The England Thread

Pilko

The lack of quality in that squad and English players in premier league is shocking. Something has to change big style - there are just to many foreign players and not enough coaching young players through and giving them chances. We also need to coach players to play with ball retention, movement n creativity. Rather than rigid and hoof. Shocking when you look at the players we signed and technique they have its just not about in English players, maybe Wiltshire n sturridge n Chamberlain but henderson, parker, barry, downing and Milner FFS slow, rigid and no creativity at all

The rate midfielders are dropping, Perch and Guthrie cant be too low down on the list now :lol:

No come on you forget Spearing, Shelvey and Sterling.

Don't be silly, you can't take sterling to the euros.

:lol:

A lot of very harsh comments on Henderson. He's 21, had the pressure of a big money move, was pitched into a team that had just been thrown together, had to cope with different positions in different formations, all under a manager who was under a lot of pressure himself. It's no wonder he struggled to impose himself.

With everyone then calling you a failure, most young players would have sunk without trace, but I think he's kept himself going through it all.

He looks like a good athlete who can really cover the ground. What I'm not sure about is his range of ability on the ball.

With Parker's fitness in doubt, we may be about to learn a lot more.

A lot of very harsh comments on Henderson. He's 21, had the pressure of a big money move, was pitched into a team that had just been thrown together, had to cope with different positions in different formations, all under a manager who was under a lot of pressure himself. It's no wonder he struggled to impose himself.

He looks like a good athlete who can really cover the ground. What I'm not sure about is his range of ability on the ball.

With Parker's fitness in doubt, we may be about to learn a lot more.

He was a mackem.  That's enough.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm going to put a large amount of money on France beating England.

Any sizable profit i make this week is going on that, 9/5 is looking like mental odds now

The rate midfielders are dropping, Perch and Guthrie cant be too low down on the list now :lol:

No come on you forget Spearing, Shelvey and Sterling.

Don't be silly, you can't take sterling to the euros.

:lol:

Not at thetender age of 17.

I think Henderson's going to be a very decent player sometime soon, the question is whether he should be going to the Euros after having a shitter of a season. Still, hasn't stopped Gerrard and Carroll getting the call.

I think the lad is mentally strong and can put that behind him. The question is whether he's good enough yet to take on a role in CM at that level.

I think Henderson's going to be a very decent player sometime soon, the question is whether he should be going to the Euros after having a shitter of a season. Still, hasn't stopped Gerrard and Carroll getting the call.

I think the lad is mentally strong and can put that behind him. The question is whether he's good enough yet to take on a role in CM at that level.

I meant more the principle of picking a player who hasn't performed in the league.

Guest MrSundlofer

Current England squad vs. Injured / not selected / suspended English players.

Joe Hart

---

Glen Johnson

Gary Cahill

John Terry

Ashley Cole

---

Scott Parker

Phil Jones

---

Theo Walcott

Steven Gerrard

Ashley Young

---

Andy Carroll

vs.

Ben Foster

---

Kyle Walker

Micah Richards

Rio Ferdinand

Kieran Gibbs

---

Paul Scholes

Jack Wilshere

---

Aaron Lennon

Frank Lampard

Adam Johnson

---

Wayne Rooney

Who will win?

(Taken from another site...)

Hart

Jones  Cahill Terry  Cole

Parker

Walcott                Young

Gerrard

Rooney

Carroll

Once Rooney is back.

Hart

Jones  Cahill Terry  Cole

Parker

Walcott                Young

Gerrard

Rooney

Carroll

Once Rooney is back.

Not sure how that'll work, Parker will have to be a 1 man midfield. I can see us relying on Rooney dropping deep when he's back to have any presence in middle of the park though

Bitches love Diamonds.

Just being nostalgic here but imagine if we get Rooney playing like he did in Euro 2004. Possibly the best tournament from an England player since Gazza in 1990, thought we would win it until he went of injured against Portugal.

Jones in Midfield with Johnson coming in then?

If Johnson actually has a chance of being played (the fact he's behind Downing is disgusting) I would be strangely pleased with this tbh, Parker would be important for us as we have no-one else of his mould, but that team is just so fucking boring I want someone in that has a chance of actually doing something, even if on the whole it's to the detriment of the team.

I meant more the principle of picking a player who hasn't performed in the league.

Well ultimately, it's about how you think the player is going to perform tomorrow, in the Euros, for the national team.

Obviously club performances are what you go by, but there may be reasons why a player hasn't performed well for their club. My original point about Henderson was that this last season, he has faced just about every factor that would lead a young player to under-perform. I think he's scraped into the squad this time because Hodgson has seen enough in the lad to suggest that he can perform better than his Liverpool form might indicate.