The England Thread

Pilko

Tom Huddlestone isn't good enough either. Would be nowhere near the squad if he played for Fulham or someone like that.

Not good enough to play for us at the moment, let alone England.

It's definitely a terrible decision not to let someone else have a go in goals for a nothing friendly. What better chance to get some experience?

Tom Huddlestone isn't good enough either. Would be nowhere near the squad if he played for Fulham or someone like that.

Linked to this, take Leon Osman. Hardly a spectacular player nor a top drawer player, but a fairly good one who is technically sound. Should have been in the squad a while ago but instead dross like Henderson are handed opportunities, and Gareth fucking Barry still gets picked. Osman however plays for Everton (read: not Man Utd, Liverpool etc). He is a better footballer than Tom Cleverley for example IMO. The latter however plays for Man Utd.

Not saying we should be regularly playing Osman, but it's scandalous someone like him wasn't given an opportunity earlier. For me, our insistence on playing someone like Barry (of Man City royalty) over giving someone like Osman a chance earlier on sums up what's been wrong with this country's national team and set-up for quite a long time.

Linked to this, take Leon Osman. Hardly a spectacular player nor a top drawer player, but a fairly good one who is technically sound. Should have been in the squad a while ago but instead dross like Henderson are handed opportunities, and Gareth f***ing Barry still gets picked. Osman however plays for Everton (read: not Man Utd, Liverpool etc). He is a better footballer than Tom Cleverley for example IMO. The latter however plays for Man Utd.

Not saying we should be regularly playing Osman, but it's scandalous someone like him wasn't given an opportunity earlier. For me, our insistence on playing someone like Barry (of Man City royalty) over giving someone like Osman a chance earlier on sums up what's been wrong with this country's national team and set-up for quite a long time.

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/empics/20120423/21/2920111736-23042012213052.jpg

He must have scored about 50 goals since we went down, which is probably more than all the strikers have in that time.

Linked to this, take Leon Osman. Hardly a spectacular player nor a top drawer player, but a fairly good one who is technically sound. Should have been in the squad a while ago but instead dross like Henderson are handed opportunities, and Gareth fucking Barry still gets picked. Osman however plays for Everton (read: not Man Utd, Liverpool etc). He is a better footballer than Tom Cleverley for example IMO. The latter however plays for Man Utd.

Yep, totally agree. It's scandalous that Leon Osman has had to wait until now to play for England, whilst the likes of Barry, Cleverley and Carrick have been regularly playing.

Good game by Caulker too. He is going to be a fixture for many years.

Yep, totally agree. It's scandalous that Leon Osman has had to wait until now to play for England, whilst the likes of Barry, Cleverley and Carrick have been regularly playing.

I assume you mean Lampard or Gerrard, because Cleverly has what, five caps?

Swedish medias wankfest last night over Zlatans 4 goals, except 3 of them came against Jenkinson - Cahill - Shawcross - Baines.

I'd score 50 goals against them too ffs. And Zlatans goal against France in the Euros was better, he does have a knack for scoring nice goals though.

No I don't, because Gerrard and Lampard are good players. Cleverley is only in the squad because he's a Manchester United squad member.

No I don't, because Gerrard and Lampard are good players. Cleverley is only in the squad because he's a Manchester United squad member.

He's in the squad because he's quality. In my eyes there's not a lot between him and Osman, except Cleverley is younger, fitter and faster.

How many out there don't actually think Joe Hart is the great keeper he's made out to be? At (regular) times his decision making is school boy. I actually wince at some of the things he does. He has very good reactions; I'll give him that.

How many out there don't actually think Joe Hart is the great keeper he's made out to be? At (regular) times his decision making is school boy. I actually wince at some of the things he does. He has very good reactions; I'll give him that.

When he broke into the City squad he was playing excellent, then the hype train started for both club and country. He thinks he's better than he is now, and his feet are firmly OFF the ground. His cockyness is costing him. He's still a young guy though, especially in goalkeeping terms. He has all the tools to become one of the best keepers around.

He's a good hope for the future but he's still very young and will make mistakes. I also agree he's gone backwards a bit, no longer playing to prove himself now he's assured of starts at man city and for england wonder if it's damaged his hunger for it.