Newcastle United 0 - 0 Leeds United (FT) - 29/07/09

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else expecting bother from Leeds fans? They have 2000 tickets sold plus pay at the gate seats. I remember when they had a friendly against Hibs 3 or 4 years ago. I was in Edinburgh before a Berwick game and the Leeds fans were rampaging through the city causing bother everywhere. Hibs fans werent much better mind.

Doubt it, we've both been through the same, doubt the'll be anything but sympathy.

Bollocks, they've been rinsed by everyone for years, they'll be loving that someone else has suffered the same fate.

Anyone else expecting bother from Leeds fans? They have 2000 tickets sold plus pay at the gate seats. I remember when they had a friendly against Hibs 3 or 4 years ago. I was in Edinburgh before a Berwick game and the Leeds fans were rampaging through the city causing bother everywhere. Hibs fans werent much better mind.

I have been reliably informed that they were allocated 1500 tickets and sold 400. They have returned 1100 tickets and can pay on the gate.

Guest toonlass

Is this a friendly match?

No game against Leeds and any other club is ever a "friendly". Dirty players, dirty fans. Dirty club!

Guest neesy111

i wonder if there will be any anti dennis wise chants, since both fan's hate the little cockney shit

Guest Roger Kint

Have nothing but respect for Leeds United and their fans. Cracking club, great supporters and a marvellous history. Its their owner I can't stand.

Couldnt disagree more. Having been attacked by the scum when i was 13 and going to a game with my dad and younger brother and seen countless incidents since of their 'fans' i have nothing but contempt for them.

Have nothing but respect for Leeds United and their fans. Cracking club, great supporters and a marvellous history. Its their owner I can't stand.

Couldnt disagree more. Having been attacked by the scum when i was 13 and going to a game with my dad and younger brother and seen countless incidents since of their 'fans' i have nothing but contempt for them.

It has been the same with our fans in the past, no club can say they don't or haven't had the fair share of hooligans. I've been to Elland Road a few times and its been fine, only game I've been to with any trouble was last year was against Bradford in JPT when I went with a few mates because it was fairly cheap. Great atmosphere at Elland Road as well.

It has been the same with our fans in the past, no club can say they don't or haven't had the fair share of hooligans. I've been to Elland Road a few times and its been fine, only game I've been to with any trouble was last year was against Bradford in JPT when I went with a few mates because it was fairly cheap. Great atmosphere at Elland Road as well.

Has it?

From the Shields Gazette online

With Leeds United having been given more tickets after selling out their initial 2,000-seat allocation, the club are expecting a gate well in excess of the 6,151 which saw Newcastle, then managed by Graeme Souness, beat non-league Yeading 5-0 four years ago.

Yeah. Newcastle had a similar reputation to Leeds once upon a time. My Dad remembers going to watch Newcastle play Huddersfield at Leeds Road and said all the two sets of fans did was fight. He also remembers seeing a black woman and her son racially abused by a bunch of Newcastle fans whilst crossing the road near a pub not far from the ground. Leeds fans may have been bad, but many clubs supporters were exactly the same.

Yeah. Newcastle had a similar reputation to Leeds once upon a time. My Dad remembers going to watch Newcastle play Huddersfield at Leeds Road and said all the two sets of fans did was fight. He also remembers seeing a black woman and her son racially abused by a bunch of Newcastle fans whilst crossing the road near a pub not far from the ground. Leeds fans may have been bad, but many clubs supporters were exactly the same.

In my experience, although I am only 24 Leeds fans have always been horrible, disgusting wankers. Yet I can't remember any of our fans being anywhere like them in my lifetime.

Agree about the racial issues though, as my dad said us and everywhere else had that attitude back then.

In my experience, although I am only 24 Leeds fans have always been horrible, disgusting wankers. Yet I can't remember any of our fans being anywhere like them in my lifetime.

Agree about the racial issues though, as my dad said us and everywhere else had that attitude back then.

Guess it depends on your experience, most Leeds fans I know are alright. One of the few postives about modern football is that we seem to have moved on from that attitude.

There's always trouble when we play Leeds.  I'm lucky that I'm going to the match tonight with a couple of local hard lads. :nods:

There's always trouble when we play Leeds.  I'm lucky that I'm going to the match tonight with a couple of local hard lads. :nods:

Tit.  bluerazz.gif

Have you ever thought that you may think there is always trouble as you go to matches with 'hard lads' and actually it might not be that bad.

Not sure if it has been mentioned elsewhere, but Radio Newcastle are doing live commentary tonight.

Any radio coverage tonight?

:lol:

ah god bless ya, need my radio coberage, going to get soaked tonight like, its fkn pissing down.

Not sure if it has been mentioned elsewhere, but Radio Newcastle are doing live commentary tonight.

Any radio coverage tonight?

:lol:

Will the radio Newcastle coverage be on the web?