The England Thread

Pilko

Sol was definitely not better positionally tbh...... the rest is probably true but Rio was no scrub in the air himself and the stronger and quicker part means very little becaus Sol relied upon it due to being out of position more often....

In Rio's prime his positioning was immaculate.

Ferdinand is the best English centre half since Bobby Moore, joke the way he is getting treated.

I'd just retire from Int. football if I was him.

No he's not.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01074/00butcher_1074784a.jpg

Legend. :thup:

And yes, I know posting an image will annoy Interpolic. :snod:

Ferdinand used to get caught out of position quite a bit either due to him losing concentration or giving the ball away when trying to bring it out of defence.

Once when he realised he wasn't as good on the ball as he was hyped up to be and started keeping it simple he became a great player.

Ferdinand used to get caught out of position quite a bit either due to him losing concentration or giving the ball away when trying to bring it out of defence.

Once when he realised he wasn't as good on the ball as he was hyped up to be and started keeping it simple he became a great player.

That was more due to thinking he was a midfielder and taken too many touches a lot like our very own Colo in any case i was comparing the two players in their primes and Ferdinand hardly ever did that in his prime.

Stand by it, in their respective primes Rio's positioning was superior. Not that it matters anyway.

Cant believe Adams hasnt been mentioned n'all. Ficking genius CB.

Agreed, i think Adams was better as well but he didnt play for England much and i was assuming the debate was about for England.

Only the 66 caps.

Cant believe Adams hasnt been mentioned n'all. Ficking genius CB.

Agreed, i think Adams was better as well but he didnt play for England much and i was assuming the debate was about for England.

Only the 66 caps.

Sorry my brain is a bit on the slide atm, it seems i have come up with a massive fail here :facepalm:

I must have been thinking of someone else, not quite sure who though.... in any case yeah Adams is better i can go with that :thup:

Sol runs him pretty close but Ferdinand is the more complete defender.

In what way? Campbell was stronger, quicker, better positionally and better in the air than him.

Campbell wasn't quicker. Quick but not Ferdinand quick. Ferdinand carried the ball out of defence better and for me read the game better.

Tough choice between Rio and Sol tbh.

Sol was a beast, Rio was better on the ball.

Sol was prone to the odd 'saving' tackle which he would get badly wrong (see Robert), Rio was prone to lapses in concentraton.

Both at their prime and on their game were fantastic, including a world class partnership together for England.

Ferdinand is the best English centre half since Bobby Moore, joke the way he is getting treated.

Butcher

Adams

Walker

Campbell

All better than Rio imo. Moreso the first 3.

Butcher

Adams

Walker

Campbell

All better than Rio imo. Moreso the first 3.

And add Dave Watson to those too.

That statement from Rio's representative man, what a silly one to make. Aye, why don't you disrupt England's preparation by causing a fuss over nothing? For me, Rio wasn't picked for the squad this summer because his 2011/12 season was shite - the man is clearly declining and what England doesn't need is an inconsistent CB (btw, I'm well aware that others who have had crap seasons have been selected - something which I'm not particularly happy with). It's just that I made up my mind about Rio well before the Euros - he kept making the simplest of mistakes (such as not tracking a player, misplacing passes). Jonny Evans had a much better season than Rio and that's saying something really.

Guest bimpy474

And of course, John Terry being a racist twat towards Rio's cousin has absolutely fuck all with Rio not being selected. [/selectivemyopia]

Its his brother i think mate.

And of course, John Terry being a racist twat towards Rio's cousin has absolutely fuck all with Rio not being selected. [/selectivemyopia]

Its his brother i think mate.

:blush: Oops. [/seniledementia]

Terry's always at the root of most bother, any new England manager would have been wise to just fuck him off straight away.  They'll be wishing they did at some point soon when he does something stupid to make their job harder.