Good things about football

Keefaz

That , despite the turmoil were in, i'm filled with excitement about a friendly to Darlo away and new season ahead.

me too, although i think its more a combination of  excitement and worry for the season ahead.....

Guest dazza

Match day pints before and after game with the lads, oh and getting lashed up on away games!!!

so getting pist really!!!!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

When players you dislike getting hit the bollocks or gut with a rocket shot, that always makes me smile and feel warm inside.

It gives you a sense of belonging, and pride, believe it or not. I'm certainly still proud of where i come from anyway, despite NUFCs' problems. My heart bulges with pride when an away end packed with toon fans are belting out songs together.

Certain goals are just ecstacy to celebrate.

Seeing footage of the ground full of people wearing the shirt or the scarves and knowing immediately that you have something in common. That's the main appeal of all sports for me.

Mostly because every team I support loses all the time. (Saved you the effort, Shak.)

Being hundreds, if not thousands of miles from home, seeing someone wearing your home towns top and immediately assuming they are part of your friend or family network just because they love the same team you do.

Away games.

That is all.

Yes when we win,  nothing worse than a having a great day out, then getting stuffed and travelling back for 3-4 hours mulling over another defeat,  can't say i enjoyed the likes of Blackburn, Bolton and Villa last season yet until the kick off i was having a great time!!

I beg to differ. When going to an away game, you expect to be beaten as a Newcastle fan. Therefore, despite the 90minutes being dissappointing, the trip back is always good too.

When players you dislike getting hit the bollocks or gut with a rocket shot, that always makes me smile and feel warm inside.

When Robert blasted the ball into Bernard's head and he staggered around before collapsing :lol:

Or was it the other way round?