The England Thread

Pilko

Fair enough should look at better candidates, but doubt there'll be any great upgrades to be had, and while Hodgson is limited (welbeck ffs) he is at least trying to bring youth through, the problem with england is more deep than the manager.

Fair enough should look at better candidates, but doubt there'll be any great upgrades to be had, and while Hodgson is limited (welbeck ffs) he is at least trying to bring youth through, the problem with england is more deep than the manager.

Given how much the FA can pay of course we have better options.

The problem is we have a brigade of people who believe we should  only have an English man in charge

My work have arranged pizzas and drinks for the Costa Rica match.  Going to be such a waste of time and effort. :lol:

Nowt like a World Cup dead rubber to get the party started.

Guest TruToon94

So England is like Newcastle now.

I don't even care anymore. Get the big names out of the f***ing team. Rooney, Gerrard and the others have to f*** off now. Should go entirely for the youth, all players under 28 and young and hungry. Experience doesn't work and never has. No more building the team around a single name either. Owen, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney have all proven this approach is disastrous.

Barkley, Sterling offer hope. Have to get rid of big names and stick entirely with youth now. At least they're hungry and Costa Rica have proven, hunger is better than so called youth.

Also Roy should go. Can't be that hard for England to get a decent young manager in surely. Doesn't have to be English but has to speak English. Worse than Sven FFS.

Hopefully Hart, Gerrard and the like are dropped for the dead rubber game against Costa Rica. Give some of the players who haven't played (or have barely played) a run out.

Aye - give the others a go who have not had a chance yet.

Guest palnese

Hopefully Hart, Gerrard and the like are dropped for the dead rubber game against Costa Rica. Give some of the players who haven't played (or have barely played) a run out.

Would only keep Sterling and Sturridge from the Uruguay starting XI.

Would only keep Sterling and Sturridge from the Uruguay starting XI.

Why? he just benches Sterling 60 mins into the game every time no matter how well he plays. Just like Newcastle the problems of the team lie with the manager.

After all that talk, we'd likely have gone out drawing with Uruguay anyway.

As soon as I saw that video yesterday with the team talking about their idols, and the pundits bigging them up I had a feeling we'd do shit against Uruguay. Pretty much like Newcastle in that we talk a decent game but never play one when it counts.

Guest TruToon94

Just heard, Roy is on three and a half a million a year!

Makes you laugh, "lack of English talent". Bollocks. Costa Rica has a population half the size of London! They have fuck all talent as well. Problem is in the FA's mentality. Seems to me Keegan's the only English person who matters on the national scene with any idea of how talent is actually developed. Play for fun and let the game be the teacher. Hopefully this will prompt radical changes in the game.