Supermac

sempuki

Guest firetotheworks

Sad really, we dont win much as a fotball club but have still had some great players over the years.  Poeple are so quick to slag them off once theyve stopped playing.

Tbf, slagging off someone's opinion doesn't mean you're slagging them off personally or as a footballer. I hated Gary Neville, now I think he's a generally very good pundit. I loved Shearer and I imagine plenty loved Supermac, but I think they both generally talk a basic game, or in Supermac's case, unmitigated crap.

Wasn't it only last week he was saying how it's not Pardew's fault, he deserves another season etc?

I know the guy was one of finest players but when he speaks to the press he usually just says what the fans want him to say.

When did he say that? ???

:lol:

Scary hand movements. To those going mental because people slag him off, they're not slagging off Supermac the footballer, they're slagging off the bloke they listen to on the radio or read in the papers. Anyone with even a basic knowledge of the history of NUFC would know he was an incredible footballer. Unfortunately he's more often than not talking absolute rubbish. It's hard to argue with him this time though. :thup:

Malcolm, the government has just launched plans for a 20% hike in taxation on alcohol.

http://i44.tinypic.com/235xle.jpg

:lol: I think we'd all look a bit like that.

Oi, SSR. The blokes been tee-total for a good few years now!

What is it with some of wor lot who love to stick the boot in to black and white legends? :thdn: :(

Bairns !

Yes, everyone under 40 is a bairn.  :rolleyes:

The guy wouldn't give two hoots about the club if he wasn't getting paid for it.

Oi, SSR. The blokes been tee-total for a good few years now!

What is it with some of wor lot who love to stick the boot in to black and white legends? :thdn: :(

Bairns !

Yes, everyone under 40 is a bairn.  :rolleyes:

The guy wouldn't give two hoots about the club if he wasn't getting paid for it.

I'm not old enough to remember his time as player (I'm 40) but he has always spoke about us with a real passion and you can tell he cares. Yes, he's a gobshite and always has been (the older lads will confirm it) but it doesn't give folk the right to stick the boot in, because their is no need. The alcohol problem came about with the serious knee injury that he got left with when he stopped playingl, so he was self-medicating the wrong way. PFA managed to get him a knee op and he's been clean ever since.

Looks at the blokes goals on you tube - the quality of the footballer is simply immense and that at a time when he had real competition for the England striker role.

Wasn't it only last week he was saying how it's not Pardew's fault, he deserves another season etc?

I know the guy was one of finest players but when he speaks to the press he usually just says what the fans want him to say.

When did he say that? ???

In one of the local papers.

didn't speak about us so passionately when he was manager of Fulham and was challenging Arthur Cox's team in the old division 2

Would you expect him to at that time?

just thought he could have been a bit more gracious. he'd only been gone 5 or 6 years and was still a hero to a lot of us.

Loving the passion there. Speaking like a true fan and he's spot on we absolutely have to do the job and just beat QPR simple as that.

That's what this club is all about, passion.

He's spot on and so right about the shower of shite running the club and managing the team. The players are not absolved of any blame because they have been fucking wank.  Either step up or fuck off.