Would you give Freddy a fresh start?

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

This argument of people being 'quick to forget' is absolutely awful. Exactly who do you lot think you are? Memory Lords or something?

This argument of people being 'quick to forget' is absolutely awful. Exactly who do you lot think you are? Memory Lords or something?

Beggars can't be choosers...anyone that can get the cancer that is Mike Ashley,gets my backing for now.

If he does come back I'm assuming he's working for the consortium (not a member but an employee) as such it will be up to those people to make sure he doesn't skim cash from the club etc.  If these people know their business he won't get a chance to fuck up or fuck up as much. If this is the scenario then I would grudgingly welcome him back. Otherwise I don't want him anywhere near the place but he's still better than Ashley.

In conclusion  :facepalm:

In what way is it an awful argument? Those keen to have him back will all be moaning about him as soon as the old tricks start again.

If you think we'd not all be in here having the same whinges and moans about Shepherd after 6 months of his second tenure then you're hugely optimistic. He's not intelligent enough to have reflected on his tenure and learnt anything imo. A leopard can't change it's spots.

The argument stands, just because Ashley is shite, we should not forget the sense of relief most fans had when he'd stitched the fat bastard up whilst he was on his back in hospital.

No one can be sure, one thing in going his way is Shearer.  Weve always done well with someone who knows the club and the city (not saying for one minute shearer is nailed on to do well with us)  A true test would be if Shearer doesn;t take the job or Shearer leaves in the future leaving Fred to think of a new manager.

Thinking about it he may start out like he's turned over a new leaf but I think his ego will take over at some point.

The relief I felt when he had gone lasttime makes me not want to see him here again and I think it would be a mistake.

We can do better i'm sure of it even in our sorry state.

Guest firetotheworks

In what way is it an awful argument? Those keen to have him back will all be moaning about him as soon as the old tricks start again.

If you think we'd not all be in here having the same whinges and moans about Shepherd after 6 months of his second tenure then you're hugely optimistic. He's not intelligent enough to have reflected on his tenure and learnt anything imo. A leopard can't change it's spots.

The argument stands, just because Ashley is s****, we should not forget the sense of relief most fans had when he'd stitched the fat b****** up whilst he was on his back in hospital.

Well done for completely changing the subject. My point is that no one has forgotten what he was like. And saying that we have reaks of pompous, self satisfied assumption.

The argument stands, just because Ashley is s****, we should not forget the sense of relief most fans had when he'd stitched the fat b****** up whilst he was on his back in hospital.

Well done for completely changing the subject. My point is that no one has forgotten what he was like. And saying that we have reaks of pompous, self satisfied assumption.

I'd rather be pompous and self satisfied than have amnesia bonnie lad.

Then I can't understand why you would want him.

Do you honestly think he has changed or has the ability to change.

You need to think about what motivates people like that. One clue: it's not making other people happy.

Guest firetotheworks

Then I can't understand why you would want him.

Do you honestly think he has changed or has the ability to change.

You need to think about what motivates people like that. One clue: it's not making other people happy.

There is a difference between wanting, and giving someone a fresh start. I dont want him, but if we end up with him I wont be looking for the first opportunity to slate him. If everyone were like that then we'd have no chance of making it a success. If he fucks up, or if he's a success then I'll take it as it comes, but I wont be singing his praises or calling him a failure, until theres a new reason to do so. My opinion on this isn't exactly based on a preference, in fact its almost entirely influenced by the situation that we find ourselves in.

At the end of the day, we as fans have little say in the matter. Personally I'm not overly excited by his possible return, and you have to be a little sceptical at the way he let things slide towards the end of his reign. He did do some things right though it would be churlish to say otherwise. 

I just hope that whoever takes over wraps things up quickly and starts to rebuild this club in a sensible manner.

1. Whatever Shepherd may have done during his time in charge should be irrelevant now. It doesn't matter anymore, the club now is not the same one he sold 2 years ago. If he were to take charge again he should be given a clean slate from which to rebuild us up again. A clean slate is needed from both the club and the fans because something just hasn't felt right these past few years, almost as if we were poisoned from the core.

2. Shepherd is lifelong fan of this club, and as such would not accept failure. He would do everything he could to try and make the club successful, which is all he ever wanted during his first spell.

3. The dream scenario is Shepherd being employed by, and working with, somebody else's money. This way his desires and ambition is controlled by somebody with a sharper knowledge of financial stability.

4. He knows what the fans want, and that is Alan Shearer. Shearer would not tolerate anyone making transfer decisions for him, or interferring in footballing matters. Shepherd would certainly keep his nose out, otherwise Alan would protest loudly.

1. Whatever Shepherd may have done during his time in charge should be irrelevant now. It doesn't matter anymore, the club now is not the same one he sold 2 years ago. If he were to take charge again he should be given a clean slate from which to rebuild us up again. A clean slate is needed from both the club and the fans because something just hasn't felt right these past few years, almost as if we were poisoned from the core.

2. Shepherd is lifelong fan of this club, and as such would not accept failure. He would do everything he could to try and make the club successful, which is all he ever wanted during his first spell.

3. The dream scenario is Shepherd being employed by, and working with, somebody else's money. This way his desires and ambition is controlled by somebody with a sharper knowledge of financial stability.

4. He knows what the fans want, and that is Alan Shearer. Shearer would not tolerate anyone making transfer decisions for him, or interferring in footballing matters. Shepherd would certainly keep his nose out, otherwise Alan would protest loudly.

Stopped reading there.

Most of this forum begged we gave Ashley another chance to get it right, so i think it's very fair to give Freddy a fresh start.

He has been in the game along time, knows the club inside out, will invest in the team and back managers.

I'm not quite sure what kind of sick dreams you have but you do realise that Shepherd was not the major shareholder the last time either. So in effect he was managing someone else's money back then too. It'll be no different this time round, he'll still have a sizable slice of the pie.

Guest fading star

I'd be f***ing horrified if Fat Fred returned. His mismanagement of this club is the reason we're in the s*** in the first place. He did nothing whilst here but get us into debt and line the pockets of himself and his friends and family.

Anyone wanting him back must have s*** for brains.

YES! Someone with a memory.

But no brain. NUFC’s financial position wasn’t great when Ashley ousted Shepherd, but we weren’t nailed on certainties for relegation. Shepherd would never have appointed JFK, and he’d never of chosen Wise over Keegan. Not that he’d have appointed him DoF in the first place. One more point last season and we’d have stayed up, a season of stability would have been enough to avoid the drop. It took Ashley’s idiocy to bring us to where we are now. Blaming Shepherd is plain stupid.

This debate is irrelevant unless Ashley significantly lowers his asking price, which he’s almost certainly not going to do. 

I'd be f***ing horrified if Fat Fred returned. His mismanagement of this club is the reason we're in the s*** in the first place. He did nothing whilst here but get us into debt and line the pockets of himself and his friends and family.

Anyone wanting him back must have s*** for brains.

YES! Someone with a memory.

But no brain. NUFC’s financial position wasn’t great when Ashley ousted Shepherd, but we weren’t nailed on certainties for relegation. Shepherd would never have appointed JFK, and he’d never of chosen Wise over Keegan. Not that he’d have appointed him DoF in the first place. One more point last season and we’d have stayed up, a season of stability would have been enough to avoid the drop. It took Ashley’s idiocy to bring us to where we are now. Blaming Shepherd is plain stupid.

This debate is irrelevant unless Ashley significantly lowers his asking price, which he’s almost certainly not going to do. 

Utter rubbish.

While JFK might be the bottom of the barrel, Souness and Allardyce weren't that far behind him when you look at this club.

Shepherd DID contribute to this mess, although he was obviously not to blame for it all.

I'm not aguing over who was worst, that is plain to see. What I'm saying is that Shepherd was not and will be no good for this club.

No. I would be disgusted. Can we not just get someone normal to buy us?

It says it all that Freddy STILL can't admit to his mistakes. He still tries to defend his ridiculous management every times he's interviewed.

Guest Stephen927

Would have to if he were to come back to the club. I want whats best for Newcastle United, Ashley is so bad that Shepherd looks like a much better option.