The England Thread

Pilko

Defensively we need to tighten up like.

Unfortunately we don't have any class defenders.

It's our second choice back 5, man. The first choice 5 are adequate at worst.

They're alright, but they're not top-drawer. We often look shakey even with the first XI.

Guest chopey

Oxtail, Barclays and smalling look good the rest look average with ugly Jones, Wiltshire and foster particularly poor

What nonsense this is. Blimey.

[/quote

Which part

BeIN commentators still pushing the idea of suspensions if the referee reports it.

I heard that there's no way they'll be suspended for competitive games as that is FIFA rules, will only count towards the next friendly (which I thought was automatic but maybe only happens if the referee reports it?). At least that's the Brazilian commentators, fuck do they know.

They're alright, but they're not top-drawer. We often look shakey even with the first XI.

How many goals did we concede in qualifying?

I don't know.

I don't know.

Wiki says 4 in 10 games.

You can see from Sterling's reaction that he clearly doesn't think he's done anything wrong. That tackle was absolutely nothing, Valencia's reaction is a disgrace.

It was rash, I'm not saying he deserved a red card, but it's a friendly after all just unnecessary. Valencia's reaction is idiotic, but the thought of a leg-break there probably got the worse of him.

You can see from Sterling's reaction that he clearly doesn't think he's done anything wrong. That tackle was absolutely nothing, Valencia's reaction is a disgrace.

It was rash, I'm not saying he deserved a red card, but it's a friendly after all just unnecessary. Valencia's reaction is idiotic, but the thought of a leg-break there probably got the worse of him.

Valencia's just an arsehole who knows he'll be back at Wigan soon. He's angry about it.

Valencia's just an arsehole who knows he'll be back at Wigan soon.

Possibly, although I've never seen him as an asshole. He just looks like a latin-lover.

You could argue it was unnecessary, but a friendly is still a football match. He clearly goes in with one leg and plays the ball. If Valencia was angry and lost it for a second then fair enough, that happens. But there's no reasonable justification for it IMO, except that he was wound up in general.

Shite tackle, shite reaction. No surprise if it's a red card each in a competitive game, bit of a surprise to see reds in a friendly but I don't think either can have any major complaints. Valencia's anger at the thought of Sterling going flying in on the eve of a World Cup got the better of him.

You could argue it was unnecessary, but a friendly is still a football match. He clearly goes in with one leg and plays the ball. If Valencia was angry and lost it for a second then fair enough, that happens. But there's no reasonable justification for it IMO, except that he was wound up in general.

He barely touches the ball though, he comes in at full speed and could've easily broken his leg. Sure it's a footballing match, but I think the reaction is fully warranted in a friendly a week before the biggest event there is in football.

Had I been the ref, I'd probably only have sent off Valencia, but I understand the reaction and why the ref gave both reds.