I'll give it a shot, based on what I've seen:

Hart

Jagielka        Cahill

Johnson                                      Baines

Henderson   

Gerrard           

Sterling            Rooney                  Lallana

Sturridge

Or some form thereabouts. The Rodriguez loss hurts a bit I think, as you seem to be lacking an attacking player off the bench. Welbeck, Ox and Barkley. Lambert maybe. Young is almost sure to get a call-up, unfortunately. Does Defoe get another look now?

Bet Roy will play two banks of facking four. Nonetheless.

Hart

Johnson Jagielka  Cahill  Baines

Henderson Gerrard  Wilshere

Sturridge                    Lallana

Rooney

Not entirely convinced by Wilshere. Would love to see a bit of Ross Barkley or even Oxlade-Chamberlain. Maybe even Carrick against tougher opponents. Is Rodwell still alive? Hope Carroll will also be in the squad and I'd like to see Sterling play. Really like Sterling, so direct.

I like what you've done here, Kanj.

Hart

Johnson  Jagielka  Cahill    Cole

Gerrard

Henderson        Wilshere

Sterling

Rooney  Sturridge

Or a 4-3-3 with Rooney as the central striker. Dunno where I've got these ideas from, mind.

Lallana knocking on the door for Sterling's role, or for Wilshere when he is inevitably crocked, while the left back situation is obviously still wide open.

Love this. Baines ahead of Cole though. Really need consistent quality going forward from the full backs in that formation.

Takes advantage of the players who have had so much success for Liverppol this season, and are in great form and high on confidence. Also means they are all playing roles they are comfortable with and familiar with also.

Takes care of the Rooney or Sturridge up top dilemma too.

Unfortunately I doubt Hodgson will have the guts, which is a huge shame.

would be awesome to see this place go mental if England put in a good cup run. :thup:

That won't happen, mate. Too many on here want us to fail just so Pirlo and Uruguay go through.

:lol:

:lol: Must be all those people who claim Shola is a better player than Andy Carroll.

Milner man. He is mint, when used properly. Totally showed up Navas for the one trick pony that he is.

Would actually start him if England are going to play some variety of 4-2-2-2 (Similar to what City usually play) at the World Cup.

Milner man. He is mint, when used properly. Totally showed up Navas for the one trick pony that he is.

Would actually start him if England are going to play some variety of 4-2-2-2 (Similar to what City usually play) at the World Cup.

He's very unfashionable though. He isn't quick, isn't flashy, isn't a "box of tricks" so is deemed poor or just not good enough.

He doesn't really have any outstanding attributes, maybe workrate but he is an effective player with quality around him.

He's a fucking workhorse, man. He had a better game than a hit and miss little pussy like Navas, so what?

Shouldn't be anywhere near the England first Xl.

Depends on the opposition, horses for courses and all that.

I would rather Milner working his arse offer covering others than someone like Wilshere/Gerrard playing deep where they won't be as effective.

Milner wouldn't make my first choice 11 either but he can be a very useful player to have in the squad.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

If we have a correct ratio of quality creative players, then Milner would be useful. However I don't see any of them performing like Nasri and Silva did in the second half.

Liverpool winning the title is going to be even more annoying when four or five of their squad are deservedly in the team in Manaus and then inevitably look like completely different players.

They'd die if they played at the same intensity as the first half y'day in Manaus tbf.