The England Thread

Pilko

Guest gggg

Going to really struggle to see any of the ball against France.  :undecided:

We struggle to keep the ball against everybody, probably even in training

If we ever win anything (ha) it will be like Greece not out passing teams

Our crossing was absolutely shocking. Did we get on the end of a single ball?

First cross (by Downing) was actually the best of the night, dropped off from there.

Considering the team we put out, we did as well as could be expected. We were organised and hard-working but struggled to build attacks more and more as the game went on.

Jones didn't look like a full back.

It looks like Barry will be out, and unlike most, I think that's a shame. If we're going with Parker, we need to make sure there's plenty of skill around him.

Don't think I've ever witnessed an England squad full of so many loathsome, dislikeable players. More excited about seeing Ben Arfa and Cabaye perform.

This. 100%. Hope they sink like a fucking stone at the Euros. I do like Roy, mind, but I absolutely cannot bring myself to support the likes of Terry, Gerrard, Rooney, Cole, Johnson, Parker, etc. The whole thing is made worse by the inevitable media circus that surrounds big tournaments.

Having said that, I don't think anyone expects England to do well this year. Certainly not in terms of having a chance of winning it anyway.

Guest thenorthumbrian

God, in-ger-land or Team London really are horrible.

Just wait till the cockney press turn on Hodgson just because he isn't cheeky chappy Redknapp.

Don't think I've ever witnessed an England squad full of so many loathsome, dislikeable players. More excited about seeing Ben Arfa and Cabaye perform.

This. 100%. Hope they sink like a fucking stone at the Euros. I do like Roy, mind, but I absolutely cannot bring myself to support the likes of Terry, Gerrard, Rooney, Cole, Johnson, Parker, etc. The whole thing is made worse by the inevitable media circus that surrounds big tournaments.

Having said that, I don't think anyone expects England to do well this year. Certainly not in terms of having a chance of winning it anyway.

I'm away until the S/F which we will be out by then, but it would be nice to get out of the groups so i've got some interest until i get back. That and Greece, i hope they do well for free drinks and free food  :lol:

Guest neesy111

Had Barry been a sure starter anyway? Lampard and Parker for me tbh.

Played more games in last 5 years than any other player.