The England Thread

Pilko

Not sure Smalling and Jones would be there if they weren't at manu.

They look like what theyve become at ManU, utlity players, formerly talented centre backs. Think both can still get there though.

Hopefully, because both have natural ability. I think playing them in so many positions hampers their development. Look at what Man U did to Alan fucking Smith :lol:

Wasn't Barkley likened to Gazza pre-England friendlies? Not sure who by like.

You need your Lampards and the like around just to show the younger lads the ropes a bit. Confidence is high though and the effort and quality is certainly there. Just a bit better decision making.

Seems more like a young Joe Cole to me. Plenty of confidence for his age, surges forward. Not quite as a skillful as a Gazza.

We desperately lack a good midfield anchor, for when we lose the ball.

For all our centre mids are good on the ball and can pick a pass, we still look exposed. I think that's why Henderson seems to be first choice, not as good as Wilshere or Barkley but positionally is a bit more disciplined.

When i've looked at Barkley up close think he could achieve anything, his decision making isn't quite there yet mind and I fear he'll go to man city or something and waste away.

He won't. We're not talking about Scott Sinclair or Jack Rodwell here.

When i've looked at Barkley up close think he could achieve anything, his decision making isn't quite there yet mind and I fear he'll go to man city or something and waste away.

Rodwell had the world at his feet. Excellent nautral ability. Shit attitude.

Rodwell had the world at his feet. Excellent nautral ability. Shit attitude.

Aye but not nearly as much as Barkley.

Has Ian Wright taken up Kung-Fu?

I hope so, then my dream of someone breaking the necks of Chiles, Tyldesley and Townsend on air would be a step closer to fruition.