The England Thread

Pilko

Good article, that.

I guess you couldn't battle against the name of Wembley, but you should have kept NT games on the road like we do it in Spain. It works wonders to bring the team and raise support around the country and prevents it from becoming "Madrid's NT".

Pretty sure 80% of games were at Old Trafford when that happened though. In principle I agree if it actually moves around the country and gives all areas a few games. I do like the idea of having a national stadium though, and Wembley is probably the most famous ground in the world.

Shame it cost so much so that every game has to be played there though. Some of the poorer games against the shite teams should still go round the regions with Wembley hosting the glamour ties IMO. No doubt all of team GBs games in the Olympics will be at Wembley n all.

Definitely the problem, if they'd managed to build it for a normal cost it would be great to have moved a few games around, even if it is just the shit ones. Shame the U21s don't get a better attendance, they play everywhere.

Kicking off at 4pm ain't going to help their cause. Don't know how much it costs but i can't imagine too many would be willing to pay much to go and watch them.

Good article, that.

I guess you couldn't battle against the name of Wembley, but you should have kept NT games on the road like we do it in Spain. It works wonders to bring the team and raise support around the country and prevents it from becoming "Madrid's NT".

Pretty sure 80% of games were at Old Trafford when that happened though. In principle I agree if it actually moves around the country and gives all areas a few games. I do like the idea of having a national stadium though, and Wembley is probably the most famous ground in the world.

Shame it cost so much so that every game has to be played there though. Some of the poorer games against the shite teams should still go round the regions with Wembley hosting the glamour ties IMO. No doubt all of team GBs games in the Olympics will be at Wembley n all.

Definitely the problem, if they'd managed to build it for a normal cost it would be great to have moved a few games around, even if it is just the shit ones. Shame the U21s don't get a better attendance, they play everywhere.

Kicking off at 4pm ain't going to help their cause. Don't know how much it costs but i can't imagine too many would be willing to pay much to go and watch them.

I went to one (at Wembley as it happens, when it had just opened) against Portugal and it was only a tenner on the door. Only 20,000-odd there though, even at 7pm on a Friday.

Guest Geordiesned

Jesus. The look of anger and hatred on the face of some of the England fans when they started singing the national anthem!

Guest Chubby Jason

England fans chanting 'you're f***ed, and you know you are' to Walcott. Bit harsh.

I didn't hear that, if that's what there were saying then that's terrible to be honest.