The England Thread

Pilko

That was shit. Not a threat until Defoe came on, he should start. Hart, what a twat, dropped nearly everything and went slower than a snail getting the ball out. Parker was a liability until the 75th minute when he realised he could actually make a tackle. Typical Roy tactics, sit back, sit back, wait until they give you the ball, sit back, sit back and sit fucking back.

They never looked like they wanted the win.

Second half was utterly dismal. :lol:

Good result for England. As I said the other day, being very tough to beat is what I expect of us. We just don't have enough quality to do much more. Wasn't sure why France had Benzema so deep for the entire match.

No doubting that's a good result for England. Fuck me though, England games seem to constantly eclipse the last match in the boredom stakes. So, so, so desperately dull. Can we blame that on the heat?

Showed some decent spells of possession and threatened about as much as the French. If Rooney(Milner's miss) was on the end of that ball in the first half, England score 2. Either way, the scoreline is indicative of the match played.

Second half was utterly dismal. :lol:

Good result for England. As I said the other day, being very tough to beat is what I expect of us. We just don't have enough quality to do much more.

Being tough to beat is guaranteed with Woy. Your problem is your non-existant midfield and Rooney can't change that.

That was shit. Not a threat until Defoe came on, he should start. Hart, what a twat, dropped nearly everything and went slower than a snail getting the ball out. Parker was a liability until the 75th minute when he realised he could actually make a tackle. Typical Roy tactics, sit back, sit back, wait until they give you the ball, sit back, sit back and sit fucking back.

They never looked like they wanted the win.

Gerraway man.

I thought Ox-C was the only player who looked capable of producing something tbh, but there was certainly no outstanding performances there. I like Welbeck, i think he's got some good attributes and great potential, but it does show how much we've really scraped together this England squad - the fact that he's leading the line in the place of Rooney.

That team can improve and it was a solid (if thoroughly unspectacular/uninspiring) performance. So they've got every right to be positive. Need more of a cutting edge in the next two games, though. Aside from one neat move where Milner fluffed it (by God was he fucking terrible), they didn't come remotely close to threatening France. If set pieces are gonna be relied on, England are gonna go nowhere.

Lucky!

Bollocks!

What did the French keeper do apart from pick ball put of the net?

I agree we didn't threaten much but we did defend well, no luck about it.

Pleasantly surprised by England but in reality, that's the game that suited our tactics of sitting deep, when we have to get on the front foot is when we will struggle ,I fear.

I thought Gerrard was excellent as were all of the back 4 including Johnson, and Welbeck was very good up front. Once again, I don't believe fucking Henderson actually touched the ball in his 15 minutes, how he's anywhere near the squad is utterly beyond me, surely a better and more worthwhile selection would be Leon Osman? But in the main a good battling performance, with infinitely more positivity than South Africa.

Guest neesy111

Lucky!

Bollocks!

What did the French keeper do apart from pick ball put of the net?

I agree we didn't threaten much but we did defend well, no luck about it.

When England have to get a result we won't playing anything like that. 

The squad is limited. This is the best way for this squad to play, hopefully playing with a bit more freedom against the next two weaker sides.

Roy is perfect for this mob.

Pretty much.

a good result for England, not a good performance mind, seemed a bank of 8 at times rather than 2 banks of 4 and Welbeck didn't offer much in holding up the ball

I totally disagree on every point you've made there.