The England Thread

Pilko

Knew exactly what was going to happen there. Defoe, in the right channel, Oxlade-Chamberlain completely unmarked at the back post.

Jermain Defoe doesn't even get his fucking head up, blasts a shot off the defender, which hits back off him and goes out for a goal kick. His awareness on the pitch is utterly shite, he's far too selfish.

Guest Chubby Jason

We've looked impressive to me, we're playing with a good tempo which makes a nice change compared to how we usually play against these types of teams.

They aren't even the worst team in the group. :lol:

Yay to UEFA qualifying!

We should do like the CONCACAF and do a previous round to weed out some of the worst teams, really.

Sometimes I wonder if it would be better for the minnows if they had a round of games against more similar opposition every time, or whether it actually benefits them to play the full spectrum of sides and get the chance to play against a higher level of opposition.

They aren't even the worst team in the group. :lol:

Yay to UEFA qualifying!

We should do like the CONCACAF and do a previous round to weed out some of the worst teams, really.

Sometimes I wonder if it would be better for the minnows if they had a round of games against more similar opposition every time, or whether it actually benefits them to play the full spectrum of sides and get the chance to play against a higher level of opposition.

Personally I reckon it's good for a lot of them to play good teams every time. Faroes for e.g. have come on leaps and bounds in the last 10 years as have a few others. It's always going to be cyclical (and non-existant) with a lot of teams due to sheer lack of population though.