The England Thread

Pilko

Would have liked to have seen Oxlade Chamberlain and Danny Graham in there.

Indeed. 'Experimental squad' my arse. I'm sorry, but what on earth is Young doing there? He's barely played for Man Yoo lately. And Walcott and Downing ffs.

Frazier Campbell  :lol: if you were going to pick an utter no-one why not go for Danny Graham?

Scott Sinclair really, done more in the league this season than Young, Johnson, Downing, Walcott and Campbell.

Frazier Campbell  :lol: if you were going to pick an utter no-one why not go for Danny Graham?

Scott Sinclair really, done more in the league this season than Young, Johnson, Downing, Walcott and Campbell.

Yh him too, been very impressed and i bet Chelsea feel sick now considering he's probably better than any other the left sided players they have  :lol:

I consider Mata a central player before anyone brings it up.

Fraizer Campbell. Are we that[\b] desperate? Remember when we were so blessed, Andy Cole and Ian Wright couldn't even get a look-in?

What's Downing getting a call-up for? He's done fuck all apart from against Oldham and Brighton.

Gareth Barry and Glen Johnson were shown up two years ago; if we're still picking them, I'll not bother watching England.

Fraizer Campbell and Tom Cleverley - who have made the combined total of 7 league appearances this season.

If they're in, there should be spaces for Sinclair and Graham, if not to the likes of Guthrie too.

Things is, Cleverly is class and will likely by England's starting CM for years to come. So I can see why it makes sense to put him in. Campbell is a harder one, he could be brilliant but he needs to prove his fitness over the longer term.

He is class and will become a great player, but he's also only played 61 minutes of football in 2012.

Things is, Cleverly is class and will likely by England's starting CM for years to come. So I can see why it makes sense to put him in. Campbell is a harder one, he could be brilliant but he needs to prove his fitness over the longer term.

He is class and will become a great player, but he's also only played 61 minutes of football in 2012.

True, but I don't think it's worth picking another random Englishman who doesn't have an international future based on that. Obviously there should be a balance between form and long-term planning, but I would lean towards building a team for the long term.

Calls up Frazier Campbell but not Oxlade-Chamberlain. Righto.

Calls up Theo Walcott but not Oxlade-Chamberlain is my issue. I like that he's got rid of the old cunts, but at least bring in some fun new players, not just man utd youth who've barely played.

Guest VaVaVoom

At least there's no Terry, Ferdinand or Lampard.

Moving in the right direction with this. Barry shouldnt be in the squad and you could argue Gerrard shouldnt be as well.

Saying that, of all the above experienced players, Gerrard would be the one id have in the squad. He should be the captain when in the squad.

I think the squad looks canny really, my 11 would be...

---Hart---

Walker---Richards---Cahill---Baines

Milner---Gerrard---Cleverley---Johnson

Rooney---Bent

Guthrie should of been called up like, would of been nice to see him in that side in the middle with Gerrard.

Calls up Theo Walcott but not Oxlade-Chamberlain is my issue. I like that he's got rid of the old cunts, but at least bring in some fun new players, not just man utd youth who've barely played.

Theo Walcott is so disappointing it hurts. That's the best word to use, really. He SHOULD be so much better. But he isn't.

Theo Walcott is so disappointing it hurts. That's the best word to use, really. He SHOULD be so much better. But he isn't.

It's just that they're so god damn easy to compare, and Ox is clearly better. I've given up on Theo ever achieving anything. He was a better player 5 years ago.

Guest johnson293

Tweet from Campbell...

Absolutely delighted to be part of the england team. Been the longest and hardest 18 months of my life and feel truly honoured to be given a chance. Thanks for all your positive tweets means a lot!

then a reply to his tweet...

Coxhoe Athletic FC @Coxhoeathletic

@FraizerCampbell so are we but the Mags are a tad envious #FTM

;D  :rolleyes:

http://rlv.zcache.com/green_with_envy_speckcase-p176010554325176154z8z6x_400.jpg