The England Thread

Pilko

The knives will be sharpening for the aftermath of this match already. The Swiss are a good well organised very defensive team (Hitzfeld > Capello). I would predict a 0-0 draw here which will be portrayed as total failure.

Good shout. :lol:

A draw would be a very good result. The Swiss are better than any team England played at the World Cup bar Germany.

Really?

Obviously I still don't think we're all that good btw, before someone accuses me of arrogance again.

Good result, nice to see Rooney on the score sheet for England again.

Happy for Adam Johnson as well, the lad should be starting games and with two goals from two sub appearances, he really should be giving Capello something to think about.

The knives will be sharpening for the aftermath of this match already. The Swiss are a good well organised very defensive team (Hitzfeld > Capello). I would predict a 0-0 draw here which will be portrayed as total failure.

A draw would be a very good result.  The Swiss are better than any team England played at the World Cup bar Germany. 

Really?

Obviously I still don't think we're all that good btw, before someone accuses me of arrogance again.

I still think the Swiss are better than Algeria, Slovenia and the USA.  Just shit tonight. 

I am too cowed by the Scotland result to be able to reposnd properly to this.

Well done Sassanach.

There was no aggression in Rooney's game tonight. Whether it's physical or mental I don't know.

On the positive side, despite one or two iffy individual performances, I thought the shape of the side looked very good, with everyone comfortable in their role. With Milner suspended and Walcott possibly out, he might restore Lampard but personally I wouldn't. The 4-4-1-1 is working well.

There was no aggression in Rooney's game tonight. Whether it's physical or mental I don't know.

On the positive side, despite one or two iffy individual performances, I thought the shape of the side looked very good, with everyone comfortable in their role. With Milner suspended and Walcott possibly out, he might restore Lampard but personally I wouldn't. The 4-4-1-1 is working well.

Adam Johnson and Routledge on the wings. Sorted :aww:

Nah,apparently the red-light district in Basle is shite.

I asked a girl at work who scored England's goals cos I didn't know and she said Andy Johnson got one. Andy Johnson I said? Are you sure? Yes, she said. I said I was amazed he was even in the squad. She said he was really good and also scored against Bulgaria. Are you sure you don't mean Glen Johnson? I asked. No, she said, getting quite cross now. So I left it there, sensing her annoyance. When I got home I saw the goals on the BBC and realised she meant Adam Johnson, not Andy. True story.