Would you give Freddy a fresh start?

Dave

Umm..... Would we have a bloody choice?

If he does regain control we are going to have to go with him, if not only for this season. We are already so far behind the rest of league, Bin Laden could take over if it means a bit of stability and rebuilding.

Whatever happens it needs to happen Yesterday.

We'd have to really - at the minute we're in a position where we'd be asked if we prefered AIDs or decapitation really.  As much as I hate the Ashley regime, if he'd taken on board the mistakes he made and at least been looking to be making amends for them next season I wouldn't have had any comlplaints. 

We would just have to hope that Fred had sat back over the past two years and realised where he went wrong the last time he was in charge if he did come back.

Guest Joe90

FS is a charmless vain narcissistic voyeuristic deluded egotist with the hump on - and that's on a good day. On a scale of fuck the right off he's a niner going on max. Then again if he's got a couple of lesbian billionaires in his back pocket...

Yes. If he gets back in the hot seat there is no point of being negative towards him from the start , it will just not help at all. Still, wont forget a few things he's done but willing to see what he will do.

This basically.  Have to give him a fresh start for the sake of the club.

Yes - Shepherd was a c*** (probably still is) BUT deep down i believe he wants the best for us - he would like to see us succeed, obviously he went about it the wrong way previously as chairman and i was glad to see the back of him.

BUT Ashley is vile, scum of the highest order - he has been a nightmare. Cudnt have imagined he would be this bad

Shepherd would certainly spend money and give Shearer the backing required to get us back in the Premiership. Also granted we spent daft money of players under Shepherd i reckon with Shearer in charge things would be different so i would take Shepherd back. I would be delighted more cos Ashley has gone rather than Shepherd is back

Obviously it would be better if a multi billionaire russian/arab bought us BUT thats just dreamland stuff - we are newcastle united, dreams like that dont happen in reality  :-[ :-[

Guest saintscoobz

He got us into this mess years ago by sacking Sir Bobby so no

very true, sacking bobby at that stage was an absolute travesty.

Guest neesy111

anyone who appoints graeme souness and give's him a shit load of money after driving away our best players, shouldn't be allowed to run any football club not even our's

I'd give him the benefit of doubt, but won't go further than that. I'd be worried all the time with him in charge like, considering what he's done before. He's the second worst alternative after Ashley, can't believe some actually wants him back.

Yes - Shepherd was a c*** (probably still is) BUT deep down i believe he wants the best for us - he would like to see us succeed, obviously he went about it the wrong way previously as chairman and i was glad to see the back of him.

BUT Ashley is vile, scum of the highest order - he has been a nightmare. Cudnt have imagined he would be this bad

Shepherd would certainly spend money and give Shearer the backing required to get us back in the Premiership. Also granted we spent daft money of players under Shepherd i reckon with Shearer in charge things would be different so i would take Shepherd back. I would be delighted more cos Ashley has gone rather than Shepherd is back

Obviously it would be better if a multi billionaire russian/arab bought us BUT thats just dreamland stuff - we are newcastle united, dreams like that dont happen in reality  :-[ :-[

The ONLY reasons he will want us to succeed will be for his own ego and to fill his bank account.

Just out of interest, how much money will Sheperd have invested in the club as opposed to Ashley if this were to happen?

Probably less than ever supporter on here.

The real question is, how much did he take out of the club?

People seem to forget:

He regularly threatened websites who were against him.

He did the same to the local journo's who opposed him and TBF Luke Edwards and Neil Farrington must take the credit for that.

He initially tried to shut down some of the fanzines, until he realised he couldn't.

As stated above, he took more money out than he invested.

He embarrassed us at an international level.

He went behind the managers back, as has been documented and signed players.

He was far to involved with agents, even his prick of a son had an office at SJP.

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure if I really tried to think I could easily double the size of the list.

Anyone who wants him back would be like choosing AIDS over Ebola.

NO.

I'd give him the benefit of doubt, but won't go further than that. I'd be worried all the time with him in charge like, considering what he's done before. He's the second worst alternative after Ashley, can't believe some actually wants him back.

Third, and thats the sad thing about this situation :(

The ONLY reasons he will want us to succeed will be for his own ego and to fill his bank account.

Just out of interest, how much money will Sheperd have invested in the club as opposed to Ashley if this were to happen?

Probably less than ever supporter on here.

The real question is, how much did he take out of the club?

People seem to forget:

He regularly threatened websites who were against him.

He did the same to the local journo's who opposed him and TBF Luke Edwards and Neil Farrington must take the credit for that.

He initially tried to shut down some of the fanzines, until he realised he couldn't.

As stated above, he took more money out than he invested.

He embarrassed us at an international level.

He went behind the managers back, as has been documented and signed players.

He was far to involved with agents, even his prick of a son had an office at SJP.

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure if I really tried to think I could easily double the size of the list.

Anyone who wants him back would be like choosing AIDS over Ebola.

NO.

So be it - if we succeed then who cares whether its due to ego or some other reason

Im not too sure whether its purely about money since there are far better investments to make

End of the day Ashley is a fucking cunt of the highest order - Shepherd is undoubtedly a cunt too BUT certainly lesser of the two evils

The amount of money Shephard took out of the club was by no means a small sum, and he never actually risked his own bank account in the process (on the contrary, I would not be in the least bit surprised if he made a real killing out of us) - in fairness to Mike, he's taken a bigger financial loss than the combined income of NO's membership, in all likelihood. So, why the hell are people painting FS out to be some sort of saviour/saint, and Mike some kind of devil whose only purpose in life was to make all of us miserable?

The amount of money Shephard took out of the club was by no means a small sum, and he never actually risked his own bank account in the process (on the contrary, I would not be in the least bit surprised if he made a real killing out of us) - in fairness to Mike, he's taken a bigger financial loss than the combined income of NO's membership, in all likelihood. So, why the hell are people painting FS out to be some sort of saviour/saint, and Mike some kind of devil whose only purpose in life was to make all of us miserable?

You reckon? :lol: :lol:

Maybe cos Mike has made us all bloody miserable despite having many opportunities to prevent that

Oh well, that's OK then, the lesser of two evils. FFS.

Nobody said it was okay BUT thats life

Being relegated isnt ideal nor what we wanted BUT thats to Ashley its what has happened

If its a choice between keeping Ashley or Fred returning then i would gladly take Fred back

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah I would, because it would be unhealthy if everyone held a grudge from the start. I dont trust him, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, mainly because I absolutely have to. If this stuff about him being an employee to the consortium and being as accountable for problems as anyone then there's a good chance he'll do well, because he wouldnt be able to get away with the shit he did the last time.

I'll never forget the shit he brought upon us, but he now has the chance to gain some ground in popularity by sorting this mess out.

I'd be fucking horrified if Fat Fred returned. His mismanagement of this club is the reason we're in the shit in the first place. He did nothing whilst here but get us into debt and line the pockets of himself and his friends and family.

Anyone wanting him back must have shit for brains.