Would you give Freddy a fresh start?

Dave

I'm honestly missing your point there Chez.

I agree if we get competent owners who will appoint and back Shearer then we'll be happy. But is that not what the whole discussion is about?

That personalities dont matter to me, whether its fat Freddy, Rod Jane & Freddy, Bungle, the CEO of Greggs, Johnny Decker or Ant and Dec that end up in charge, all that matters right now is that they hand AS the job and let him get on with it.

I agree if we get competent owners who will appoint and back Shearer then we'll be happy. But is that not what the whole discussion is about?

That personalities dont matter to me, whether its fat Freddy, Rod Jane & Freddy, Bungle, the CEO of Greggs, Johnny Decker or Ant and Dec that end up in charge, all that matters right now is that they hand AS the job and let him get on with it.

You're right there, personalities don't matter to me either, my dislike of both Ashley and Shepherd are because of their actions.

Who gives a fuck who is in charge?

As long as the club is run with a modicum of footballing sense and the team gets off its arse and plays well enough to compete at the top end of the championship next season, i'll be happy.

For far too long this club has been divided by petty partisan loyalties, infected by personal prejudices and irrational criteria for deeming the direction of the club satisfactory.

If Shearer is the right man to take us forward (those 8 games werent enough) and the new owners put him in charge and back him to the best of their financial and administrative ability, they can be aliens for all i fucking care.

Some sanity at last.

We need to get going and get some direction asap.

You're right there, personalities don't matter to me either, my dislike of both Ashley and Shepherd are because of their actions.

You havent finished saying what you mean. You mean actions like saying all geordie women are dogs, taking money from the club or appointing muppets as managers?

For me, its the last bit thats important (the second was never big enough to materially make a difference) and this should be sorted since AS is the obvious choice.

If AS wasnt in the frame, then i would be concerned about who might be appointed under any new owner.

Well, a bit of all of those I suppose!

Mainly taking money from the club, appointing the wrong managers and allowing them to waste the club's money and generally getting us into too much debt chasing his dreams. Got to admit though, his personality doesn't exactly help!

In the short term you're right, the manager issue is taken care of. But we'd better hope the Shearer experiment works out because we know what Freddy does if not.

I know what you are saying - time is of the essence, but in my opinion one of the worse decisions we could make would to be to rush into letting just anyone have the club, because we need to start training tomorrow.

It was shit, un thought out decisions that got us in this mess:

FFS - Sack Bobby

FFS - Hire Souness

FFS- Hire Roeder

FFS- Hire Fat Sam

MA- Sack Fat Sam

MA- Hire Keegan

MA- Sack Keegan

MA- Sell Club

MA - Don't sell club

MA - JFK

MA- Sell Club

MA- Dont Sell Club

MA- Relegate and sell club

We need to make a proper, informed, sensible decision, with an eye on the future of the club, not just get him in again because we need some training sessions now and maybe a couple of players.

I agree we will be royally screwed for next season if we allow the micky mouse coaches to prepare the team, and I think we will lose some important players until the club has direction and stability, but getting FFS back is not the right thing to do. In my opinion.

Ultimately the only person having a say and making this decision is Mike Ashley, which doesn't bode well.

I know what you are saying - time is of the essence, but in my opinion one of the worse decisions we could make would to be to rush into letting just anyone have the club, because we need to start training tomorrow.

It was s***, un thought out decisions that got us in this mess:

FFS - Sack Bobby

FFS - Hire Souness

FFS- Hire Roeder

FFS- Hire Fat Sam

MA- Sack Fat Sam

MA- Hire Keegan

MA- Sack Keegan

MA- Sell Club

MA - Don't sell club

MA - JFK

MA- Sell Club

MA- Dont Sell Club

We need to make a proper, informed, sensible decision, with an eye on the future of the club, not just get him in again because we need some training sessions now and maybe a couple of players.

I agree we will be royally screwed for next season if we allow the micky mouse coaches to prepare the team, and I think we will lose some important players until the club has direction and stability, but getting FFS back is not the right thing to do. In my opinion.

Ultimately the only person having a say and making this decision is Mike Ashley, which doesn't bode well.

At least there was some logic behind all of FS's decisions. 

FFS - Sack Bobby

FFS - Hire Souness

FFS- Hire Roeder

FFS- Hire Fat Sam

MA- Sack Fat Sam

MA- Hire Keegan

MA- Sack Keegan

MA- Sell Club

MA - Don't sell club

MA - JFK

MA- Sell Club

MA- Dont Sell Club

Logic!!! what logic!. Other to cater to is own self importance.

FFS - Sack Bobby

FFS - Hire Souness

FFS- Hire Roeder

FFS- Hire Fat Sam

MA- Sack Fat Sam

MA- Hire Keegan

MA- Sack Keegan

MA- Sell Club

MA - Don't sell club

MA - JFK

MA- Sell Club

MA- Dont Sell Club

Explain the logic behind not providing any money for new players the summer before Partizan, while at the same time finding £8.5 million in dividend payments.

FFS - Sack Bobby

FFS - Hire Souness

FFS- Hire Roeder

FFS- Hire Fat Sam

MA- Sack Fat Sam

MA- Hire Keegan

MA- Sack Keegan

MA- Sell Club

MA - Don't sell club

MA - JFK

MA- Sell Club

MA- Dont Sell Club

Explain the logic behind not providing any money for new players the summer before Partizan, while at the same time finding £8.5 million in dividend payments.

Gah, i mean't the appointments.. that's why i quoted his post as it was a direct reply. 

FFS - Sack Bobby End of the season previous, results were well below par, started the season even worse.  With so much riding on that season needed a shake up

FFS - Hire Souness Squad discipline problems, some one who would sort that

FFS- Hire Roeder  An amazing run-in post Souness, deserved his chance

FFS- Hire Fat Sam  Without a lot of money to back him, rely on him his wheeling and dealing whilst pushing the club upwards.  Something he had experience of

MA- Sack Fat Sam

MA- Hire Keegan

MA- Sack Keegan

MA- Sell Club

MA - Don't sell club

MA - JFK

MA- Sell Club

MA- Dont Sell Club

Logic!!! what logic!. Other to cater to is own self importance.

Like i said SOME LOGIC.  There was some thought involved in the decisions it doesn't make them right...

FFS - Sack Bobby

FFS - Hire Souness

FFS- Hire Roeder

FFS- Hire Fat Sam

MA- Sack Fat Sam

MA- Hire Keegan

MA- Sack Keegan

MA- Sell Club

MA - Don't sell club

MA - JFK

MA- Sell Club

MA- Dont Sell Club

Gah, i mean't the appointments.. that's why i quoted his post as it was a direct reply. 

I beg your pardon. When you wrote "all of Freddie's decisions" I thought you meant "all of Freddie's decisions".

Now explain the logic behind appointing Souness.

FFS - Sack Bobby

FFS - Hire Souness

FFS- Hire Roeder

FFS- Hire Fat Sam

MA- Sack Fat Sam

MA- Hire Keegan

MA- Sack Keegan

MA- Sell Club

MA - Don't sell club

MA - JFK

MA- Sell Club

MA- Dont Sell Club

I beg your pardon. When you wrote "all of Freddie's decisions" I thought you meant "all of Freddie's decisions".

Now explain the logic behind appointing Souness.

All of Freddy's decisions that was listed by the person above me, perhaps i should of been clearer.

Funnily enough just answered that question too, just before.

DCMK excused Fat Fred's blunders by posting:

FFS - Sack Bobby End of the season previous, results were well below par, started the season even worse.  With so much riding on that season needed a shake up

FFS- Hire Fat Sam  Without a lot of money to back him, rely on him his wheeling and dealing whilst pushing the club upwards.  Something he had experience of

Are you NE5?

If you aren't how do the two of you manage to fit up his arse at the same time?

Are you NE5?

Well you made yourself look a bit of a dumbass..

I said there was logic behind his decisions, not that i supported them.  If your unclear of the difference just ask and I will clearly define them for ya.

Are you NE5?

I said there was logic behind his decisions, not that i supported them.  If your unclear of the difference just ask and I will clearly define them for ya.

Of course you aren't supporting his decisions.

Bobby - "With so much riding on that season needed a shake up" - well take a look at where we are now why don't you?

Hire Souness - "Squad discipline problems, some one who would sort that" - yeah he was the right man for the job wasn't he?

Hire Roeder -  "An amazing run-in post Souness, deserved his chance" - Amazing? - hardly the words of a neutral

Hire Fat Sam - "Without a lot of money to back him, rely on him his wheeling and dealing whilst pushing the club upwards.  Something he had experience of" - because no one else in football has the experience of Fat Sam

You can only put the first two down to logic if you swallow the line that Bobby had lost the dressing room.

The last two are blatant excuses no doubt about it.

Are you NE5?

Bobby - "With so much riding on that season needed a shake up" - well take a look at where we are now why don't you?

Hire Souness - "Squad discipline problems, some one who would sort that" - yeah he was the right man for the job wasn't he?

Hire Roeder -  "An amazing run-in post Souness, deserved his chance" - Amazing? - hardly the words of a neutral

Hire Fat Sam - "Without a lot of money to back him, rely on him his wheeling and dealing whilst pushing the club upwards.  Something he had experience of" - because no one else in football has the experience of Fat Sam

You can only put the first two down to logic if you swallow the line that Bobby had lost the dressing room.

Jesus wept, i said there was some logic not that i supported them, you cant tell the difference?? :doh:

I made the comparison between him and Ashley, that FFS actually put a 'little' thought into his appointments and not approach any name he remembered in the 90's...

Again.. to go over the points i have made.. hopefully this time you will 'get it'.

• I think the chairman of a club would know if there are problems in the dressing room, certainly more than a fan would tbh. Lets not forget half of our players were accused of rape and assault.  Dyer and Bellamy all showing coaching staff ill-discipline and when a team stops performing, needs to be a change.   logic here - needed someone who wouldnt stand for it

• How can you get rid of Glen Roeder when the guy is winning and showing top 4 sort of form and finishing in Europe, when we were languishing in 15th(?)  before he came.  the logic here - he earn't that contract by his result

• Fat Sam - no money available logic here - he got someone who didnt rely on money and can work on a tight budget

So what exactly do you not understand from all that is so unacceptable and that i MUST have my head up FFS arse?  Please enlighten me

EDIT:  I have just realised you responded to my post, about FFS decision making by judging it all on complete hindsight :lol:

My post wasn't looking upon the Souness era as a success, it was more the reasons behind WHY he chose him!  :facepalm:

I wrote:

DCMK replied:

I think the chairman of a club would know if there are problems in the dressing room, certainly more than a fan would tbh. Lets not forget half of our players were accused of rape and assault.  Dyer and Bellamy all showing coaching staff ill-discipline and when a team stops performing, needs to be a change.  logic here - needed someone who wouldnt stand for it

So you have swallowed that hook line and sinker.

Dyer should have been sacked for refusing to play for the team, instead he was given a much better contract after SBR left. I think it's fair to say Dyer had more influence than the manager in the hierachy of the club wouldn't you?

How can you get rid of Glen Roeder when the guy is winning and showing top 4 sort of form and finishing in Europe, when we were languishing in 15th(?)  before he came.  the logic here - he earn't that contract by his result

That's a far better way of saying it without using a loaded term like 'amazing' to describe his performance as caretaker.

Fat Sam - no money available logic here - he got someone who didnt rely on money and can work on a tight budget

Again the use of softer language helps reduce your bias. None of this shit about pushing the club upwards.

I wrote:

DCMK replied:

I think the chairman of a club would know if there are problems in the dressing room, certainly more than a fan would tbh. Lets not forget half of our players were accused of rape and assault.  Dyer and Bellamy all showing coaching staff ill-discipline and when a team stops performing, needs to be a change.   logic here - needed someone who wouldnt stand for it

So you have swallowed that hook line and sinker.

Dyer should have been sacked for refusing to play for the team, instead he was given a much better contract after SBR left. I think it's fair to say Dyer had more influence than the manager in the hierachy of the club wouldn't you?

I think at the end of the day, the chairmen knew more then any of us, and even us fans, well majority, thought SBR was a bit of a soft touch at the time and he had lost or was losing the dressing room.

So the appointment of a disciplinarian - something SBR - isn't really known for, to sort the dressing room out isn't the worst idea ever.  So if FFS did believe that, i can see the logic behind that appointment.

Any manager would struggle to keep a dressing room if he has no support from the hierachy.

Hence Dyer wasn't sacked (in fact he was rewarded with a new improved contract) and SBR wasn't backed up by the club's bosses in this instance.

I think Bobby had problems with Dyer and one other player and the 'lost the dressing room' story was generated (and leaked to the press to undermine him) after these two players were backed by the top men at the club.

Our problems started then (or more exactly during the previous 18 months when SBR was starved of funds in which to improve on our 3rd place finish)

The saddest thing was the disciplinarian we stole from a club lower than us in the premier league at the time was given £50 million to spunk away after all this.

Talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted

Are you NE5?

Jesus wept, i said there was some logic not that i supported them, you cant tell the difference?? :doh:

I made the comparison between him and Ashley, that FFS actually put a 'little' thought into his appointments and not approach any name he remembered in the 90's...

Again.. to go over the points i have made.. hopefully this time you will 'get it'.

• I think the chairman of a club would know if there are problems in the dressing room, certainly more than a fan would tbh. Lets not forget half of our players were accused of rape and assault.  Dyer and Bellamy all showing coaching staff ill-discipline and when a team stops performing, needs to be a change.   logic here - needed someone who wouldnt stand for it

• How can you get rid of Glen Roeder when the guy is winning and showing top 4 sort of form and finishing in Europe, when we were languishing in 15th(?)  before he came.  the logic here - he earn't that contract by his result

• Fat Sam - no money available logic here - he got someone who didnt rely on money and can work on a tight budget

So what exactly do you not understand from all that is so unacceptable and that i MUST have my head up FFS arse?  Please enlighten me

EDIT:  I have just realised you responded to my post, about FFS decision making by judging it all on complete hindsight :lol:

My post wasn't looking upon the Souness era as a success, it was more the reasons behind WHY he chose him!  :facepalm:

There would be more credibility here if Souness was the first choice and therefore part of a "masterplan". Don't think he was either of those tbh. He was in all probabilty second or third choice and about to be sacked by Blackburn. What followed him was a short spell when a journeyman manager (generous decription) was aided by a player who commanded huge respect from the dressing room and that combination got above average performances from some ordinary players.

The board members paid themselves well and as such needed to get management decisions right but they went with the soft and easy option of putting the journeyman in sole charge - wrong decision. Allardyce followed and was also wrong for the club. Defenders of these decisions always cry "hindsight" but when you are lifting £500k+ a year you have every right to be judged on hindsight or any other criteria.     

Are you NE5?

You can always argue that there is some kind of pattern or sense in something, the same arguements you make for Shepherd can also be made to fit any appointment Ashley has made. It doesn't make them any better, and there were many of us that said so when the decisions were made.

There was nothing logical about letting Robson hang like a dead duck by saying he would leave, then sack him after the season has started without a replacement lined up, then desparately going for a man only a handful of idiots welcomed.

There was nothing logical about sacking Souness so soon after throwing money at him, halfway through a season, without a replacement on the horizon.

There was nothing at all logical giving the job to a hopeless character like Roeder, unless sticking with the easy option of a dead in the water puppet rather than bringing in someone who could command some sort of respect from fans and players alike is logical for someone now lauded for having... 'ambition'.

There was little logic after these miserable fuckups to then bring in another unloved big mouthed British brute of a manager damned from day one by many for proving even less than Souness in his career other than a fancy facination with how many masseurs can fit in a function room, or how many miles James Milner may run in a day. Hopeless.

He was a shabby, egotistical chairman who criminally frittered away the clubs cash (that he didn't siphon off into his families pockets) on predictably poor managers and wasteful star signings that left our teams invariably unbalanced, and I'm sorry, but if he returns he will rightly have a lot to prove before many of us will back him again.

That is not something to look forward to when all most of us want at the moment is for the club to get a fresh start and to have some semblance of a united front again.