The England Thread

Pilko

It'll be tough to score a lot as a 2-0 loss would be a good result for them, hence they'll keep defending. We'll win without breaking much of a sweat and the Capello machine will continue to gain momentum. Even though I don't think we're much good I never feel like we're not going to win at the moment, we're ruthlessly efficient. I'm discounting the Spain game as they're the best in the world and we haven't had long enough under Fabs to be expected to compete at that level quite yet.

Tbh, aye. Capello's rekindled a bit of interest from me, certainly. I'm still in the 'rather Newcastle won a throw-in' camp, but i'd consider going to an England game nowadays.

It's the fact that the vast majority of the squad are utter twats that'll always keep my interest below a certain level. Terry, Ferdinand, Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, etc... utter twats at the most twattish clubs. Can't stand the fuckers, which in turn makes me feel pretty meh about England on the whole.

Intrigued to see what direction Capello's taking us in, though.

Guest firetotheworks

Ronaldo disagreeing? Never!  :lol:

:chomp:

that said, With Rio out i'd rather Terry be partnered with Lescott

That makes sense actually. I cant really put my finger on why, but it does.

Ronaldo disagreeing? Never!  :lol:

:chomp:

that said, With Rio out i'd rather Terry be partnered with Lescott

That makes sense actually. I cant really put my finger on why, but it does.

You need one classy defender at least, can't go having two cloggers. JT's about as classy as those birds from the Britain's cheapest brothel thread.

Lescott's a classy defender?  :lol:

:lol: Compared to Terry he is! I was just making a general point anyway, not neccesarily saying that was the ideal pairing I'd go for with the two first choices being out.

4/5-0 tonight I reckon, I hope we start poorly though because I like watching Capello bollock people from the sidelines.

Lescott's a classy defender?  :lol:

:lol: Compared to Terry he is! I was just making a general point anyway, not neccesarily saying that was the ideal pairing I'd go for with the two first choices being out.

4/5-0 tonight I reckon, I hope we start poorly though because I like watching Capello bollock people from the sidelines.

I'm with the man who said 7+. Its about time we obliterated someone, not because we deserve it but because it would be nice for me to actually enjoy an England game for once.

The classy/clogger argument would suit Woodgate but I'd rather he didn't play for England - an injury waiting to happen.

I just can't arsed about all these overpaid wankers playing a seriously weak team like Andorra. If they don't beat them about 12 nowt they should be ashamed. And if they do beat them 12 nowt the media will be going on about how we will win the World Cup every four years until about 2050. :rolleyes:

Serious question: do people think Lescott or Upson should be playing? (behind Rio and Terry)

Upson.

Lescott is the better defender in the Premiership, but only in the Premiership imo. More of a bruiser/bully type who'll get caught out when ball watching by quick/intelligent movement. I reckon he's out of his depth at international level, which is what he's looked like in the few games hes played.

More of a bruiser/bully type who'll get caught out when ball watching by quick/intelligent movement. I reckon he's out of his depth at international level, which is what he's looked like in the few games hes played.

This could also describe John Terry.

Serious question: do people think Lescott or Upson should be playing? (behind Rio and Terry)

Upson.

Lescott is the better defender in the Premiership, but only in the Premiership imo. More of a bruiser/bully type who'll get caught out when ball watching by quick/intelligent movement. I reckon he's out of his depth at international level, which is what he's looked like in the few games hes played.

Has Upson played against any decent opposition?

I see what you're saying but your description can describe Upson ad infinitum. I guess I'm biased though.

Guest firetotheworks

Tbh, I dont see a defined line between who is the better of the two as players. You can easily argue for either and be just about spot on. For me its Lescott, but thats just my preference for the way he plays, rather than him being far and away better than Upson. It's quite a tough one.