Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Could it be that Allardyce, Keegan, Shearer etc all believed that Krul wasn't ready for a place in the squad because of what we've all witnessed today - very talented but suffering from inexperience and underdeveloped judgement?

Of course not, he made 3 good saves today and 4 against Palermo, those managers are all idiots for not selecting him ahead of Harper

Why all the knee-jerking? He appears to be a great shotstopper with a lot to learn and certainly one the future if not the immediate future

To be fair no one is saying that, after all young goalkeepers are notoriously inconsistant. The point i'm trying to hammer home is not only that Krul did very little wrong and therefore doesn't deserve any stick he is getting on here by the Ron Manager's sitting behind their computer screens, but Harper is far from the "Ingurlundz numba one!!11!!111" he used to be. In fact he's went right off the other end.

Could it be that Allardyce, Keegan, Shearer etc all believed that Krul wasn't ready for a place in the squad because of what we've all witnessed today - very talented but suffering from inexperience and underdeveloped judgement?

Of course not, he made 3 good saves today and 4 against Palermo, those managers are all idiots for not selecting him ahead of Harper

Why all the knee-jerking? He appears to be a great shotstopper with a lot to learn and certainly one the future if not the immediate future

To be fair no one is saying that, after all young goalkeepers are notoriously inconsistant. The point i'm trying to hammer home is not only that Krul did very little wrong and therefore doesn't deserve any stick he is getting on here by the Ron Manager's sitting behind their computer screens, but Harper is far from the "Ingurlundz numba one!!11!!111" he used to be. In fact he's went right off the other end.

now you're just talking rubbish. I said Harper was a 'decent' keeper and Krul looks good but has a very, very blatant weakness.

now you're just talking rubbish. I said Harper was a 'decent' keeper and Krul looks good but has a very, very blatant weakness.

You said Harper hadn't had 5 bad games for us. Now that's talking rubbish.

I think Krul is a a hot prospect as far as keepers go.

I saw it in the game against Palermo and have read good reports about him from his loan spells up and down the country.

I would definately like to see him get the nod more often, and I think that given the right coaching he could be one of the top keepers in any league.

My biggest fear is that like bassong, he will have a few good performances and be snatched up by another club for next to nothing.

I'm one of Krul's biggest fans, being saying for the 3 years i've watched him in the reserves that we have a potentially great keeper on our hands and was all for Harper being sold and Krul taking over as number 2 behind Shay this time last year.  To be fair tonight it wasn't a normal Krul performance and he rarely comes and flaps at crosses the way he did a couple times today, normal so composed and either catches or punches.  He is though as he demonstrated tonight that he's an excellent shot stopper and for a keeper is excellent with his "footballing" skills, cool taking backpasses and strikes a great ball, will ping 60 yard goal kicks or clearances straight to a man,  oh and he takes a mean penalty as well.

In saying all that and for how well he played today providing Harper has no long term effects from his concussion he doesn't deserve to be dropped as a result of Shola kickin him in the head.  He does now know that he's going to have to be on top top form to keep his place in the team or Krul will take his place and more than likely keep it.

the sad thing is, if Krul completely f***s up and costs us this season it'll be the usual suspects praising him to high heaven today that'll be the first ones on his back.

Having a considered, consistent opinion seems to count for nowt here

the sad thing is, if Krul completely f***s up and costs us this season it'll be the usual suspects praising him to high heaven today that'll be the first ones on his back.

Like yours on Duff?  Or Cacapa?

clearly he did the job for us today, and yes he made mistakes but he's young. In keeper terms he's only a kid.

if he was to cost us the season, i'm more inclined to blame bad coaching and crap management. there is no doubt he has talent but it has to be developed properly

To be fair we wouldn't be here discussing this if your 'considered, consistant opinion' that Harper has had no more than five bad games for us in his whole career wasn't a complete crock of shit.

Krul had a very good game and Harper has been below par for some time. That's all i'm trying to say. I've no idea why you've decidd to take issue with it and act a bit of a tart.

I kind of feel that way tbf, but the majority of football fans are kneejerk.

Feels great having a keeper who wants to come out and command his penalty area for a change. Also he's clearly young and hungry - we need more of that throughout the side. Now bring on Nile Ranger.

Like yours on Duff?  Or Cacapa?

Cacapa WAS a good player, which changed with age, nowt to do with consistency.

To be fair we wouldn't be here discussing this if your 'considered, consistant opinion' that Harper has had no more than five bad games for us in his whole career wasn't a complete crock of s***.

Krul had a very good game and Harper has been below par for some time. That's all i'm trying to say. I've no idea why you've decidd to take issue with it and act a bit of a tart.

What constitutes as below par? He looked a tad dodgy in his first couple of games last season but improved quickly after that for me. One of the few players to escape with some credibility last season

To be fair we wouldn't be here discussing this if your 'considered, consistant opinion' that Harper has had no more than five bad games for us in his whole career wasn't a complete crock of s***.

What constitutes as below par? He looked a tad dodgy in his first couple of games last season but improved quickly after that for me. One of the few players to escape with some credibility last season

He was always teetering on the brink for me last year. He never looked comfortable, he never looked confident and that translated into some of his performances. As I said it wasn't just last season but when Given went through his run of injuries he was never the same player that lined up in the CL. We all know what he was capable of from his stints years previously but now he's a shell of his former self. He's below par.

I've no idea what's happend. Has he lost it or is he just lacking in confidence? Has the fact he's number one got to him?

For me, Krul demonstrated better aerial ability today than Harper has since Given went.

I know it's a bit of a contradiction, but I felt more secure with Krul in goal at their set pieces, even though he flapped at a couple, than I ever have with either Given or Harper back there. At least he showed he has the ability and desire to command his box, and we haven't seen that from our goalkeeper for a very long time.

Guest Heneage

Were people saying him and Foster were equals, I'm failing to see it, watching him against Leyton Orient 6-1 he's looked inept for a big goalie.