. Comparing Juninho Paulista to Welbeck, it's like comparing apples to spinach ffs. I'm out.

Townsend really trying to put Walcott out the team.

Welbeck will drop to the bench eventually.

In favour of Walcott? Not a chance, and rightly so. He brings something completely different to the team than Walcott. So much more, too. A consistent goal threat for one (tonight aside).

Walcott's twice the player, man. When you've got Rooney and Sturridge in the side you need your wide players to be good at playing wide, not scoring 1 goal in 4.

As opposed to 5 in 36? :lol:

Did you just read what I said?

I assumed you were advocating Walcott start in favour of Welbeck. Then I assumed you were referring to Welbeck as the '1 in 4' man. Apologies if I misconstrued that.

EDIT: Aye, sorry - I see what you mean now.

I think the future looks rosy for England,  I really do. With a decent managerial appointment after Owl Face, I honestly believe we can start challenging for tournaments.

You have some very talented young players.