The England Thread

Pilko

It's a friendly and they need everyone to get some game time. Rooney's worth a look out wide and I assume Lambert will be through the middle. Milner at right back is another experiment that needs to be tried as Johnson is shite defensively, though I doubt Milner is any better we might as well confirm it

Ugh. This is not my mentality at all. I want us to have a solid 11-14 players that constitute our 'first team'. I want them to play together, as many times as possible. And in that group, I want everyone to play in their favoured position. I want team cohesiveness, something we've not seen for 12 years or more. I do not need to see James Milner do a mediocre job at right back. Nobody needs to see that.

Ugh. This is not my mentality at all. I want us to have a solid 11-14 players that constitute our 'first team'. I want them to play together, as many times as possible. And in that group, I want everyone to play in their favoured position. I want team cohesiveness, something we've not seen for 12 years or more. I do not need to see James Milner do a mediocre job at right back. Nobody needs to see that.

I agree. You pick them based on their performances in their position that year - yet when they get into your team you move them to somewhere they haven't played all season.

Rooney playing with the stiffs, interesting.

Hope Ecuador have a less than full team out too otherwise it could get anguish-y.

EDIT: @Tim_Vickery  3m

Ecuador putting out the side that will probably play Switzerland in crucial first game

Roy Hodgson has been ridiculed after the England manager admitted he knew little about Ecuador, his side's opponents on Wednesday.

Asked what he knew about football in the South American country, Hodgson said: “That’s a bit like me asking what you think of Crewe’s chances of getting out of the second division.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/10873788/World-Cup-2014-Englands-Roy-Hodgson-ridiculed-for-comparing-Ecuador-to-Crewe.html

:lol:

Hope Rickie has a good game. Would be unbelievable to see Flanagan get his first cap. Last summer this time, he couldn't even get a loan deal to a league 1 side !

:anguish:

Please keep your happy go lucky ambitious club stuff away from us, demon.

At least the quote has been doctored though :thup:

:dontknow:

Not by you, the answer was to a Q specifically about the devlopment in Ecuadorian football not just about their national team.

At least the quote has been doctored though :thup:

:dontknow:

Not by you, the answer was to a Q specifically about the devlopment in Ecuadorian football not just about their national team.

Hodgson's legacy severely damaged by him missing that opportunity to give the journo a real good "u wot m8?"ing.

Incidentally, these jokers won all but 1 game in Ecuador (a draw vs argentina), and didn't win a single game away from Ecuador. They should not be an issue, unless were playing on top of a mountain.

Obviously we'll probably struggle to a 1-1, with a late Peter Crouch equalizer, but had Roy managed to get these twats playing like a team, we'd be disposing of Ecuador comfortably.