Would you give Freddy a fresh start?

Dave

FFS is a total cunt of the highest order, and shouldn't even be allowed in the city; the thought of him anywhere near the helm of the club shits me right up.

Yes, we were in the CL for a little while, but that was much more down to bobby/kk/shearer than anything FFS did.  The spending required was unsustainable and I see it as being paid for, in effect, by Ashley when he cleared debts.  In all honesty, FFS lucked out by accidently appointing bobby *against his better judgement*.

Yes, it was Ashley's watch when we were relegated, but it only capped the sad, inevitable decline started by FFS all those years ago when he sacked bobby at the wrong time.  Then the arrogant, clueless fuck compounded his error with - and these names should be branded to his fucking head - souness, roeder, allardyce.  Each name is further proof, if it were needed, that he shouldn't be let within sight of SJP, the same as our relegation is a mark of shame for us and for Ashley, so the team is post bobby.

This is to say nothing of the further misdemeanours he perpetrated: the shameless, facile nepotism; the bullying of the press and the fanzines; the Geordie Nation shite; the horrific love of the limelight; the wage bill, funded by debt; all the rumoured (ha!) financial shenanigans which he allegedly (ha!) personally profited from.

All you who say you'd welcome him back, you're like beaten wives who fondly remember the one screaming orgasm you had all those years ago on your wedding night, but not the daily rape or beatings you suffered for years after, or the fact he mortgaged your house and gambled away the money, until you kicked his no good ass to the kerb, only to take up with a shit craic accountant who paid off your debt but made you move to Sunderland.  You can still work hard, get some cash together and move back to the toon, but any more rape, and who the fuck knows?

Rant (and dodgy analogy) over.  Piece said.

well shearer feels shepherd would be best for the club, and we know he has the club's best interests at heart.....so maybe fat freddy is the lesser of two/three/four evils. i dont think its a selfish thing either, cos i'd reckon they'd all want shearer as manager anyway.

Guest firetotheworks

So would this suggestion that Shearer would prefer to work with Shepherd (source) change anybody's mind?

Not until I hear it from Shearer. Tbh, Im not sure why that makes it a better option when Im still not completely sure why Shearer is the answer. I'll roll with it though.

Not until I hear it from Shearer.

Direct quotes from Shearer would be interesting, or this means nothing at all.

Fair enough, it's not like anything reported lately has been 100% accurate. It was in a few different places that Shearer and Shepherd had met to discuss the plans though - I doubt that would happen if Shearer wasn't interested. Wonder if he's met with any other interested party?

After everything, I can see why Shearer wuold be comfortable working with people he knows. The same reason many supporters would, if not be overjoyed, not object to FFS: at least you know what you're going to get.

Do I trust Shepherd to try everything possible to make this club as good as possible? Yes I do.

Do I think Shepherd has the resources to let that happen? We'd have to wait and see.

Do I trust Shepherd to not make a complete buffoon of himself in the media? No, but that doesn't usually matter.

Do I think Shepherd can learn from his past mistakes to do with footballing matters? He's going to need a fresh start for us to find out.

So would this suggestion that Shearer would prefer to work with Shepherd (source) change anybody's mind?

It won't change my mind about Shepherd - I still think he's the last person I'd want to see back.

Shearer on the other hand would appear to be stringing the lot of us along with his 'negotiations' with Ashley.

Cue another 100 page thread where no blame whatsoever gets apportioned to shearer

It won't change my mind about Shepherd - I still think he's the last person I'd want to see back.

Shearer on the other hand would appear to be stringing the lot of us along with his 'negotiations' with Ashley.

Cue another 100 page thread where no blame whatsoever gets apportioned to shearer

Stringing us along? I don't follow.

Look at the mega thread about it.

90% of the posters blame Ashley for not sorting this mess out after the season has finished.

Shearer gets no blame at all (or very little)

Meanwhile time passes by and we still don't have a manager in place.

A pathetic situation I'm sure you'll agree.

If FFS and Shearer end up as chairman and manager I would be mighty suspicious.

IMO they both should have left the club years ago

Look at the mega thread about it.

90% of the posters blame Ashley for not sorting this mess out after the season has finished.

Shearer gets no blame at all (or very little)

Meanwhile time passes by and we still don't have a manager in place.

A pathetic situation I'm sure you'll agree.

If FFS and Shearer end up as chairman and manager I would be mighty suspicious.

IMO they both should have left the club years ago

They did, didn't they?

^Yes - in both cases years after they had ceased to add anything to the club.

What exactly has Shearer done except get assurances about the owners intentions - which was to sell.

As he is selling what is the point in appointing a manager?? how can you possibly blame Shearer when.. essentially.. you know fuck all about it, you just for some weird reason WANT to blame Shearer

What exactly has Shearer done except get assurances about the owners intentions - which was to sell.

As he is selling what is the point in appointing a manager?? how can you possibly blame Shearer when.. essentially.. you know f*** all about it, you just for some weird reason WANT to blame Shearer

He bought the club with a manager it seems the least he could do would be to QUICKLY appoint one before any more time is lost.

Also can you think of a club that was sold without a manager being in place?

Guest westamfan

Read in the Daily Mail yesterday, Brian Reade i think his name is, he tried to blame Freddy for NUFC's current situation not asking 'hard questions'.

Made me chuckle that.

The bloke can't win.

As he is selling what is the point in appointing a manager?? how can you possibly blame Shearer when.. essentially.. you know f*** all about it, you just for some weird reason WANT to blame Shearer

He bought the club with a manager it seems the least he could do would be to QUICKLY appoint one before any more time is lost.

Also can you think of a club that was sold without a manager being in place?

No but i would think that most consortium's would have their own ideas about who they would like to see manage the team.

Ashley knows this, he didn't want Big Sam there when he took over did he now?

^It could take another month before any takeover is complete.

We need a manager now before we lose any more time on our competitors next season.

By all accounts both interested parties want Shearer as manager anyway so why not appoint him to get on with the job?

Ashley and Llambias were 110% certain they wanted Shearer even when they knew the intention to sell so what's the hold up?

As for Allardyce being our manager when the takeover happened I see that as standard practice. Most companies that are taken over have the management structure altered sooner or later.

We need a manager now before we lose any more time on our competitors next season.

By all accounts both interested parties want Shearer as manager anyway so why not appoint him to get on with the job?

Ashley and Llambias were 110% certain they wanted Shearer even when they knew the intention to sell so what's the hold up?

As for Allardyce being our manager when the takeover happened I see that as standard practice. Most companies that are taken over have the management structure altered sooner or later.

What makes you think they were 110% certain?

Even during Shearers reign we were getting sound-bites Kinnear will definitely be back.. Look how pissed off Llambias is at Shearer's press conference it didn't look like he supported him there.

That statement at the end of the season could be seen as merely masking the disappointment of relegation and trying to appease the fans.

What makes you think they were 110% certain?

Even during Shearers reign we were getting sound-bites Kinnear will definitely be back.. Look how pissed off Llambias is at Shearer's press conference it didn't look like he supported him there.

That statement at the end of the season could be seen as merely masking the disappointment of relegation and trying to appease the fans.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/26/alan-shearer-mike-ashley-newcastle

Amazed some people would give him the benefit of the doubt when it's obvious he doesn't learn from his mistakes. Sacking three managers within the first month of the season would indicate he never learns from his past errors!