The England Thread

Pilko

Martinez is a very likable chap. Done a good job, given his resources at Wigan. Big future in the game, I suspect.

Looks like he made a poor call by not going to Villa but he does try and encourage good football.

Poor call by what criteria? I know Wigan are an unpopular club (on this board, at least!) but they play decent football. Good on him for sticking at it. Hopefully he will go on to bigger and better things eventually, but he's still very young in manager years.

Spain have had 340 odd touches and managed to create nothing...  Sparse.

They also managed to deny England the chance to have possession in their final third.  Possession is never a bad thing.

Drugs?

True and five year old rent boys

Martinez is a very likable chap. Done a good job, given his resources at Wigan. Big future in the game, I suspect.

Looks like he made a poor call by not going to Villa but he does try and encourage good football.

Poor call by what criteria? I know Wigan are an unpopular club (on this board, at least!) but they play decent football. Good on him for sticking at it. Hopefully he will go on to bigger and better things eventually, but he's still very young in manager years.

do wigan even have a youth system? remember someone saying bolton dont bring through any youngsters - wigan might be even worse.

Martinez :lol: I would get cruel pleasure from putting Spain against Wigan.

Nothing against Martinez, of course, I think he's quality.

What I would like to see is Spain v. Stoke.

It would have to be on a Wednesday night. A rainy one.

In that Villa could have been a springboard to better things, the problem he's got at Wigan is that while his brand of football is great to watch he's going to struggle to jump to a top club without having a mid table club first IMO.

If you look at him at Swansea he was highly rated and people were talking about having him here, they don't now because he's struggling with Wigan despite using the same brand of football, so a job in the top flight where he could show what he can do on the big stage is what will get him a top job eventually but you have to admire his loyalty.

do wigan even have a youth system? remember someone saying bolton dont bring through any youngsters - wigan might be even worse.

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/page/YouthIndex

Bolton's problem is that with the old rule about only having youngsters from within a certain distance that all of the better youngsters were snapped up by the bigger clubs in the region, I'd imagine it's the same for Wigan.