Supermac

sempuki

The trouble was he could only run in straight lines - I can remember once standing on the open east side and he got the ball over by the Directors box - but he was pointing ACROSS the field not DOWN it

He accelerated to Warp Factor 9 but he was heading straight for us,  he couldn't pass or stop so eventually he shot straight into the crowd at the last moment - all of who had their fist out in front of their face the moment they saw him coming so only half a dozen were laid out

Guest Brazilianbob

The trouble was he could only run in straight lines - I can remember once standing on the open east side and he got the ball over by the Directors box - but he was pointing ACROSS the field not DOWN it

He accelerated to Warp Factor 9 but he was heading straight for us,  he couldn't pass or stop so eventually he shot straight into the crowd at the last moment - all of who had their fist out in front of their face the moment they saw him coming so only half a dozen were laid out

As someone said he was as fast as an Olympic sprinter and all they do is run in straight lines.  Running any other way slows sprinters down.  As long as mac was facing their goal he was practically unstoppable once he got going

That's a good point. He was fast but not exactly nimble. A bit like a charging Rhino.

• 3 years later...

Wasn't it only last week he was saying how it's not Pardew's fault, he deserves another season etc?

I know the guy was one of finest players but when he speaks to the press he usually just says what the fans want him to say.

Guest Bert Shaft

When I was a manager...

When I was a player...

Fuckin loves himself and talks utter fuckin bollox on the legends show.

Are you sure you are on the right clubs forum!

:cheesy:

What the f*ck is it with dickheads on here slagging clubs hero's off.

Sad really, we dont win much as a fotball club but have still had some great players over the years.  Poeple are so quick to slag them off once theyve stopped playing.

Sad really, we dont win much as a fotball club but have still had some great players over the years.  Poeple are so quick to slag them off once theyve stopped playing.

:thup:

Guest Bert Shaft

People who are slagging him off on here, probably never saw him play live..

F*ck 'em.

My favourite memory of Supermac vs Burnley in 74

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/04/23/article-0-0033B11500000258-12_468x348.jpg