SSN: £10m offer from Spurs for Sebastien Bassong rejected

Crumpy Gunt

Bassong's worth more than £10m imo. Mind you, I'm judging that on Glen Johnson being worth £17m so there's not realistically enough money in football to buy Bassong. Probably not the best comparison to make (Olivier Bernard and his hip are still worth a good £8m on that sliding scale).

Agree. It's impossible to know what any player is "worth" any more. Still can't help feeling that 10 mill is a hell of a lot for a player who hasn't really done any more than show that he might be as good as Distin or Dunne one day...

Anyway, Levy generally eats other chairmen for breakfast so he's not exactly going to be intimidated by Ashley....

OK, not mentioning any conspiracy theories here, but I read yeaterday on one of the blogs that the takeover was happening early this week and Beckford from Leeds and Kaboul from Spurs were as good as signed already.

Just a suggestion that if the above is true, part of the Bassong deal to Spurs involves the transfer of Kaboul to us.

Just a thought.

OK, not mentioning any conspiracy theories here, but I read yeaterday on one of the blogs that the takeover was happening early this week and Beckford from Leeds and Kaboul from Spurs were as good as signed already.

Just a suggestion that if the above is true, part of the Bassong deal to Spurs involves the transfer of Kaboul to us.

Just a thought.

Kaboul plays for Portsmouth though.

It's also based on Glen Johnson having just signed a long-term contract, whereas Bassong has just one left.

Very good point I forgot about that, crazy to get more than £10m for him.

Just a thought.

Spurs sold Kaboul to Portsmouth a year ago.

Guest frazernufc

Just a thought.

Kaboul plays for Portsmouth so it cant be true, i wouldnt want him anyway he looks turd.

10 millions is a great offer surpised it wasn't accpeted but could get a bit more if Man City, Spurs, Everton and Arsenal are actually interested

I think Ashley's hoping that Everton keep on turning down City's bids for Lescott in the hope City come in for Bassong. Then he can squeeze them just like we did for Giv..... oh....

No time or money to replace him no youth player to take his place and the same with Beye so both should be told to get on with their jobs as they WILL NOT be sold.

But then he'll just sulk and go on a free next summer, he must be sold whilst we can still get an excellent price for him

I'd want £15m at the very minimum, with clauses inserted to bring the deal up to £20m or more if he does well.

He's not worth that, but this is a young centreback (22 compared with e.g. Lescott who's 26, or Haageland who's 28) with everything in his locker to be an excellent defender at the higher levels, having just had a good debut season in the Premiership. The two positions that all good teams are always reluctant to sell their players in are the goalkeeping positions and centreback positions, and the price needs to reflect this, as opposed to reflecting our bitterness at being relegated. We know first hand how difficult it can be to find a good, Premiership calibre centreback with intelligence, composure and physique in his game, at a good age with suitable top flight experience, and a reliable fitness record. So take the suitors to the cleaners if they want him.

I'd want £15m at the very minimum, with clauses inserted to bring the deal up to £20m or more if he does well.

He's not worth that, but this is a young centreback (22 compared with e.g. Lescott who's 26, or Haageland who's 28) with everything in his locker to be an excellent defender at the higher levels, having just had a good debut season in the Premiership. The two positions that all good teams are always reluctant to sell their players in are the goalkeeping positions and centreback positions, and the price needs to reflect this, as opposed to reflecting our bitterness at being relegated. We know first hand how difficult it can be to find a good, Premiership calibre centreback with intelligence, composure and physique in his game, at a good age with suitable top flight experience, and a reliable fitness record. So take the suitors to the cleaners if they want him.

£15m. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come off it.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Dismissed by Redknapp SSN

Denied or what?

Jim White

Harry Redknapp has dismissed reports he has bid 10mil for Sebastian Bassong

NUFC Officials

We have rejected a bid of 10mil from spurs

?