SAS to SOS?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No, no, no, no.

Remember why you were so happy that Fat c*** Mike bought him out in the first place? Because he was a s**** chairman who was running the club into the gutter. Just because he wasn't as good as Mike at doing this, doesn't mean we should want him back. Settling for bringing FFS back would be like being happy about Dyer coming back as he's better than R.Taylor.

The point in bold.

Do anyone really think he'll stop dipping his fingers into the till?

People need to realise that we would have ended up in a simiar mess under Shepherd.

Ashley might have completely fucked up, but at least he's left us debt free.

Don't want Shepherd within a million miles of the place.

It's just rumour that's never gone away. A few sources have now reported this Shepherd/Shearer meeting now too.

I think that has got to be the biggest piece of bull since Jordan insisted her boobs were real.

No, no, no, no.

Remember why you were so happy that Fat c*** Mike bought him out in the first place? Because he was a s**** chairman who was running the club into the gutter. Just because he wasn't as good as Mike at doing this, doesn't mean we should want him back. Settling for bringing FFS back would be like being happy about Dyer coming back as he's better than R.Taylor.

The point in bold.

People need to realise that we would have ended up in a simiar mess under Shepherd.

Ashley might have completely fucked up, but at least he's left us debt free.

Yep, being debt free is great. We just so happened to be relegated of course, but never mind that. :lol:

Facts are they're both shit in their own way. We probably need someone who's not either of them.

No, no, no, no.

The point in bold.

Ashley might have completely f***ed up, but at least he's left us debt free.

Yep, being debt free is great. We just so happened to be relegated of course, but never mind that. :lol:

Facts are they're both s*** in their own way. We probably need someone who's not either of them.

Don't get me wrong Dave, I'm not trying to support Ashley. I just think that either way, with either bloke, we would have ended up in a right fucking mess.

To make positives out of Shepherd's reign, just because Ashley has done this is nonsense.

Shepherd should not even be allowed to be linked to the club.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I'd rather wave my cock around in a tub of nitro glycerin and then shove it in a blender than have that fat cunt back in charge.

i'd definitely take Shepherd. he's not great and has plenty of flaws, but we also had some successes in his time here and i think he would be well placed to take us up and re-establish us in the top flight. i'd support him in defeatist 'lesser of two evils' way, he's probably not going to recreate his good times with keegan or robson, but he's also highly unlikely to be as bad as Ashley.

more importantly it would be nice to have something happen quickly so that next season isn't completely sabotaged, despite Ashley's wishes.

No, no, no, no.

The point in bold.

Facts are they're both s*** in their own way. We probably need someone who's not either of them.

Don't get me wrong Dave, I'm not trying to support Ashley. I just think that either way, with either bloke, we would have ended up in a right fucking mess.

To make positives out of Shepherd's reign, just because Ashley has done this is nonsense.

Shepherd should not even be allowed to be linked to the club.

:nods:

IF he's learnt anything then yes, ok; if not he's just another disaster in waiting.

Hard to see Shearer and Shepherd lasting the distance though. Shepherd once called Shearer a 'Mary Poppins', I'm sure you all remember, but nothing could have been further from the truth and it only served to confirm Shepherd's naivety and crassness. Personally can't see a Shepherd/Shearer partnership lasting more than 2 or 3 seasons unless everything is going very well on the pitch.

IF he's learnt anything then yes, ok; if not he's just another disaster in waiting.

Hard to see Shearer and Shepherd lasting the distance though. Shepherd once called Shearer a 'Mary Poppins', I'm sure you all remember, but nothing could have been further from the truth and it only served to confirm Shepherd's naivety and crassness. Personally can't see a Shepherd/Shearer partnership lasting more than 2 or 3 seasons unless everything is going very well on the pitch.

If we have any manager for 2 or 3 whole seasons, I'll be thrilled.

The problem is if he gets back into the club the second time, it'll be impossible to get rid of him if it goes tits up again. with him it'll be a step back further in the shit. No thanks!. It's time to move forward not backwards.

That would just put us back even more, the whole thing with Ashley sucks but we needed to get out of Shepard from the start of it, we just ended up with an even worse owner, doesn't mean we need someone like Shepard just because we are in the s*** now.

We need a new owner and not someone who has already failed.

No thanks.

Agree totally - don't give a damn whether Shearer talks with him or not ; would rather have a different manager under more credible ownership than have Shepherd just because Shearer would accept him.

No, no, no, no.

The point in bold.

Will never know but could always have ended up relegated AND deep in debt.

Depends on which FS we get; the ambitious one making good appointments (SBR) on a realistic plan or the "Geordie Nation"/ "Pigs" / "Stupid Fans" cretin type who then squandered money while taking plenty for himself and his family.

Towards the end of his tenure he had lost the plot completely.

Can this club afford a third spell of poor ownership? Can we afford NOT to replace Ashley ASAP? The answer to both those questions is no.

But if it's a choice of Ashley or Shepherd, then Shepherd is the lesser of two evils, without a shadow of a doubt.

If that's our choice then we are really f*cked. But if we don't get rid of Ashley soon this club will totally implode. There's nobody running it, no manager, not even a pre-season friendly organised. ANY kind of stability is welcome right now, the club is falling behind by the day.

If bringing Shepherd in means bringing some short term stability to the club, then it may not only be our best option but our only option right now. Just having an owner who will run the club in any capacity, a manager who can buy and sell players and prepare our pre-season, will make a huge difference.

If I found out tomorrow we have an owner (albeit Shepherd) and a manager (Shearer) I'd honestly feel relief because at least we'll be back in business. Right now we are effectively ownerless, managerless, we are in freefall.

Will never know but could always have ended up relegated AND deep in debt.

Well most Premiership clubs are run on borrowed money these days, very few are operating within their profits. Also, we should bear in mind it was certainly in Ashley's interests to exaggerate about the state of the club's finances when he arrived. This is the same man who believed a few months ago we could finish 6th this season, the same man who bought the club without even looking at the books, and put his mates in charge of running it. During his rant Ashley said he'd cleared our debt, yet it turns out this wasn't even true.

Truth is, as insanely badly as he's run this club, a 0-0 draw would still have seen us survive on the final day. So I have little doubt that under any other owner (the Premiership has never seen incompetence on the level of Ashley) we'd have done enough to stay up. Even under Roeder, when we were missing up to 15 players for some games, we still stayed up with about 5 points to spare.

My worry is also some of the decisions he made not just his control of funds. This is the man who employed Souness, sacked Bobby, hired Roeder full time after his stint as caretaker and hired Fat Sam. He listens to the fans to much and sacks to quickly.

dont mind shepherd back as long as he isnt the chairman.  IF hes part of a consortium who are willing to invest money in the club, then we can afford a bit of his leeching from the club in about 5years time.

DOnt want fat fred making decisons, he proved he hasnt got the ability for long term planning.

My worry is also some of the decisions he made not just his control of funds. This is the man who employed Souness, sacked Bobby, hired Roeder full time after his stint as caretaker and hired Fat Sam. He listens to the fans to much and sacks to quickly.

His decisions from Sir Bobby onwards were almost all shocking, and his running of the club was always short-termist, with little investment in the youth set-up, neglect for areas of the squad (we rarely had more than 6 defenders), poor scouting, little patience with managers, and a reliance on agents to buy players late in the transfer window (largely as a result of poor scouting). He's a poor chairman, there's no doubt about it.

But he's a chairman and right now there's effectively noone running the club, and no manager. We're already way behind schedule for next season, to have any owner and any manager in charge would put us back in business and give us a chance to compete with our division rivals. If we can get our sh*t together quickly we might give ourselves a fighting chance of getting out of the division. If we don't we may well be down the other end of the table looking over our shoulders. With no organisation, players who want out and don't care, spiralling debt because players weren't moved on, it could get out of control. We have no choice but to think short-term because the club is in freefall, so Freddy's lack of long-term planning pales into insignificance when you look at the prospect of another month or longer with nobody running the club.