The England Thread

Pilko

At least 100 of Lampard's goals were lucky deflections and about another 50 penalties.

Nah, he was a fantastic club player and was probably the best in the business in his role for a good few years.  Also parts of his game were always under rated like his range of passing and even his tackling.  Ridiclous amount of assists aswell for a CM.

I've watched the video and didn't hear that. :dontknow:

He also says he didn't insult or set out to insult anyone. I'm not quite sure there's anything to apologise for, other than being drunk in a public place at 23.

I've watched the video and didn't hear that. :dontknow:

He also says he didn't insult or set out to insult anyone. I'm not quite sure there's anything to apologise for, other than being drunk in a public place at 23.

Are you his nephew or summink?

• 1 month later...

What has Milner done wrong? Right enough. Always felt he was a good player. Underrated by many.

I think he's rated about right, no? A hard working player capable of putting in a good performance but is symbolic of mediocrity.

I dunno. If I was asked to describe Milner in one word I'd feel harsh as fuck using the word mediocre. Felt he was very good for City last season too. Solid when starting and offered a good attacking threat when coming off the bench. Hardworking. Versatile. Professional. I'd have him like. £4m + Cleverley.

The entire national game is a complete shambles. The fact that relative cloggers like Henderson and the latter day Gerrard started ahead of Barkley for England in the world cup says it all. This is a good chance for Hodgson to formulate a new start though. With Gerrard and Lampard finally retiring, there should be new blood introduced to the international scene.

Barkley, Stones, Chambers and Shaw, along with Sterling are making it look a little brighter. It is looking rather grim for now though.

Guest thenorthumbrian

As long as in-ger-land play all their games at wembley they really are little more than london united. 

Switzerland and Slovenia are formidable outfits.......It's never easy to play in North-East european nations like Lithuania and Estonia either.

Don't think qualification will be as straightforward as everyone seems to reckon when you factor who England have got managing them.