Newcastle United 0 - 0 Leeds United (FT) - 29/07/09

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

£5.. (Juniors = U18)... Nice one.

Was going to go anyway.. SE Corner.

Yep. Can't argue with that. People complained about the price and the club have now reduced the price for the match.

Guest Roger Kint

Yep. Can't argue with that. People complained about the price and the club have now reduced the price for the match.

:facepalm:

Guest toonlass

They could give me a ticket and £100 and I still wouldn't go. Fuck Mike Ashley, fuck Derek Llambias. People who want to go can, its up to them, but I am not going to a friendly game, that could turn into some mong-tastic demonstration for SSN to show the world what the Newcastle fans are like, when everyone starts singing "Ashley out" under the Milburn Stand. Fuck that.

How many you expecting in for this fixture, Derek?

Will you be there?

I want a protest. I say half time everyone in the stands come on the pitch and simply just lay down.  No fighting or destruction etc just simply lie there for a bit lol.

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/2009/07/can-we-cause-another-upset-to-newcastle-united/

Can we cause another upset to Newcastle United?

By MOT

Published: July 27, 2009

Still owned by footballs biggest muppet, Mike Ashley. Still without a manager and still having no idea what kind of team they’ll be left with next year, Newcastle United are in a woeful state of affairs.

The comparisons with Leeds United are unavoidable, the most obvious one being the completely inept chairmen that have seen both these huge clubs fall so spectacularly from grace. Thankfully for us, the worst appears to be behind us and Liesdale is now busy ruining Bah-diff.

For Newcastle though, it could get a whole lot worse before this club returns to any kind of prominence. Mike ‘brains of Britain’ Ashley still hasn’t found a buyer for the club he’s lost millions of pounds on whilst ruining them in the process. Advertising the club for sale on the official NUFC site and directing interested parties to email him with offers is just the tip of the iceberg of this mans incredible stupidity, naivety and short-sightedness. The email address did indeed receive plenty of offers. None of them were real of course and probably began life somewhere near Sunderland.

It just doesn’t seem to be getting any better for the battered and bruised souls of Newcastle United either. Leyton Orient’s 6-1 demolition of them this weekend showed just how bad a state of affairs the club is in. Adidas seem to be the only people associated with Newcastle that have retained their sense of humour with possibly the most hideous away kit I’ve ever seen. I’m told sales aren’t going well. Hardly suprising when you’ve seen their classy orange and yellow striped effort.

Meanwhile, things are looking much brighter at Elland Road and the silver-lining finally seems to have surrounded them jet black clouds that have shadowed the club for the past few years. A dominating display against Premiership side Blackburn Rovers showed Leeds United fans many positives. The defence looked much better for a start and the new goalkeeper, Shane Higgs had a good match also. In attack is where our biggest strength lies though and we hammered away at the goal of Paul Robinson almost relentlessly, hitting the woodwork twice and forcing an impressive display from our former academy star.

The bookies have Newcastle as favourites for the Leeds match with odds around even. Leeds on the other hand are 2/1. Personally, I’d expect a draw. The Leeds team look good and will attack well. With Jermaine Beckford leading the charge, I’d expect us to score. I think Newcastle will be ready for us though. After the embarrassment of Leyton Orient, the overpaid, under-achieving team will be desperate to avoid further humiliation.

As Leeds fans I’m sure we can all sympathise with the Geordies. We know only too well that the people responsible move on easier than the club they destroyed and it’s the fans that suffer greatest. Besides, I wanted Hull to go down instead. Partly because I think their fanbase is extremely fickle and made up mostly of ex-Leeds “fans” but mostly because I can’t stand their manager.

Everyone fucking knows it. :hmm:

Just couldn't help myself. Bought 2 tickets for me and the bairn tonight.

A friend at work was in the box office this afternoon, and one of the staff told him they'd sold around 10,000 tickets. If true, that's a lot more than i thought. 

Guest Brummiemag

They could give me a ticket and £100 and I still wouldn't go. Fuck Mike Ashley, fuck Derek Llambias. People who want to go can, its up to them, but I am not going to a friendly game, that could turn into some mong-tastic demonstration for SSN to show the world what the Newcastle fans are like, when everyone starts singing "Ashley out" under the Milburn Stand. Fuck that.

To be fair under the circumstances I think we would look fairly pathetic if we were not protesting - I'm not going to the game but I would certainly be singing "Ashley out" and worse if I was

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/2009/07/can-we-cause-another-upset-to-newcastle-united/

By MOT

Still owned by footballs biggest muppet, Mike Ashley. Still without a manager and still having no idea what kind of team they’ll be left with next year, Newcastle United are in a woeful state of affairs.

The comparisons with Leeds United are unavoidable, the most obvious one being the completely inept chairmen that have seen both these huge clubs fall so spectacularly from grace. Thankfully for us, the worst appears to be behind us and Liesdale is now busy ruining Bah-diff.

For Newcastle though, it could get a whole lot worse before this club returns to any kind of prominence. Mike ‘brains of Britain’ Ashley still hasn’t found a buyer for the club he’s lost millions of pounds on whilst ruining them in the process. Advertising the club for sale on the official NUFC site and directing interested parties to email him with offers is just the tip of the iceberg of this mans incredible stupidity, naivety and short-sightedness. The email address did indeed receive plenty of offers. None of them were real of course and probably began life somewhere near Sunderland.

It just doesn’t seem to be getting any better for the battered and bruised souls of Newcastle United either. Leyton Orient’s 6-1 demolition of them this weekend showed just how bad a state of affairs the club is in. Adidas seem to be the only people associated with Newcastle that have retained their sense of humour with possibly the most hideous away kit I’ve ever seen. I’m told sales aren’t going well. Hardly suprising when you’ve seen their classy orange and yellow striped effort.

Meanwhile, things are looking much brighter at Elland Road and the silver-lining finally seems to have surrounded them jet black clouds that have shadowed the club for the past few years. A dominating display against Premiership side Blackburn Rovers showed Leeds United fans many positives. The defence looked much better for a start and the new goalkeeper, Shane Higgs had a good match also. In attack is where our biggest strength lies though and we hammered away at the goal of Paul Robinson almost relentlessly, hitting the woodwork twice and forcing an impressive display from our former academy star.

The bookies have Newcastle as favourites for the Leeds match with odds around even. Leeds on the other hand are 2/1. Personally, I’d expect a draw. The Leeds team look good and will attack well. With Jermaine Beckford leading the charge, I’d expect us to score. I think Newcastle will be ready for us though. After the embarrassment of Leyton Orient, the overpaid, under-achieving team will be desperate to avoid further humiliation.

As Leeds fans I’m sure we can all sympathise with the Geordies. We know only too well that the people responsible move on easier than the club they destroyed and it’s the fans that suffer greatest. Besides, I wanted Hull to go down instead. Partly because I think their fanbase is extremely fickle and made up mostly of ex-Leeds “fans” but mostly because I can’t stand their manager.

Everyone f***ing knows it. :hmm:

If gained respect for Leeds fans for that. The rest of the footballing world is laughing at us but they know what it's like ti be where we are. Fair play :clap:

The last time I sat very close to the posh seats was against Blackburn in 03-04 (0-1, horrible performance from start to finish). I spent 5 minutes eye-balling Shepherd at half-time until he acknowledged my anger with a nod. 3 days later he gave the famous 'rolls royce performances' interview.  :lol:

The last time I sat very close to the posh seats was against Blackburn in 03-04 (0-1, horrible performance from start to finish). I spent 5 minutes eye-balling Shepherd at half-time until he acknowledged my anger with a nod. 3 days later he gave the famous 'royce performances' interview.  :lol:

Well lets hope your special powers work if he does show then.

:thup:

By MOT

The comparisons with Leeds United are almost none existent, the most obvious one being the completely inept chairmen that have seen both these huge clubs fall so spectacularly from grace. Thankfully for us, the worst appears to be behind us and Liesdale is now busy ruining Bah-diff.

Corrected the article there :D