Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11678_7227277,00.html

Steve Harper has paid tribute to first-choice Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul but insisted he remains ready to do a job whenever he is called upon.

Alan Pardew decided to make Krul his No.1 at the start of the season and the Dutchman has responded in great style, turning in a series of assured performances to help the Magpies stay unbeaten.

Harper has been impressed by Krul and will continue to assist his younger club-mate in any way possible to help him fulfil his potential.

"The club made the decision to start with Tim at the start of the season and he has been outstanding," Harper told the Evening Chronicle.

"You can't take that away from him.

"Some games he has been quiet but against Fulham, the cup game against Forest, and Wolves he was outstanding.

"He has played a big part in the start to the season and I will continue to help him.

"He is a big player for the future and if I can help get the best out of him then it will only benefit the club."

Rotation

Thought he looked a bit fat, slow a and generally shocking in that one like.

Steve Harper has paid tribute to first-choice Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul but insisted he remains ready to do a job whenever he is called upon.

Alan Pardew decided to make Krul his No.1 at the start of the season and the Dutchman has responded in great style, turning in a series of assured performances to help the Magpies stay unbeaten.

Harper has been impressed by Krul and will continue to assist his younger club-mate in any way possible to help him fulfil his potential.

"The club made the decision to start with Tim at the start of the season and he has been outstanding," Harper told the Evening Chronicle.

"Some games he has been quiet but against Fulham, the cup game against Forest, and Wolves he was outstanding.

"He has played a big part in the start to the season and I will continue to help him.

"He is a big player for the future and if I can help get the best out of him then it will only benefit the club."

Rotation

Didn't Elliot play in that one..?  :crazy2:

Rotation

Didn't Elliot play in that one..?  :crazy2:

In the words of Pilko:

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh51/ZuLiIiIi/Various/thats_the_joke.jpg

Just watched the saves he made in the Palermo game and they were magnificent for such a young keeper.

What a match. :smitten:

Genuinely didn't think he'd come along past that. Figured with this club's luck he'd be a one game wonder, and fall to shit any time he was called upon on in the future. So glad I was 100% wrong. :aww:

Got to be bemoaning his luck in a football sense. May have been handsomely paid for how much he's actually done over the years, and I'll always be grateful for having such a deputy at the ready for as long as I've followed football. But finally, once his long-term rival disappears, he gets a fantastic 22 year old breaking out a year later and he's back on the bench.

Just watched the saves he made in the Palermo game and they were magnificent for such a young keeper.

Saves are the easy part of keeping, especially for a youngster. What's impressing me with Krul is the way he's dealing with crosses.

Saves are the easy part of keeping, especially for a youngster. What's impressing me with Krul is the way he's dealing with crosses.

I agree, but it's great goalkeeping in general when you pull off a one-handed reaction save that tips it to the side of the post and follow it up with a block in quick succession. It was his reactions, his positioning in the goal and his agility to get up quickly and block the following shot from close range that made that save magnificent for such a young lad.

He's impressing me with his decision making aswell, like you mention. Again, in the Palermo game, he took responsibility for through balls coming out quickly to smother the ball instead of relying on Bramble's slow pace to try and make the tackle. The Wolves game just gone was a great game and example.

I agree, but it's great goalkeeping in general when you pull off a one-handed reaction save that tips it to the side of the post and follow it up with a block in quick succession. It was his reactions, his positioning in the goal and his agility to get up quickly and block the following shot from close range that made that save magnificent for such a young lad.

He's impressing me with his decision making aswell, like you mention. Again, in the Palermo game, he took responsibility for through balls coming out quickly to smother the ball instead of relying on Bramble's slow pace to try and make the tackle. The Wolves game just gone was a great game and example.

You're making that up. Just stop it.

You're making that up. Just stop it.

???

Comments (0) Add to My Stories Share  Who is your sporting hero?

Edwin van der Sar, all day. I have followed him since I was young. It was a dream and privilege to play against him and it was great to get 0-0 and shake his hand. I got the shirt and gloves boxed at home.

What would you be if you weren't a sportsman?

I was not the best at school and always had a feeling for being a sportsman. If I could choose now it would be a pilot.

Which other sportsman would you like to be?

In a way I am fulfilling that as Holland goalkeeper following Van der Sar.

Career highlight?

Playing for my country in the summer getting a 0-0 against Brazil on my debut.

... and the worst moment?

Four days after my debut for Newcastle, in Palermo aged 18, I injured my knee in the warm-up before a cup game at Watford. I needed two operations.

If your house was burning down, what one possession would you save?

Does a cat count? Thomas the big ginger, he looks a bit like Garfield.

What's the best advice you've ever been given?

After my debut Steve Harper and Shay Given told me to be patient. They were important as they have been through it.

Favourite karaoke song?

I can't sing and wouldn't want to (but see later).

Three most-listened to songs on your ipod?

Anything by Neo, Danza Kuduro by Don Omar and Chris Brown's Pot of Gold.

Last film you saw?

The Inbetweeners Movie at the cinema in Newcastle, a class film, the dance is the best bit.

Last book you read?

I have been reading the autobiography of Andre Agassi (right) for a while and I haven't finished it yet. I'm not a great reader. I'm more into TV series like An Idiot Abroad.

Favourite pre-match meal?

Breakfast of scrambled egg on toast and then spaghetti and chicken for lunch.

Can you cook? Best dish?

I have a girlfriend, Claire, to do that for me. I am not the best but it is laziness.

Your favourite holiday destination?

Barbados and Dubai.

In a film of your life, who would YOU like to play you?

Brad Pitt, of course.

What's the most expensive thing you've ever bought?

A car for my parents, a Nissan Tourec.

Tell us a secret...

In my first year at Newcastle, the young players had an X-Factor with Alan Shearer, Harper and Given as jury. I could hardly speak a word of English but mumbled through a Lamar song. The loser had to drink a horrible milkshake. I avoided it because they had sympathy with my language barrier.

Newcastle press officer Wendy Taylor is walking The Mount Blanc Massif for The Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2046618/Its-secret-Newcastle-Holland-keeper-Tim-Krul.html#ixzz1aCLu8Yr7