The England Thread

Pilko

Not sure folks from Newcastle are going to give you much of a balanced view on how the English support England vs their club.

Why?

Most people from Newcastle tend to care a lot more about being Geordie than being English. A lot of separation the from London-based national team, and we tend to have pretty different personality traits from your standard Londonite.

I look at the countries around us, including France and think that generally we're better off.

TBF you've got a point.

Spain, Germany and Italy are a fair way ahead of the rest in Europe currently.

England, France, whoever are all much of a muchness and would probably get turned over by any of the above more often than not.

Guest firetotheworks

Baines/cole leaves a lot to be desired?

Remember when left wing was the only 'problem position?'

Guest firetotheworks

I dunno if I'd got that far, but I think I nearly would. I barely give a shit about England.

Guest neesy111

If England won the WC I might celebrate it down the pub. When Newcastle win a trophy, 7 day long piss up for me.  That's the contrast for me.

Guest firetotheworks

I dunno what I'd do if Newcastle won a trophy. I think I'd almost certainly cry my eyes out in some drink and drug frenzy.

I look at the countries around us, including France and think that generally we're better off.

TBF you've got a point.

England, France, whoever are all much of a muchness and would probably get turned over by any of the above more often than not.

If England were playing a major tournament knock-out game against one of the countries in the category down from those 3 (say France, Netherlands, Portugal) I'd fancy us to crash out every time regardless of the team strength.

TBF you've got a point.

If England were playing a major tournament knock-out game against one of the countries in the category down from those 3 (say France, Netherlands, Portugal) I'd fancy us to crash out every time regardless of the team strength.

I can not understand how can someone can desire such a thing to his home country.

TBF you've got a point.

I can not understand how can someone can desire such a thing to his home country.

You are mistaking me Jotenko, I would not want that to happen - but that's what I think would happen.

TBF you've got a point.

You are mistaking me Jotenko, I would not want that to happen - but that's what I think would happen.

Oh ok.

I understand everything now.

I think France have a much better squad than ours, yet as always they just can't get them to gel as a team due to personality clashes.

Better depth perhaps but I look at their first Xl and ours and I think ours is comfortably better.